Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

^ This.

I would have accepted two pilots and a stormtrooper Finn rather than the four minifigures we got, that's how much I would have preferred a Finn minifig with the TIE. But I can't blame Lego as at the design stage they probably had no idea about the pairing. I see polybag as a quick and easy way to make up for missing out on putting an alternate Finn in another set.

Yep, FN-2187 is his trooper number (TK421, why aren't you at your post etc) - and the original of his nickname FIN. Real name unknown!

Definitely want that Finn poly for some of his new hairpiece. Too bad he probably doesn't come with a helmet though

Definitely want that Finn poly for some of his new hairpiece. Too bad he probably doesn't come with a helmet though

Pretty sure there will be helmets available on bricklink. Not really such a bad thing.

Are these polybags going to be US (TRU) exclusive?Not a lot of countries in Europe ,actually non beside Britain have TRU and i really want that Finn polybag :| . I'm already missing out the c3po polybag ,I hope i wont miss that one as well.

So when this Finn polybag will be released? Around ep7 release, or May 4? I thought that since none of January TFA sets will have Luke, he will be May 4 promo.

No idea how to do the spoiler tags so...

POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Last Chance!!!! Apparently Finn doesn't have an actual name because he's a stormtrooper. His name is his ID #FN-2187. So his name is given because of the sound FN makes phonetically.

Edited by Clone OPatra
If you don't know how to use spoiler tags, please find out first

Nice Finn polybag! Stormtrooper armor with sand on it looks great. I was surprised that Lego didn't include this version of Finn in 75101 FO TIE, and gave us random officer and crew member.

...there's also another figure that would probably make a lot of sense with that TIE...

Jacket Poe, since Finn is seen dragging his jacket after the crash

Just noticed that Finn's Stormtrooper code name FN-2187 has the same number as Leias prison cell on Death Star in Ep 4. Coincidence?

No coincidence! Just a nod to ANH. The question is whether "FN-2187" is the only name he's ever known, or if he comes up with "Finn" just to avoid using his real name that the First Order might be broadcasting to local law enforcement.

Oh come on! Why can't they just leak what we all want leaked......?

http://i.imgur.com/TKjlZgT.jpg

Still a nice little surprise though. Means we can get at least some sort of version of Finn in a cheap-ish way.

There's also some sort of number code next to his name on the polybag...perhaps his Trooper number in the movie? (Like how Fives' number was CT-5555)

Great find! Ah yes, inexpensive access to Finn but... no helmet? Really?

Really?

Really????

That's a well-deserved facepalm, TLG. I know, I know, he probably isn't wearing his helmet in that scene, but it's just so.... cheap.

Last Chance!!!! Apparently Finn doesn't have an actual name because he's a stormtrooper. His name is his ID #FN-2187. So his name is given because of the sound FN makes phonetically.

storm troopers do have names there every day people they just get a code and trained to go by that code incase if they get caught by there foes they would not be able to heart his family. luke was gana go join the empire and be a storm trooper later in the year but then owen bought the droids. luke would have still had a name he would have just gotten a code

[#spoiler] words here [#/spoiler] just dont put the #s

Could you guys not discuss spoilers and potential plot points openly in here please? I know I don't join this discussion very much, but I do read it for the LEGO news, and would not like to accidentally have parts of the movie spoiled. I'm sure others are in the same boat.

Could you guys not discuss spoilers and potential plot points openly in here please? I know I don't join this discussion very much, but I do read it for the LEGO news, and would not like to accidentally have parts of the movie spoiled. I'm sure others are in the same boat.

That boat sailed a few months ago....

I know.

I was the main protagonist in trying to stop spoilers... Like trying to make the world spin the opposite direction...

Edited by Fuppylodders

storm troopers do have names there every day people they just get a code and trained to go by that code incase if they get caught by there foes they would not be able to heart his family. luke was gana go join the empire and be a storm trooper later in the year but then owen bought the droids. luke would have still had a name he would have just gotten a code

[#spoiler] words here [#/spoiler] just dont put the #s

Luke wouldn't have been a stormtrooper... the Academies train people for all sorts of roles. Some, presumably, not even military (Minister Tua attended the Academy, after all, and she was a civilian government official)

The one being discussed recently is printed right on the polybag! It was first discovered from the talking toys & masks last month, tho... Would be nice if it had a helmet, but if it's not pictured, it probably isn't there.

Do you think the code at the bottom left of the Finn polybag could be for a video game?.

I think that is more than a fair chance to happen...

Honest question - in a thread titled '2016 rumours' you have an issue with people discussing 2016 rumours? As far as I can tell, people are even talking about 2016 rumours directly relevant to Lego sets we are/might be getting.

Take it from someone that's checked - the trailers and sets that have all been revealed include huge quantities of info on the plot. There's simply no way to talk about these sets and not be deep into real spoilers territory.

On another topic, are we sure the 2016 Death Star set isn't actually TFA's 'Catapult' doomsday weapon or the star killer base? As at least one of those actually looks like a Death Star?

Edit: Just saw the SPOILER pics :laugh:

75134 Empire Battle Pack - Uhh what's with the Stormtrooper that looks like he/she smeared lipstick over his suit, If I buy, it'll only be for the two classic Stormtroopers

[...]

75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike - I'm not a rebels fan at all and don't follow the series... but Kanan is a neat mini-fig and the speeder bike doesn't look too terrible. Not thrilled that the piece count is inflated with a bunch of mini-fig guns though.

I have a somewhat different opinion on these two:

75134 Empire Battle Pack: that is a must-buy, because it includes an Imperial Crewman with black cap. That black cap is important to me for a number of characters, but the figure itself can be used a lot, too. That crewman alone is worth the pack.

75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike: includes the dark version of an Imperial combat driver (lower image), which is exclusive* and much needed. Not to mention the lego rendition looks amazing! Another stormy does not hurt and the minifig guns are nicely supplementing the existing Rebels Stormtrooper BP. I think I'll get multiples of that.

(* it might be that the new AT-DP microfighter includes one, but they are usually piloted by the light version not the dark version)

On another topic, are we sure the 2016 Death Star set isn't actually TFA's 'Catapult' doomsday weapon or the star killer base? As at least one of those actually looks like a Death Star?

This has come up before, and it's been said that it is indeed a Death Star, as in the Original Trilogy.

This has come up before, and it's been said that it is indeed a Death Star, as in the Original Trilogy.

Has it ever been 100% confirmed a new DS is coming out?

I have a somewhat different opinion on these two:

75134 Empire Battle Pack: that is a must-buy, because it includes an Imperial Crewman with black cap. That black cap is important to me for a number of characters, but the figure itself can be used a lot, too. That crewman alone is worth the pack.

75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike: includes the dark version of an Imperial combat driver (lower image), which is exclusive* and much needed. Not to mention the lego rendition looks amazing! Another stormy does not hurt and the minifig guns are nicely supplementing the existing Rebels Stormtrooper BP. I think I'll get multiples of that.

(* it might be that the new AT-DP microfighter includes one, but they are usually piloted by the light version not the dark version)

I'd agree for the Empire BP. But for me I have the Shock Trooper as an excuse to get 2 of the set and the Technician's cap for the Microfighters Star Destroyer's crewman.

We might not be seeing the battle of Takadonna because TLG is protecting the images, but I really don't get why the droid escape hasn't been leaked. What's so secretive about a tube with two droids that have appeared in multiple sets inside with two Jawas nearby? It doesn't make sence. I will continue to hope that it is because of a bantha or something else about the set that we are not aware of, but if this is not the case then it's absence is just rather weird.

We might not be seeing the battle of Takadonna because TLG is protecting the images, but I really don't get why the droid escape hasn't been leaked. What's so secretive about a tube with two droids that have appeared in multiple sets inside with two Jawas nearby? It doesn't make sence. I will continue to hope that it is because of a bantha or something else about the set that we are not aware of, but if this is not the case then it's absence is just rather weird.

Well, like any other set that hasn't been leaked, we were unlucky. Marvel didn't get the avengers jet leaked and not every single batman vs superman set was leaked either. We were very fortunate to see more than half of the SW sets though!