Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

It would be less confusing if we had a "post-it" topic with only facts and pics without any comment, beside the 2015 and 2016 topics.

Edited by Gouniaf

Not really, just look at the empty first post of this thread. I think staff only updates first post with confirmed news not rumors, I agree with Gouniaf if he means an updated post of all the rumors without the fuss and unintentional spoilers.

Looks like there will be no bantha, at least for now :(

I assume this is the Bantha being discussed:

bantha-lego-mini-movie-star-wars-600x329.jpg

If so, it would be a real shame not to have it. It's a fantastic design. I'm a huge fan of these creatures, especially those from Star Wars, and this one would be a great addition to my little menagerie.

Agree.. Agree... Agree....

Those posting and making this thread 300+ pages clearly aren't AFOLs.

I think my last several posts have been all about hoping for a true AFOL thread for rumors.

Post if 1) it is a picture 2) it is a rumor

Don't post: 3) no one cares what you are buying, I repeat no one cares... 4) no one cares if you think it is bad/good - That isn't a rumor 5) stop creating your dream minifigure line up for the set

We have how many known sets (12?) and we already have 31 pages? Jeez...

What is new to this?? In every single sentence the article mentioned Eurobricks as a source...

I always have to laugh when our rumor thread is a source of news articles. I mean sure we have users with good info but I find it funny people would post info from rumors as fact

If the Bantha was in any of these sets then I think that it would be in the droid escape but they would probably oversize and overprice this set if they did. The rancor and the Dewback were both in sets that were above 60 pounds. If the Bantha was here they would either make the pod far too big or they will add some side builds like part of a cave for the Jawas. They would then use the bantha as an excuse to make this smaller set more expensive. If they didn't do this it would be in a TFA set or in a retail exclusive. To be honest, I don't care what it comes in as long as we get a Bantha at last. It could be in Hoth Attack for all I care.

Edited by The-Nexu

This is super speculatory, but for what it's worth, the latest Droid tales episode uses the UCS Millenium Falcon, with a few modifications, which is interesting considering that there has been an OT Falcon since then.

I really hoped that the Obi Wan starfighter would've came with a phase 2 commander cody, as well. Any news for the second wave of the fprce awakens?

This is super speculatory, but for what it's worth, the latest Droid tales episode uses the UCS Millenium Falcon, with a few modifications, which is interesting considering that there has been an OT Falcon since then.

They might've used it simply because it has a roomier cockpit than the recent OT one (or new TFA one)... and they also left the radar dish on it, despite the cartoon being set just after the Battle of Endor! :tongue:

Agree.. Agree... Agree....

Those posting and making this thread 300+ pages clearly aren't AFOLs.

I think my last several posts have been all about hoping for a true AFOL thread for rumors.

Post if 1) it is a picture 2) it is a rumor

Don't post: 3) no one cares what you are buying, I repeat no one cares... 4) no one cares if you think it is bad/good - That isn't a rumor 5) stop creating your dream minifigure line up for the set

We have how many known sets (12?) and we already have 31 pages? Jeez...

May I suggest to use a web search engine instead of a forum, then? The very purpose of a forum is to discuss and share thoughts - here about rumours. This very thread, and its discussion of prices, wishes, and thoughts by Eurobrick's AFOL(SW), is evidence against your generalised, and ultimately selfish, statement.

I'm confident you will be able to find any information quickly and in one spot by using google. Better yet, create your own website, in which you provide all those rumours in one handy spot. Instead of just receiving (and demanding), you could serve others and be a valuable member of the AFOL online community.

May I suggest to use a web search engine instead of a forum, then? The very purpose of a forum is to discuss and share thoughts - here about rumours. This very thread, and its discussion of prices, wishes, and thoughts by Eurobrick's AFOL(SW), is evidence against your generalised, and ultimately selfish, statement.

I'm confident you will be able to find any information quickly and in one spot by using google. Better yet, create your own website, in which you provide all those rumours in one handy spot. Instead of just receiving (and demanding), you could serve others and be a valuable member of the AFOL online community.

Please read page 1, first post by the moderator.

I'll quote it for you since your search engine failed to direct you to it...

"This thread collects everything we know about 2016 LEGO Star Wars sets; discuss them sets here! Please read before posting:

Stay on target topic.

Remember that this topic is for discussing sets that are rumored to come in 2016. If it's something you wish to see or something you think that we'll see sometime in the future, but not something that's actually rumored to be a 2016 set, then it's pure speculation and it belongs in the Future Star Wars Sets topic. (We also have a topic for minifigs you want to see, which might be more appropriate.)

Do not post fabricated information, which could lead to your account being banned. It's not worth the fifteen minutes of Internet fame."

Before I start, as I understand English is not the first language for many users on this thread, so this is not an attack on you

Your "discussions on wishes, what you will buy" is not meant for this thread/topic. There are other threads/topics on the first page of Eurobricks Star Wars forum for those. If you can't find it, I'll be glad to refer you to such topics. However, for this thread/topic. It is about rumors.

I'll just leave it at this... However, if you would like to continue to masterdebate on this conversation, feel free to private message me so we can keep this topic/thread clean for others.

Your "discussions on wishes, what you will buy" is not meant for this thread/topic. There are other threads/topics on the first page of Eurobricks Star Wars forum for those. If you can't find it, I'll be glad to refer you to such topics. However, for this thread/topic. It is about rumors.

I don't think your first sentence is part of the moderator's first post and simply your interpretation of what 'discussing rumoured sets' includes. I, too, won't further derail this topic but have no interest to discuss this further in personal messages. It is something affecting everybody posting on this board (or moderating) after all. The two of us just have to respectfully agree to disagree on this.

From my point-of-view, it makes much more sense to include those wishes/ purchase intentions here, as these reflect the community's interest in the rumoured sets. Otherwise, you'd likely find similar complains in the thread you refer to. E.g. "What set do you want to buy? It's not even confirmed - your post belongs to the 2016 rumoured sets topic." And if we don't discuss wishes about rumoured sets, such as included minifigs or parts, what else is there to discuss, I wonder?

A little clue to what we may see in the imperial Battlefront battle pack? https://www.ordersix...ck-Trooper.html

First time seeing a design like that. Although, it does make sense keeping the red markings from the phase II shock troopers.

Not really a fan of it, reminds me too much to episode II and III clones.

I really hope we'll get at least one of these, the more variation the better :sweet: I know many people prefer a regular OT Stormies-only Battlepack, but c'mon, that'd be excruciatingly boring :tongue:

We'll have the 2014 Snowspeeder, (likely) a Snowspeeder in the Echo Base set, a TFA Snowspeeder, and a (presumably) Rebels Snowspeeder all sitting next to each other on shelves.

Well....If you like snow...and speeders...then this is going to be a good wave for you. It's a shame that LEGO keeps doing this, because I'm getting really, really sick of Hoth......

Aren't we ALL sick of Hoth and most things snow? I completely agree with you.. Well, almost completely. Although I am sick of snow, especially Hoth, I cannot wait to build up an army of the new First Order snowtroopers.. Well a small battalion at least. One thing I don't like about the First Order snowspeeder is I personally think for a price of $39.99 USD ($49.99 CND!!!!) there should of been at least 4-5 snowtroopers. But, meh. I like the ship and the minifigures so I'll get at least one or two.

First time seeing a design like that. Although, it does make sense keeping the red markings from the phase II shock troopers.

Not really a fan of it, reminds me too much to episode II and III clones.

It is seen in Coop ingame trailer video for the Battlefront.

Aren't we ALL sick of Hoth and most things snow?

Yes. We certainly are. That is, those of us who have been collecting Hoth related sets for 10 years or more.

If the preview video from a few months ago is any indication, the only elements that are must haves for me at least would be the ion cannon and the shield generator (with exploding action). They don't look terribly complicated and should be fairly easy to Bricklink for parts.

Unless there is some simply must have exclusive figure, I am cautiously optimistic this Hoth Base "UCS" might be a pass.

Yes. We certainly are. That is, those of us who have been collecting Hoth related sets for 10 years or more.

If the preview video from a few months ago is any indication, the only elements that are must haves for me at least would be the ion cannon and the shield generator (with exploding action). They don't look terribly complicated and should be fairly easy to Bricklink for parts.

Unless there is some simply must have exclusive figure, I am cautiously optimistic this Hoth Base "UCS" might be a pass.

You know how the Ewok village set looks very similar to the Kenner toy? What if the Hoth base was also inspired from the Kenner toy...

hoth_echo_rebel_base_by_galeriemoreau.jpg

I really don't understand what TLGs obsession with Hoth is. Yeah, the seen is memorable but no more than any other part of star wars. While Bespin has gone neglected for 13 years and things like the exicution seen from AOTC and the Larz moisture farm haven't even been touched on. What child is going to see a snowy turret with some generic troops next to a jedi starfighter with memmerable characters and want the technologically advanced pile of snow. At this point, even children will have all the Hoth they want with the battle of Hoth, the snowspeeder and the ATAT.

I really wish Lego would move away from frosty the snowturret to bring us new stuff that would make sence to do that they just haven't.

Lego, I've got a Tauntaun, now give me a Bantha! I really want that Bantha!

I don't see much of a difference between getting Hoth sets every few years when we get TIEs, Jedi Interceptors, X-Wings, Falcon's, ect. every few years as well. From an AFOL perspective I understand why it's tiring to many of us, but Snowspeeders are iconic and can be sold at low price points. It's quite the amass-able vehicle. Regarding the Rebels Snowspeeder and new Jedi Interceptor, these don't surprise me at. Even when we just had these vehicles back in 2014, and are even in stores today. I think the lack of changes in these remakes is only because why change a good design? There's no reason to get rid of good designs. Then again, the lack of changes can lead to people either finding the new sets unappealing and uninspiring, while new audiences get the best possible build. In the end, the disdain for remakes is only a side effect of being a fan of Lego, like all of us here.

The 2016 rumor list only makes me more excited for the summer wave, personally. I'm hoping for a full-on Cloud City, and possibly more Rebels items would be nice. I have to agree on your sentiment regarding the Bantha-I really do hope this was a hint!

Edited by Jacob_9821