Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I think the Snowspeeders sell more then you guys think.

It is for the younger crowd, who instinctively go for more easy to built sets that is playable and at a price point for a ship that parents can agree on.

A lot of the wants in these threads, with relation to mini-figures makes them less playble for kids.

A kid can have the current snow speeder fly around as the snow trooper tries to blast it.

Having mechanics, and other auxiliary figures may be playble to us adults and many kids. But it isn't the typical GI Joe action figure style of fun that many kids want.

Jim

Even more new sets! Very strange choices as well. Interesting to see the Spider Droid as I see no reason for it to be released. Snowspeeder is incredibly unusual, and the A-Wing will be Rebels and is a definite buy as I messed up the stickers on the last :laugh: A lot of new sets and will be interesting to see when they get released. Anyone have any ideas what Kanan's speeder bike will be, is it from Season 2? as i haven't got round to watching that yet.

Rebels Season 2 episode 1 aired as an advanced preview, but the rest won't be out for a little while. That said, there's a picture of Kanan's bike in show form in the past page or two.

Probably I'm the only one excited for Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor,I wonder what color it'll have.Did TLG ever released the red one from RotS??Fingers crossed for an updated version for Obi.

Yeah, that is set 10215 I think you are referring to.

Being a little off topic here but the premiere for Rebels Season 2 is available online for those who haven't seen it already,PM me to send you the link.

Yeah, that is set 10215 I think you are referring to.

I'm referring to this version.

Obi-Eta2.JPG

Edited by LOTR34

I'm referring to this version.

*snip*

We've had one previous version of the set, released back in 2005 as a special edition set only available in a combo pack of other sets from the time. This remake will be the way to go if you want one.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Sort of new info!

Final set names, nothing too new. The 2016 Constraction sets and TFA sets aren't on here.

75122 is named 'Cannot be re used' :look:

75127 The Ghost

75128 TIE Advanced Prototype

75129 Wookie Gunship

75130 AT-DP

75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor

75136 Droid Escape Pod

75137 Carbon Freezing Chamber

75138 Hoth Attack

75139 Confidential TVC 1

75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike

75142 Homing Spider Droid

75143 Confidential A Wing Starfighter

75144 Snowspeeder

Are Anakins Podracer and Hall of Mirrors sets?

Rebels Season 2 episode 1 aired as an advanced preview, but the rest won't be out for a little while. That said, there's a picture of Kanan's bike in show form in the past page or two.

Thanks, wondering why I hadn't seen it anywhere. Could make an interesting set.

Edited by ArrowBricks

75100 is already a (First order) snowspeeder, maybe this one is also from ep7 ? ...

Perhaps the Resistance has more in their arsenal than just X-Wings.

We'll have 3 sets called 'snowspeeder' on the shelves at the same time? I'm certain that's exactly what they teach at Marketing 101

As for the other sets? Has to be legit - they all sound so dull and exactly the stuff lego would do. I'm sure the sets will be fine, just so damn unoriginal.

If you count the micro fighter then actually 4 snow speeders on store shelves that's some awesome marketing there TLG!

EP VIII - Snowspeeders Strike back

EP IX - Return of the Snowespeeder

And don't forget the special editions where they'll CG more snow speeders in for more snow speeding fun...

In all honesty,I am really interested in seeing the new "snow speeder". I would bet it is Episode VII related as the new stills from the korean trailer show that the rebels will need them no doubt.

You can never have enough Snowspeeders... As it's one of my favorite vehicles I already got three from LEGO and I wouldn't mind a fourth... (my wife would, though!)

I 'll keep my fingers crossed for an updated UCS Set...

I always find it odd that we call them snowspeeders instead of airspeeders...

They are all terrain, aren't they? :grin:

They are definitely airspeeders that were adapted for Hoth 'we're having trouble adapting them to the cold'.

I guess some names just stick!

I heard a rumor, that the next UCS in February 2016 is going to be a 500€ set. (I'm hoping for an AT-AT)

Very few options for a set that size, but here are some of my thoughts on it:

1. It is from the OT or PT. They would not green light such a huge set before TFA is released and they can see how much screen time it gets, fan reactions, etc.

2. If it is a play set, the price leaves very few options. The Death Star, Echo Base, and the Ewok Village already exist/will exist. That really just leaves Cloud City and the Yavin IV Base as options.

3. It is not a Death Star. Too soon after 10188 has been on the shelves, especially if they are producing more 10188.

4. Given the price/size, if it is a vehicle, it is an exceptionally well-known one, and so there are only two options: Star Destroyer or Millennium Falcon.

I am hoping for (and would put my money on) a Star Destroyer or Millennium Falcon. Both 10030 and 10179 sold well, were very popular, and have a lot of fans asking for newer versions. TLG has released newer versions of previous UCS sets (see X-wing). It has been five years since 10179 was discontinued and seven years since 10030 was discontinued, so they've waited a respectable amount of time. Moreover, there is a clear way for them to distinguish both new models from what existed previously: interiors. They have been trending in this direction with UCS sets lately. I have seen a number of 10179 mods with custom interiors, and they could easily put a bridge mockup in the body of a star destroyer (a la 10221, maybe with a few other rooms too).

So... small chance it's a big Yavin IV/Cloud City playset, but most likely, in my opinion, it's going to be a redesigned UCS Millenium Falcon or Imperial Star Destroyer, with interior.

Nah, that $500 UCS is going to be a snowspeeder. :tongue:

Honestly though, I doubt the legitimacy of the rumor.....but if it is true, why can't it be Cloud City? Oh yeah, because LEGO obviously hates that place.

Edited by Clone 01354 Productions

Very few options for a set that size, but here are some of my thoughts on it:

*snip*

It could be a huge jedi temple but I think that's just wishful thinking

Nah, that $500 UCS is going to be a snowspeeder. :tongue:

Honestly though, I doubt the legitimacy of the rumor.....but if it is true, why can't it be Cloud City? Oh yeah, because LEGO obviously hates that place.

Humongous Besptin *fingers crossed*

Please can we keep this thread focused on 2016 rumours, thanks :classic: If you'd like to talk about future sets that you'd like to see, please use the dedicated thread (link). Cheers, Robin

No, it will be a $500 lego sculpture to build your own life sized head sculpt shrine to George Lucas. May he and his creation receive the benefits of my hard earned labor for eons. Shaka Lacka Starwars :laugh:

Does anyone know how the waves are going to be distributed in 2016? We're having a winter wave, but will the summer wave get decreased like this year's because of Rogue One's impending release and merchandise expasion?

Edited by joebiwankenobi

Logic would assume it is a remake of the Falcon as it does appear to be prominent in the new film. Either that or its something we havent seen yet (assuming JJ is going to pull a massive reveal hopefully) My money would be on either Falcon, new Star Destroyer or the new AT-AT but damn that would have to be big!

Would a new UCS Millennium Falcon not be in competition with the soon to be released TFA Millennium Falcon though? I can't see Lego letting this happen really

Would a new UCS Millennium Falcon not be in competition with the soon to be released TFA Millennium Falcon though? I can't see Lego letting this happen really

That's like saying sports cars are competing with minivans for sales. They're in two different leagues really.

Edited by khatmorg

That's like saying sports cars are competing with minivans for sales. They're in two different leagues really.

The latest System X-Wing was better than the latest UCS, and they coexisted in the shelves.