Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I was just comparing the jedi interceptor with the yellow one (and movie pics), and looks like they angled the front wingtips inward a stud more, not an improvement imho, same goes for the stickered grey bits on the inner edges, and the different slopes around the cockpit

Its still a good looking fighter, but in terms of accuracy and style i think the yellow one is better

Decisions decisions, do i buy the yellow one and mod that, the red one and mod that, or just buy both?

I find it a bit bizarre that the images are so small and heavily compressed, when they came directly from LEGO's cache...

Is this common? I love the sets, but it'd be nice to get a better look at them.

I recall someone who had seen the prelims that the cloud city set would disappoint, wow they were right. Only set for me is the TFA one, poor Star Wars wave imo atm :(

I find it a bit bizarre that the images are so small and heavily compressed, when they came directly from LEGO's cache...

Is this common? I love the sets, but it'd be nice to get a better look at them.

It probably comes from the list of sets page cache, not the 'click the image for a link to the set and its details/more pictures' page.

Well, Empire BP looks great but those "scars" on helmets... :devil:

I think that I will buy regular helmets from BL and change them or maybe we can somehow wipe off those ugly scars.

I could do without the scars, and im not to fond of the commando guy, but i love the officer, its nice to have a cheap option for those guys, and he doesnt have a rank insignia, so could be easily used as a crewman in ships/bases, that guy is probably the most interesting thing about the set to me (for stormies i might as well pick up a bunch of the current Rebels BPs)

The Imperial Battlefront Battlepack contains an Imperial Technician with new, accurate black kepi! :)

I think that I will buy regular helmets from BL and change them or maybe we can somehow wipe off those ugly scars.

The scars are great for action dioramas!

Looks like there is some scarring on the torso as well

Honestly, i dont mind it much, but id just buy a bunch of the Rebels packs for stormies, dont care about the frown :)

It seems pretty cheap of them to make the triangle stabilizer pieces on the front of Kanan's bike actually light grey with stickers as opposed to coloured dark green. Awesome piece, but pure dark green would have been better.

I was just comparing the jedi interceptor with the yellow one (and movie pics), and looks like they angled the front wingtips inward a stud more, not an improvement imho, same goes for the stickered grey bits on the inner edges, and the different slopes around the cockpit

Its still a good looking fighter, but in terms of accuracy and style i think the yellow one is better

Decisions decisions, do i buy the yellow one and mod that, the red one and mod that, or just buy both?

I'm going to buy a second yellow one, mod that with a different colour like blue, and buy the red one. Then I'll have 4 eta-2s in my collection!

No picture of the droid escape? That's disappointing. I like the other sets though. Definitely will be buying a few of these.

I recall someone who had seen the prelims that the cloud city set would disappoint, wow they were right. Only set for me is the TFA one, poor Star Wars wave imo atm :(

This isn't the full wave. There are still one or two more TFA sets, a Podracer, maybe an A-Wing, two more TFA battle packs, the microfighters, and the Droid Escape. Maybe some more that I can't think of..

Liking the look of these so far. Can see me picking up one of everything except the spider droid... and probably an extra one of each battle pack. I don't think I'll be buying 6 or 7 of each battle pack like last year though...

Woah, those figures do look awesome. I'll be sure to get those if not the sets, but it seems they're about to pull me back into set-buying-business...

Always great to see new prints on alien figures, too! A new Rodian head, oh dear! And I'm so glad it's not a new one, so I can just keep on expanding my Rodian head collection.

I'm not sure what the blue rebel figure is, though - is that a Duros? Oh, and that Ugnaught! New Mon Calamarian headprint? Now this is the kind of stuff I'd love to in see every wave.

Kanan's speeder looks great, even comes with 4 extra guns! And Obi's JSF too, definite purchase.

Loving the shock stormie in the BP - I do wish all 4 figs were stormies, though.

It's ITT pilot (driver?), not AT-DP. And I'm very happy to see him, as my ITT needs two :)

They call them the 'Imperial Combat Driver'. The Speeder Bike and ITT versions are darker while the AT-DP ones are white...

Those aside, I hope a minifig scale ITT will be done, and I mean one that has room for the driver's compartment...

I really like the look of these sets - assuming they are prelims and minifigs aren't final versions. Agreed that the Freezing Chamber set is puny, but I'm pleased that these are so far small to medium sized sets with good figures. I really hope that it will be a Chiss head on one of the rebels (looks like Cad Bane right now) as would be prefect for an Admiral Thrawn fig. And I do really hope there's arm printing on Boba like UCS Slave I - I'm sick of there being so many variations on one character available at the same time, as the ugnaught alone isn't worth the set imo.

OK as I said before the Carbon Freeze Chamber should have been a set in the size of the Cantina or Final Duel. Like this it's just terrible.

The Hoth set is very much like 7749 from 1999 with 2 minifigs less and no Tauntaun. What they didn't forget was to up the price, though. Pass.

The BF battle packs look very solid. I didn't expect to see any OT Stormies so I'm not too disappointed. Officer is a great addition but unfortunately 2 jetpack Stormies - one would have been sufficient I guess with room for a sniper / scout. The Rebels look nice. A Rhodian, probably a girl and also what looks like to be Thrawn species head?

Just give a Scout Trooper a long rifle and he becomes a sniper. Also I think that is more like a crewman rather than an officer, judging by the torso printing.

Also, here's hoping those Jump Troopers have the back printing of the regular TK so that there can be a 'clean' and battle-damaged version of both the Stormtrooper and Jump Trooper.

The Carbon freezing chamber works for me even though it's really small. I need it anyway for that Ugnaught.

The Rebel BP is also great. I don't know if i like those humans, but the rodian and ?duros? fig will be great additions to Jabba's Palace.

That ship with Ackbar in it looks like a fun build.

Shame the Rebel battle pack uses those awful oversized Hoth helmets.

The B-Wing type ship with Leia looks really nicely designed, though.

Judging by the freakin' identical Spider Droid, the Droid Escape will be nothing to look at.

I do like the Carbon Chamber, though.

Edited by 8BrickMario

75140 is a must-buy for me, and is easily my favorite TFA set to date. This is the most unique Resistance ship design so far, and I'm a big fan of the B-Wing inspired design aesthetic. The mini-fig selection is also excellent. I need an Admiral Ackbar, Leia looks decent, and I love the Resistance troopers. I was very disappointed that the Resistance troopers in the First Order Transporter didn't have the helmets from the Hasbro figures; I'm glad that we're getting them with the new molding technique, and the movable face plate is a nice surprise.

I think this set is the counterpart to the First Order Transporter. With what appears to be a boarding ramp in the middle of the ship, I believe that these ships insert the Resistance troops for the battle at Maz's castle.

The blue Rebel has a Duros head, not a Chiss head!

The Homing Spider Droid is a strange choice for a set, though. Why so soon after the last one? I am sure the demand was never that high, and even after replacing the sloppy pins with black friction pins to control those long legs, It's really not to great of a set.

I do like the ETA-2 starfighter, though and those neat battlepacks. :thumbup:

75140 is a must-buy for me, and is easily my favorite TFA set to date. This is the most unique Resistance ship design so far, and I'm a big fan of the B-Wing inspired design aesthetic. The mini-fig selection is also excellent. I need an Admiral Ackbar, Leia looks decent, and I love the Resistance troopers. I was very disappointed that the Resistance troopers in the First Order Transporter didn't have the helmets from the Hasbro figures; I'm glad that we're getting them with the new molding technique, and the movable face plate is a nice surprise.

I think this set is the counterpart to the First Order Transporter. With what appears to be a boarding ramp in the middle of the ship, I believe that these ships insert the Resistance troops for the battle at Maz's castle.

Neat observation - I hope you're right! It'd be a very boring ship otherwise.