Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

It's canon with one 'n'. Also, they aren't the same A-Wings from RotJ any-more than the X-Wings from ANH are the X-Wings from TFA.

Rebels series are canon?

Good Lord...

Why would they bother making the show if it wasn't? Apparently it's good and also it doesn't seem like you watch it either so I don't see how that effects you at all.

It's canon with one 'n'. Also, they aren't the same A-Wings from RotJ any-more than the X-Wings from ANH are the X-Wings from TFA.

Indeed they are! There are quite a few differences in terms of looks, mostly the engines and back of the cockpit, which brings me to a new theory, the A-wing on the list isnt UCS or TFA, but Rebels, it would make sense for the A-wing to show up in season 2 some more.

Indeed they are! There are quite a few differences in terms of looks, mostly the engines and back of the cockpit, which brings me to a new theory, the A-wing on the list isnt UCS or TFA, but Rebels, it would make sense for the A-wing to show up in season 2 some more.

That was already suggested before and I hope that's true, even though I just bought the 2013 one...

Sorry for my canon misspelling - my iPad autocorrected it. I'll take more care in future. I was also aware of the differences in the fighters, I was just pointing out there were A-wings in Rebels. No offence intended.

Edited by Richpepperell

Rebels series are canon?

Good Lord...

What I'm about to say is kinda off-topic.

Any way,I never understood the hatred this show receives.It gets better with each episode and with season 2 coming up next month it's about to get even better.

Just give it a chance.

Edited by LOTR34

Rebels series are canon?

Good Lord...

For me it is only 1-6 parts, nothing else.

Of course 4 - 6 are far better than 1- 6.

I'd recommend expanding your personal view of the canon, there has been a lot of excellent material released this year. The STAR WARS and DARTH VADER comics in particular have been really quite superb. Use this as your reference point, this is what is canon in Star Wars: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The build of the Carbon chamber is important as it influences how many I'm going to pick up, hope to see it soon. I doubt we'll be seeing an Ugo battlepack anytime soon so I'm inclined to get at least three or four...if the parts are weak I'll just BL them though.

Whilst this is all very interesting, please can I remind everyone that this thread is for 2016 Pictures and Rumours :classic:

No rumor? so let's start it: there is UCS Snowspeeder listed for next year, most likely for january (or may, but ist more likely we will get DS then). Price is 199,99€ and prelim picture shows either old UCS Snowspeeder or new will be very similar.

And moving on, thanks Cwetgo, that's great news! I'm really surprised that we'll get an new UCS Sowspeeder, but as much as I like the original version it's well overdue for a facelift. Considering how impressive the recent UCS sets have been, Slave 1 & X-Wing in particular, it's going to be on my shopping list.

Picture could be just placeholder (I hope, because old Snowspeeder did not age well).

The X-Wing really looks pretty bad in Black (And I'm no fan of the T-70 changes..), I wonder if there'll be another (hopefully white and T-65) X-Wing release in 2016..

Edited by appiah4

The X-Wing really looks pretty bad in Black (And I'm no fan of the T-70 changes..), I wonder if there'll be another (hopefully white and T-65) X-Wing release in 2016..

I don't think so. Next year sets will be heavily based on remakes of PT sets in winter wave and Roque One sets in Summer wave. There's also some OT sets but not as much as PT sets. Plus, thers's only 3 years gap between the year 9493 released, 2012 and this year, 2015. I don't think we will see a new X-Wing in the next year.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I don't think so. Next year sets will be heavily based on remakes of PT sets in winter wave and Roque One sets in Summer wave. There's also some OT sets but not as much as PT sets. Plus, thers's only 3 years gap between the year 9493 released, 2012 and this year, 2015. I don't think we will see a new X-Wing in the next year.

Well, one can hope for a T-65 X-Wing among the Rogue One sets. 9493 is completely OOP as far as I can see, the most iconic model of the line gone for a few years makes little sense to me (unless that's what it would take to make people actually buy Poo's X-Wing..)

We could probably see it as I think it will be in Rouge One. However we would have the same problem as with snowspeeders, there would be three in stock at the same time (TFA, microfighter and the new one).

My opinion is the black and orange color scheme is really nice and looks good on that set.

I like it too. However, it's clearly just Poe's specific X-wing, and I want to buy at least 3 normal blue/white Resistance X-wings. I just fear we won't see a release of a recolor until Episode VIII at the earliest, since they wouldn't want to have 2 similar X-wings on the shelves at once.

I like it too. However, it's clearly just Poe's specific X-wing, and I want to buy at least 3 normal blue/white Resistance X-wings. I just fear we won't see a release of a recolor until Episode VIII at the earliest, since they wouldn't want to have 2 similar X-wings on the shelves at once.

Id suggest buying the black/orange, improving the design to your own taste, and then bricklinking the parts for the blue/white versions

Well, one can hope for a T-65 X-Wing among the Rogue One sets. 9493 is completely OOP as far as I can see, the most iconic model of the line gone for a few years makes little sense to me (unless that's what it would take to make people actually buy Poo's X-Wing..)

Rogue One will have a lot of X-Wings in the movie, they'd be stupid not to release a new classic T-65. If it's from that movie or from the OT doesn't matter. One could say that this was the reason to make the Stealth / black X-Wing and not a grey / blue one - because they would be different enough. And fans have about 10 months time to buy a black X-Wing before a grey one (T-65) comes out. So my guess it that there is a classic one coming out next year, it all makes sense.

And just on my account, but if they ask for 100€ for a 700 pieces X-Wing with grey nose, new canopy, ground vehicles and a couple of new techniques and twists we saw now on the black one - I wouldn't hesitate a second. And I'm usually the one complaining about prices but not here.

Edit: Oh and I forgot - they will throw in new pilots (built in visor helmets) cause the current rebel pilot minifig is already 3 years old... And that is to convince even the last fan to make the purchase.

Edited by Zzz

Once you see it in the movie I am sure you will want all your x wings in black, there is a reason for it to be as what it is and it's very likely to have an advantage over regular fighters.

I heard on 4chan that one had red printing to represent a shock trooper, however that may not be true and I view you as a much more trustworthy source CM4Sci, so we'll see...

I'd say a shocktrooper is likely... Hasbro's making a Black Series 6" Stormie with shocktrooper colors, right outta the game (minus the backpack, I think). The Rodian in the Rebels set also is right from the game, you can see a Rodian Rebel during one of the Hoth gameplay videos (I think someone mentioned you can choose your species on the Rebels side; they've shown human, Rodian, Sullustan, and Ishi Tib at the very least)

Haha, i kinda knew that as well (saw it in Rebels, and indeed, that is canon), guess they'll have to ret-con the fact that A-wings werent in ANH or Empire then :P

No retcon needed, as "Princess Leia #1" from Marvel already established that the entirety of the Rebellion wasn't located at Yavin at the time of the attack--Rebel fleets were called in to assist in evacuation. Simple enough to deduce that A-wings & B-wings, along with all the non-human Rebels, were out in the various fleets and/or on other missions when the Death Star showed up (Ackbar arrives after the battle to help direct the evacuation procedures). Same could be said for ESB, where we didn't even really see Y-wings at Echo Base. We saw a tiny glimpse of the fleet at the very end, so the other fighters were likely elsewhere (with the Mon Cala ships, for instance).

I like that we're getting Rebels-based Microfighters... itching to see pics of all the sets (even if TFA's upcoming sets are held back)! Finally, Jawas in a smallish set... I was hoping for a Microfighter Sandcrawler for that, but this'll do nicely.