Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I do hope we get another imperial set from Rebels as well, considering both the at-dp and tie proto might get retired

No, not another one from "Rebels"... can you imagine how easily obtainable OT stormtroopers could've been, had it not been for those "Rebels" versions?

What I want to see is an Imperial set with OT stormtroopers, so I hope they'd make that an OT set and not a Rebels one, we've got plenty of Imperial "Rebels" sets already.

Edited by General Magma

Thanks guys for the info on the A-Wing. TLG seem to have done an excellent job this year on keeping the pics of the winter waves off of the net. Would it be too much to ask for someone to post an up-to-date list of what we know is coming out in the winter wave?

I can't believe it'd be anything other than Rebels. Obviously the TFA stuff completely dwarfs Rebels for marketing stuff, but I can't see Disney ever ignoring currently-running content so completely as to give us only one system-scale set, and with the A-wings being featured so strongly in Rebels over the last couple episodes they're the obvious choice for a medium-small vehicle. LEGO goes for weird remakes sometimes, but we just had an OT A-wing in 2013, and it's such a minor vehicle in the OT compared to Rebels (where it's the only Alliance starfighter shown so far, although IIRC there were B-wing prototypes in one of the Season 2 trailers) that it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to do that again.

Rebels is such a rich source of material, but with TFA and Rogue One coming up (not to mention the OT, PT and Battle Front) it's hard to see TLG giving it the attention it deserves. They're spoilt for choice now!

No, not another one from "Rebels"... can you imagine how easily obtainable OT stormtroopers could've been, had it not been for those "Rebels" versions?

What I want to see is an Imperial set with OT stormtroopers, so I hope they'd make that an OT set and not a Rebels one, we've got plenty of Imperial "Rebels" sets already.

I think all the hoopla about different stormie versions is all a bit silly, the new Rebels STs look better then any other version i have in the collection, from a quality point of view, i have absolutely no trouble mixing them.

As for Rebels sets, ive read rumours that the AT-DP/battlepack/Tie will be retired, which will leave only the Assault Carrier, which would be rather silly, new Rebels fans would only be able to get any Imperials by buying the €140 flagship set of the subtheme (excluding microfighters)

Im not sure what would make a good new Imperial Rebels set though, vehicle wise i cant think of anything but an Arquitens class cruiser (which i very much want) and a pair of speeder bikes, otherwise i think most of what is in the series has been covered so far.

Sorry to disagree but the more Rebels sets the better. The troops look better and the story has alot more content the the 3 old OT movies.

I hope a new rebels blockade runner or the bigger command ship.

Also hope for some new designs like a inquisitor scout ship or something.

Sorry to disagree but the more Rebels sets the better. The troops look better and the story has alot more content the the 3 old OT movies.

I think this post suits better at the "Future Star Wars sets" topic in this forum.

Not to derail the thread, but I struggle to see how what is inherently a kids' show can have "alot more content" than three movies with deep emotional and political themes. However, I will admit that Rebels does have "more content", if only as a means to keep kids entertained with a new, exciting, and different adventure every week. But in terms of meaning and depth, the three OT movies have "more". (I say all this as a fan of Rebels).

Back on track, I wouldn't discount the possibility of a TFA A-Wing just yet.

I don't get why people complain about Rebels version of Stormtroopers. I mean the only major difference is blue stripes on the helmet instead of black. Just use some of your older Stormtroopers helmets and replace the Rebels ones if you don't like them that much.

I don't get why people complain about Rebels version of Stormtroopers. I mean the only major difference is blue stripes on the helmet instead of black. Just use some of your older Stormtroopers helmets and replace the Rebels ones if you don't like them that much.

It's the mouth print that is upsetting. It's at a much steeper angle than a normal stormtrooper, and doesn't conform to the mold of the helmet. The prints aren't even as detailed as the OT ones, and have a cartoon-y look. That's why there's so much hate.

21d4y0x.jpg

The helmets are very different. Sure, you can replace your Rebels helmets with OT ones, but then you have to go on Bricklink to buy new OT helmets. That's the same thing as saying the tiny, crappy MTT in 75058 is OK because you can replace it with the one from 7662--you're correct that that's an option, but it doesn't change the fact that 75058 was a crappy model. I think the Rebels helmets are great, because they're an accurate reflection of the helmets in the show, and it would be wrong to include OT-style TKs in Rebels sets, but the vast majority of people aren't interested in accumulating large numbers of Rebels troopers, and therefore think (correctly) that OT ones should be at least as easily available.

I too have to air on the side of the OT looking Stormies. My biggest issue with the Rebels stormies is that we just recently got a new iteration of the OT stormies, yet the battle pack we get is for the Rebels ones. As such, we're forced to get ONE in either the Advent Calendar or Slave 1.

I think all the hoopla about different stormie versions is all a bit silly, the new Rebels STs look better then any other version i have in the collection, from a quality point of view, i have absolutely no trouble mixing them.

Well not all of us want to mix them...

Not to derail the thread, but I struggle to see how what is inherently a kids' show can have "alot more content" than three movies with deep emotional and political themes. However, I will admit that Rebels does have "more content", if only as a means to keep kids entertained with a new, exciting, and different adventure every week. But in terms of meaning and depth, the three OT movies have "more". (I say all this as a fan of Rebels).

Back on track, I wouldn't discount the possibility of a TFA A-Wing just yet.

I don,'t want to spoil your dreams, but if you seek depth you better switch to Star Trek.

Star wars OT is a cool laser show fantasy, but depth it has not.

back on topic,

I don't see much difference between the old stormtrooper and the rebels one, they both look old, the rebels has a slight meaner look due to the sharper black curve. The Torso of the rebels one is beter, but it is newer. I like the TFA new helmet even better, even if it looks a bit like a frog's face.

Edited by firefox

I too have to air on the side of the OT looking Stormies. My biggest issue with the Rebels stormies is that we just recently got a new iteration of the OT stormies, yet the battle pack we get is for the Rebels ones. As such, we're forced to get ONE in either the Advent Calendar or Slave 1.

You can also pick up two from the latest ISD - it's a goldmine of imperials!

I'm didn't hate the Stormtroopers from the Rebels TV show, but I also don't like them either. The mouth print looks very angular and doesn't fit the stormtrooper helmet mold well, what causing a very cartoonish look.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I don,'t want to spoil your dreams, but if you seek depth you better switch to Star Trek.

Star wars OT is a cool laser show fantasy, but depth it has not.

back on topic,

I don't see much difference between the old stormtrooper and the rebels one, they both look old, the rebels has a slight meaner look due to the sharper black curve. The Torso of the rebels one is beter, but it is newer. I like the TFA new helmet even better, even if it looks a bit like a frog's face.

The Star Wars OT is a story of redemption from evil, of moral relativity, of love, and of the struggle between the id and the ego. Ever read Joseph Campbell's Hero With a Thousand Faces? No? Star Trek, meanwhile is a "laser show fantasy" repository of cheesy acting (Khaaaaaaaaan!). Also, your insistence that everything "newer" in Star Wars is better is, frankly, naive. Star Wars has a nearly forty-year legacy, and to discount all but the most recent iterations of said legacy is akin to shooting yourself in the foot. Sorry for the rant.

Back on topic, when I look at the Rebels Stormtroopers I can't help but think of a droopy mustachio. The mouth curve is even more pronounced on the minifigures than it is on the show, but c'est la vie. As someone who recognizes the differences between the OT and Rebels versions, I understand both sides of the discussion, but ultimately both versions look better than my fifteen-year-old Stormie minifigures, so I'll take both. But someday, TLG will have to pay for withholding the OT goodness from us! :laugh::devil:

Edited by Junior Shark

The Star Wars OT is a story of redemption from evil, of moral relativity, of love, and of the struggle between the id and the ego. Ever read Joseph Campbell's Hero With a Thousand Faces? No? Star Trek, meanwhile is a "laser show fantasy" repository of cheesy acting (Khaaaaaaaaan!). Also, your insistence that everything "newer" in Star Wars is better is, frankly, naive. Star Wars has a nearly forty-year legacy, and to discount all but the most recent iterations of said legacy is akin to shooting yourself in the foot. Sorry for the rant.

Back on topic, when I look at the Rebels Stormtroopers I can't help but think of a droopy mustachio. The mouth curve is even more pronounced on the minifigures than it is on the show, but c'est la vie. As someone who recognizes the differences between the OT and Rebels versions, I understand both sides of the discussion, but ultimately both versions look better than my fifteen-year-old Stormie minifigures, so I'll take both. But someday, TLG will have to pay for withholding the OT goodness from us! :laugh::devil:

+1. I agree with it all.

The OT storm troopers are quite nice but even if you were to get all the sets they appeared in (Star Destroyer,Slave 1, Advent Calendar) you'd only have only 4 in total. So army building them is not easy. Was hoping they'd be in the new Battle Packs but doesn't seem to be the case.

As for the Rebels storm troopers, I didn't like them that much at first but they are easier to army build and way better than the old ones so...yeah I have a small army of them now. xD

On an unrelated note: Lego needs to release a Episode 7 Storm Trooper Battle Pack. Just got the transport and I want more of these awesome troopers!

The OT storm troopers are quite nice but even if you were to get all the sets they appeared in (Star Destroyer,Slave 1, Advent Calendar) you'd only have only 4 in total. So army building them is not easy. Was hoping they'd be in the new Battle Packs but doesn't seem to be the case.

As for the Rebels storm troopers, I didn't like them that much at first but they are easier to army build and way better than the old ones so...yeah I have a small army of them now. xD

On an unrelated note: Lego needs to release a Episode 7 Storm Trooper Battle Pack. Just got the transport and I want more of these awesome troopers!

There is a TFA battle pack coming out, we just don't know what's in it. Probably 2 stormies, an officer, and maybe a flame or snow trooper

There is a TFA battle pack coming out, we just don't know what's in it. Probably 2 stormies, an officer, and maybe a flame or snow trooper

Oh good! If that's the case then it shouldn't be too long until I can begin army building them. xD

Also hopeful them that the Resistance BP with be just as good as the Rebel BP from Battlefront.

I think the Rebels helmets are great, because they're an accurate reflection of the helmets in the show, and it would be wrong to include OT-style TKs in Rebels sets, but the vast majority of people aren't interested in accumulating large numbers of Rebels troopers, and therefore think (correctly) that OT ones should be at least as easily available.

I don't think it'd be "wrong" to include OT-style stormies in Rebels sets at all... aside from the stormies & TIE pilots, Rebels minifigs are pretty much styled like movie-based minifigs, unlike TCW with their big-eye faces. That was always my biggest sticking point with the Rebels-style stormies, because Kanan, Ezra, Hera, etc can all hang out with Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, etc and look just fine, but the stormies meet up with the OT stormies and they clash a bit. Same with the Rebels Wookiees, too...slightly cartoonier than Chewie & Tarfful (at least, far as I can tell... the Rebels ones seem to have taller eyes, lending 'em that cartoonier aspect)

I love the detail on the Rebels stormies, but it really was unnecessary to do up new torso, leg, and helmet markings with cartoonier curves & whatever, when they were also making a slick new OT stormie stuck in pricier sets. People want LOTS of stormies...confining 'em to $100+ sets (aside from the Advent Calendar) is pretty silly of TLG to do.

I've got a few OT stormies now... Thankfully I bought all the sets they were included in. I also have a few of the previous version which was almost identical but without leg printing. I'm thinking of just BLing some helmets for the Rebels versions and they'd all pretty much fit in together.

Maybe picking up some Rebels ST legs for the older OT ones would work too.