Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The Hoth set only makes sense if it is supplemental to the larger UCS Echo base. Otherwise it is utterly meh...

Agreed, it looks like a decent expansion to people working on Hoth dioramas or the like, but otherwise..

Lego's obsession with Hoth themed landscape/base sets has always puzzled me

The homing spider droid is literally the exact same one from 2013. :iamded_lol:

They expect that to sell?

Battlepacks look great as always. I own all of 'em. You could say I'm addicted. :blush:

I agree, i never seen anybody pick up the spider droid, it's so ugly and useless, i don't even want it in my star wars collection.

Carbon Freezing Chamber is so disappointing.

It would have been awesome if it were made in the style of the recent Final Duel or Palpatine's Arrest.

Other than that, recolors and reissues seem to be the name of the game right now

I agree, i never seen anybody pick up the spider droid, it's so ugly and useless, i don't even want it in my star wars collection.

That set is the absolute worst of the reissues, add a stud-shooter, switch in yoda for stass allie, a geonosis trooper for a regular one and some regular Battledroids for the Super ones? After barely three years?

Edited by DarthBrickus

Great find! I'm so glad we finally have an Ugnaught. That is probably the most exciting thing to me about this wave. The weird thing about the Carbon Freezing Chamber is that they had the chance to make it it's own standalone set, yet it's still hardly bigger than the one in the old Cloud City set. I'm also a bit dissapointed the stormies have the scars on their helmets. I was hoping to use these as an army builder for the newer Stormtroopers. Guess I'll have to buy a dozen Slave 1s.

I would even argue that the 2013 one is more desirable because it comes with Stass Allie.

Edited by jhaelego

I picked up 3 regular stormies (new style) for £7.50 on eBay this week. Being in the advent calendar should bring the price down.

Edited by markw

I picked up 3 regular stormies (new style) for £7.50 on eBay this week. Being in the advent calendar should bring the price down.

Wow that's a great pickup. I regret not picking up the stormies when all their elements were on Bricks&Pieces.

Oh my gawd.... I figured out why some of the figures have stands and others don't. These photos are ether in the process of being photoshopped or are just old photos that haven't been updated yet. Those stands we see are how the photographer's of LEGO sets stand the minifigures in poses on the final images we see, then they get sent off to LEGO's Graphic department which photoshop them out.

This is a first, there's never been "in the editing process" photos ever leaked before. I'm pretty sure LEGO will get mad at whoever got their hands on these photos!

Great find! I'm so glad we finally have an Ugnaught. That is probably the most exciting thing to me about this wave. The weird thing about the Carbon Freezing Chamber is that they had the chance to make it it's own standalone set, yet it's still hardly bigger than the one in the old Cloud City set. I'm also a bit dissapointed the stormies have the scars on their helmets. I was hoping to use these as an army builder for the newer Stormtroopers. Guess I'll have to buy a dozen Slave 1s.

I would even argue that the 2013 one is more desirable because it comes with Stass Allie.

That was the only reason to buy that set, and even then i found it too expensive to get just for 1 minifig. The set also has no interesting parts to recycle.

Really disappointed there isn't a new Inquisitor in the Kanan set, just a new pilot variant. They've just fully revealed Seventh Sisters face as well, so it seems like a missed opportunity. Still praying Ahsoka will feature in the A Wing

The rebels battlepack is unmissable for me, with the new Duros head I'll be able to update Cad Bane into a more friendly variant. The rodian looks good as well, and does one of the rebels have a new peice around his neck?

The Carbon Freezing chamber looks much more displayable than I'd hoped, looks like I better prepare myself for another Han Solo.

Thanks for whoever posted this, I can't wait to see the rest!

Oh my gawd.... I figured out why some of the figures have stands and others don't. These photos are ether in the process of being photoshopped or are just old photos that haven't been updated yet. Those stands we see are how the photographer's of LEGO sets stand the minifigures in poses on the final images we see, then they get sent off to LEGO's Graphic department which photoshop them out.

This is a first, there's never been "in the editing process" photos ever leaked before. I'm pretty sure LEGO will get mad at whoever got their hands on these photos!

Time for LEGO to get mad at... LEGO?

These were found on the S@H website. It's pretty official. The pages have to be accessed via URL, so nobody can just stumble upon these just by clicking something.

So does this mean there will be no first order battlepack?

people who saw preliminary pics say it's coming. I'm guess it's lack in new pictures has something to do with secrecy surrounding Ep7.

Really disappointed there isn't a new Inquisitor in the Kanan set, just a new pilot variant. They've just fully revealed Seventh Sisters face as well, so it seems like a missed opportunity. Still praying Ahsoka will feature in the A Wing

These arent even all leaked 2016 sets (in terms of name anyway), we're still missing the Rebels microfighters, im really hoping we also get a few new bigger Rebels sets, id love more inquisitors, id throw my wallet at lego if they do an Arquitens cruiser the size of the assualt carrier star destroyer, but im not holding my breath on that one

So does this mean there will be no first order battlepack?

The TFA stuff is probably kept under closer guard, im sure there will be TFA sets in jan 2016

Thanks whung, you've made my day!

At last we finally have another Cloudy City based set, and hopefully a sign that we could get some others! I'll be buying that on day one, and in multiples as soon as it's discounted! It's a bit difficult to tell from the images, but the Han in Hoth Attack looks very similar to the version in the (awful) promotional polybag that we had from a couple of years ago! It looks like quite a nice little set though. I'm really surprised that they've also re-issued the Homing Spider Droid, albeit with a few figures changed. The last version is still available in the UK despite being on a continual 20% discount at TRU.. so I don't see it selling very well :look:

Wow that's a great pickup. I regret not picking up the stormies when all their elements were on Bricks&Pieces.

Where did you see the parts? I cannot find them...?

I wish Stormtroopers didn't have scars on helmets, also inclusion of officer seems weired to me.

Besides the helmet damage, looks like the jump trooper stormies also have a variant torso print. Zooming in I can see black spot on the torso where my regular stormies do not, but the legs look unchanged. While I agree an officer in a Battlefront battleback is strange I welcome it as there was only one in the last star destoyer with a DBG hat. While I'll probably on get one rebel pack, I'm sure I'll get at least a couple or more empire.

I do like the carbon freezing chamber and while I agree it's small I can always expand depending on the price to round it out with 2 or 3 (I'm sure this is Lego intention to have us buy more). Wouldn't mind having multiple Boba's, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have arm printing to differentiate it from UCS Slave 1 Boba as like the UCS tie pilot.

OK as I said before the Carbon Freeze Chamber should have been a set in the size of the Cantina or Final Duel. Like this it's just terrible.

The Hoth set is very much like 7749 from 1999 with 2 minifigs less and no Tauntaun. What they didn't forget was to up the price, though. Pass.

The BF battle packs look very solid. I didn't expect to see any OT Stormies so I'm not too disappointed. Officer is a great addition but unfortunately 2 jetpack Stormies - one would have been sufficient I guess with room for a sniper / scout. The Rebels look nice. A Rhodian, probably a girl and also what looks like to be Thrawn species head?

Whoohoo, thanks for the pics, whung! :sweet::thumbup:

So far, they all look really good. Too bad about the lack of Cmdr. Cody with Obi-Wan's starfighter though :tongue:

Hopefully we'll see some bigger and HQ pics soon, so I can take a closer look at the minifigs :wub:

Regards,

Mitch

Loving that freezing chamber, I hope that Hoth set can attach itself to the UCS base.

Edited by Tariq j

Battle packs look decent, will get the carbon chamber (even though I'm getting depressed thinking about how awesome it could have been). Hopefully the Ugnauth mould will be reused at some point.

The TFA set looks like it will have some nice (reasonably generic) figs, and the imperial logo on the crates in the speeder set looks good.

Anyone else notice the turret in the Hoth set looks familiar? It is almost identical to the one in the Battle of Hoth mini-movie, just a few extra curved slopes on the sides near the top.

The TFA Ship looks pretty cool. I like it. It reminds me on the H-60 Tempest Bomber from the "old canon". As it seems, it was a concepts for Return of the Jedi.

And the other Sets are great too. The battlepacks have a nice variety of troops. Kanans Speeder looks nice and has a good amount of weapons. And the carbon freezingchamber is a "must-buy".

Best regards

$leeper

The TFA Ship looks pretty cool. I like it. It reminds me on the H-60 Tempest Bomber from the "old canon". As it seems, it was a concepts for Return of the Jedi.

And the other Sets are great too. The battlepacks have a nice variety of troops. Kanans Speeder looks nice and has a good amount of weapons. And the carbon freezingchamber is a "must-buy".

Best regards

$leeper

I noticed a lot of spare guns in Kanans speeder too. It's great that set has 4 normal blasters , so they can be used to replace awful stud shooters in battle packs: Edited by benderisgreat

Love the Imperial pack, need multiples of that. Was hoping for a Sullustan in the Rebels pack, got a faint hope the second from left is one as he has Ten Numbs helmet but it does look just like a generic face.