Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Leia has complete wrong colors unless she wears alternate suit. Resistance soldiers finally with the helmets in the same flip up and down style as the Hasbro Black series! The bwing looking ship makes me excited for designs we haven't seen yet. What Hasbro says makes sense now that we will be seeing much more designs from acts 2 and 3 of the movie closer to and after release. TFA Luke here we come for next year.

Is it possible that the pirate transport was mistranslated as resistance transport? Or that this set is really the heroes battlepack?

Oh I Love the new AT-DP Pilot (ITT Pilot actually) I have Zero clue what the TFA ship is... (I thought it was a B-wing)

My Favorites are the Kanan Speeder Bike (Im a Rebels fan) and the Galatic Empire Battlepack.

The new sets look good, except for the interceptor and spider droid, as they are eerily similar to their previous counterparts. :cry_sad:

Random observations: Shock trooper! :wub: Ackbar! :wub: Sci-fi crates! :wub: Carbon freezing chamber! :wub: I'd love to see someone get four of them to make a complete ring... :devil:

Sorry if I missed it, but is there any mention of the prices for these sets? :look:

Oh man, I called it. Ackbar came with a coffee mug!

The new B-Wing looking ship is quite strange, are there any pictures of the actual ship to compare it too?

The homing spider droid is literally the exact same one from 2013. :iamded_lol:

They expect that to sell?

Battlepacks look great as always. I own all of 'em. You could say I'm addicted. :blush:

These are very likely unfinished pictures. Notice how some of the larger bases have the old TIE Fighter roof printing? I doubt that'll be reused for the sake of these sets. Also notice how Leia's outfit is horribly miscolored. The roof color of the turret from Hoth Attack is not white, and there's a large amount of tan, which will not be in the final set.

Edited by ChristopherLee

Also notice how Leia's outfit is horribly miscolored.

Well that is the initial reaction, but you might want to educate yourself on the matter and you'll see it might not be so.

These are very likely unfinished pictures. Notice how some of the larger bases have the old TIE Fighter roof printing? I doubt that'll be reused for the sake of these sets. Also notice how Leia's outfit is horribly miscolored. The roof color of the turret from Hoth Attack is not white, and there's a large amount of tan, which will not be in the final set.

They're completely final, the bases just weren't photoshopped out.

Sorry, but this doesn't look bright purple and sand green to me. ou-en-est-donc-leia.jpg

And if those are the final pictures, then what is the explanation for all that ungodly tan in the Hoth Attack set?

Edited by ChristopherLee

These are very likely unfinished pictures.

I'll take that to mean that Boba Fett may in fact have printed arms.

Faith tentatively restored.

And the colors on Leia are certainly brighter than in that dimly lit shot from the movie. Perhaps it looks brighter in bright light? Either way, it's mostly the purple that bothers me. But LEGO's purple generally bothers me, their Dark Purple brick color is just regular Purple in my opinion.

And if those are the final pictures, then what is the explanation for all that ungodly tan in the Hoth Attack set?

I'd say Tauntaun droppings, but this Hoth set doesn't even have a Tauntaun. That's disappointing.

Edited by x105Black

The twelfth doctor in the doctor who set has bright purple just like Leia in the b-wing set. They both have a dark purple(almost maroon) in their real counterpart. It's a shame they can't make a new maroon purple color for regular pieces.

Two jumptroopers with identical battle scars and no regular stormtrooper in the Battlefront BP?... A bit disappointing.

I think the stormtroopers have battle damage, and that is probably duro not chiss

Edit: Did anyone notice the blue 1x1 studs on the jetpacks jumppacks?

1-You're 100% right and 2-I agree 150,000%

Those are probably battle-damaged Imperial Jump Troopers, given the fact that there are so far '2 hands' for players in the beta of Battlefront '16. One of them has the perks Jump Pack, Personal Shield and Thermal Detonator. You'll face these Jump Troopers in theTatooine survival mission after the Shock Troopers...

Looks like the Jedi interceptor and one or two empire BPs will be it for me from this selection, as i was expecting. I need an Eta-2 in the collection, and there is always room for expansion of the Imperial army :)

Nice pictures! Here's my opinion on the sets: 2 battle packs are a must buy. Imperial is great looking one, though I wish Stormtroopers didn't have scars on helmets, also inclusion of officer seems weired to me. Also Stud Shooters! Why Lego, Why? What will it take you to stop using them in SW sets? Rebels battle pack is much more interesting than I thought it would be, like that we have aliens minifigs: ordain is nice and duros is great! Next Obi WANs star fighter: just a minor design change from Anakins Starfighter from 2014 in different color. Nothing about this set interest me. Carbon Freezing Chamber looks incomplete and gives hope it's part of a modular set. Minifigs selection is great: Han in Carbonite, Bobba Fett and Ugnaugh. Never had Bobba Fett minifigs so this set is a must buy for me. Hoth Attack looks lame and uninspired, easy skip for me. Set 71140 now that is intriguing! It's TFA sets right? So we have Ackbar and old Leia as main draw for this set. Can't say I like this set. Still waiting for set with old Luke, that one will be an instant buy for me. But as far as 71140 goes it's a skip for me. Kanan's Speeder Bike is a nice small set and a cheap way to get Kanan. I'm dissapointed that we get just generic stormie and At-Dp pilot. Wish set included one of the new Inquisitors. But overall great sets for most part! Can't wait till I can buy them.

The sets looks great, espiecally 75133 and 75140. But if Leia has already appear, then where's Luke ,R2-D2 and C-3P0 from TFA in minifig form? *huh*

Edited by ArmstrongYong

and At-Dp pilot

It's ITT pilot (driver?), not AT-DP. And I'm very happy to see him, as my ITT needs two :)

Imperial is great looking one, though I wish Stormtroopers didn't have scars on helmets, also inclusion of officer seems weired to me.

I could do without the scars, and im not to fond of the commando guy, but i love the officer, its nice to have a cheap option for those guys, and he doesnt have a rank insignia, so could be easily used as a crewman in ships/bases, that guy is probably the most interesting thing about the set to me (for stormies i might as well pick up a bunch of the current Rebels BPs)

Still waiting for set with old Luke, that one will be an instant buy for me.

I'm waiting for that, too. Wondering how the beard will be done.

Also waiting to see images of the Droid Escape Pod.

I'm waiting for that, too. Wondering how the beard will be done. I don't even need to see pics of droid escape set. I never had C3p-0 so it's an instant purchase for me.

Also waiting to see images of the Droid Escape Pod.

Just calculated how much I'm going to spend on new SW sets when they come out: 130$ and I'm not planning on getting sets that cost more than 25$! Didn't expect battle packs to be that good, and I haven't even seen ep7 ones! Great job with this new wave Lego!

Edited by benderisgreat

The Hoth set only makes sense if it is supplemental to the larger UCS Echo base. Otherwise it is utterly meh...