Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Hmm, Hoth base seems to have been a dud rumour. It's unlikely to be released in January with the Ghostbustets HQ already allocated to that slot and wasn't the May slot going to the unneeded A Wing UCS? Maybe the rumour mill just called it wrong.

No, it's coming, it exists, and it's more like a playset than anything. But, it's coming in 2016.

No, it's coming, it exists, and it's more like a playset than anything. But, it's coming in 2016.

Ewok style exclusive or retailer exclusive?

What about the Death Star rumor?

It's still coming, but seeing how LEGO loves pushing back second half D2Cs, I'm a little concerned.

Ewok Village style.

Looks like the general rule of thumb is 2 D2C Star Wars sets a year. No more than that I'm afraid

It's still coming, but seeing how LEGO loves pushing back second half D2Cs, I'm a little concerned.

I just don't believe the whole 'replacement' Death Star rumour. The Hoth, I do. But not the DS. It literally doesn't make sense when the current one hasn't even retired yet, simply to replace it with the same.

Re: the Hoth set.

Could it be- possibly that as some have mentioned, the Hoth name was a place holder and that in fact it is a playset for the snow planet/area in TFA? it is being kept a complete secret until the movie is released? Just a thought....

I just don't believe the whole 'replacement' Death Star rumour. The Hoth, I do. But not the DS. It literally doesn't make sense when the current one hasn't even retired yet, simply to replace it with the same.

Well, it's an updated and more bigger one, but I guess it's up to your own judgement.

Re: the Hoth set.

Could it be- possibly that as some have mentioned, the Hoth name was a place holder and that in fact it is a playset for the snow planet/area in TFA? it is being kept a complete secret until the movie is released? Just a thought....

Nah, it's definitely Hoth.

J2G, any idea what minifigures will be included in this new range of Mircofighters? We got Hera, and a resistance pilot; who else we looking at?

Here's something that may be worthy of notice.

On this (Dutch?) website, in the LEGO Star Wars section, they've gotten a list of all the sets that have thus far been leaked, similar to how some Toys R us pages were doing this a week or two ago.

I thought nothing of it until I clicked on the individual sets and are of them are "expected : 21st December 2015". There's been countless examples of SW sets leaking a few weeks early (The Brick Show had 2015's BPs reviewed on 19th December 2014), so this does still give hope that all the sets, including TFA ones since that the TFA Battle Packs have been listed, might be revealed or at least have high red images leak before the release date, hopefully within the next 3 or so weeks.

Here's the site : http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/star-wars/Pagina-1-75.html

Hmm, Hoth base seems to have been a dud rumour. It's unlikely to be released in January with the Ghostbustets HQ already allocated to that slot and wasn't the May slot going to the unneeded A Wing UCS? Maybe the rumour mill just called it wrong.

Personally, I'd love to see a UCS A-Wing. Outside of some of the larger Rebellion capital ships, I don't think there's much left for the UCS treatment other than remakes.

Well, it's an updated and more bigger one, but I guess it's up to your own judgement.

Nah, it's definitely Hoth.

I'm ok with Hoth coming out as long as it feels like a complete set, I feel previous sets have only been sections in the past whereas a big set would've done the job.

The DS seems an odd choice, hopefully it has enough in there to be different to the previous one, perhaps the hold of is a result of the Anthology file Rogue One next year?

Hello, I am a new member here but I have been reading these forums for awhile! I wonder if the rumored death star set is actually the new death star from TFA?

Hello, I am a new member here but I have been reading these forums for awhile! I wonder if the rumored death star set is actually the new death star from TFA?

That's not a death star.

Found what seems to be a new hoth torso. It looks just like General Rieekan's torso but in a lighter color. So maybe we can expect him in the 2016 hoth D2C set. What do you guys think, here's a comparison.

New torso:

http://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/1582685776/TB2nZRcgFXXXXb4XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1582685776.jpg_620x10000.jpg

General Rieekan's:

https://www.bricklink.com/ML/sw460.jpg

Found what seems to be a new hoth torso. It looks just like General Rieekan's torso but in a lighter color. So maybe we can expect him in the 2016 hoth D2C set. What do you guys think, here's a comparison.

New torso:

http://img.alicdn.co...g_620x10000.jpg

General Rieekan's:

https://www.bricklink.com/ML/sw460.jpg

This one has only 3 dots on the badge. Implies a different character.

It's a part of the moustached officer visible at 0:16 in the Lego Mini Movie Ep.11:

Edited by Vodnik

J2G, any idea what minifigures will be included in this new range of Mircofighters? We got Hera, and a resistance pilot; who else we looking at?

Id expect a generic rebels style Tie pilot for the Tie proto microfighter, i was hoping for an inquisitor myself, but given that unlike the Ghost, the Tie proto isnt unique, it would make little sense to give it a unique pilot (and there is the inquisitor in the big tie-proto set)

Prelims show -

Ghost - Hera

Wookie Gunship - Wookie

AT-DP - AT-DP pilot

TIE Prototype - same pilot.

TFA ones aren't in the catalog but one is a blue x-wing so that'll probably just have an X-Wing pilot.

Really generic figs minus Hera.

Personally, I'd love to see a UCS A-Wing. Outside of some of the larger Rebellion capital ships, I don't think there's much left for the UCS treatment other than remakes.

I've heard there might be a little bit of demand for a UCS AT-AT ;)

Prelims show -

Ghost - Hera

Wookie Gunship - Wookie

AT-DP - AT-DP pilot

TIE Prototype - same pilot.

TFA ones aren't in the catalog but one is a blue x-wing so that'll probably just have an X-Wing pilot.

Really generic figs minus Hera.

Wait, prelims? What catalogue would this be?

I've heard there might be a little bit of demand for a UCS AT-AT ;)

Didn't we get one of those a few years back? It had a motor in it and really walked or something, right?

Wait, prelims? What catalogue would this be?

Didn't we get one of those a few years back? It had a motor in it and really walked or something, right?

Wasnt a UCS set AFAIK, same size as previous AT-ATs as well (roughly)