Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Such exciting news if this is true!

Not too surprised about the fact that there is TFA sets. I wonder if Takodana is the planet where the First Order is based out of? Pirate Transport will likely have Maz Kanata.

The Battlefront BPs really excite me! This is a really smart way for LEGO to give us updated OT military figs (particularly Rebels), while still making it feel new.

The Carbon Freezing chamber has me curious. Hopefully we will get a new Bespin Luke (please, for the love of bricks we need one), along with Lando, Boba, and Leia in her prisoner uniform. Throw in an ugnaught, Vader and a Stormtrooper and you've got yourself a home run.

Hoth Attack sounds great because I wouldn't be surprised if the Battlefront BPs are gonna be based on Hoth. With the new UCS Echo Base coming out in the fall, I think we're gonna have a chance to build a seriously awesome Hoth collection.

The Droid Escape Pod sounds neat, but unless we get a new type of alien or something of that ilk, it may be a little boring.

Very surprised to see the Jedi Interceptor. I guess LEGO is still making an effort to hold onto the PT just a little bit. Unfortunately, I can't see myself buying this one simply because the likelihood of this set having any fig other than Obi-Wan and R4 is pretty slim, based on what we got in the Anakin's set last year. Perhaps it could be the blue ship he flies to Utapau and we could get Tion Medon, but I doubt it.

Overall, this sounds like a fantastic wave and it will really compliment the recent OT sets and the upcoming TFA sets quite nicely.

Edited by Fives

It looks like a list of sets coming in early 2016 was leaked today by the folks over at MintInBox.net. Here's a writeup from MakingStarWars.net:

http://makingstarwar...-name-revealed/

Thanks wyrm12, if the 'Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber' is true I'll be a very happy AFOL next year! A set similar to the current Final Duel (75093) would be perfect. I haven't been too excited by the majority of sets that have been released in the last couple of days, but that would be a first day purchase for me :wub:

Thanks wyrm12, if the 'Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber' is true I'll be a very happy AFOL next year! A set similar to the current Final Duel (75093) would be perfect. I haven't been too excited by the majority of sets that have been released in the last couple of days, but that would be a first day purchase for me :wub:

I totally agree with you. Something like Final Duel or Palpatine's Arrest would be fantastic. Leia, Chewie, Lando, Vader, Boba & Carbonite Han? That would be :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ugh, please no, not another droid escape set... They are literally more boring than the token builds that come with the battle packs... which are getting quite good recently.

Another Jedi Interceptor... well... each to their own, I know a lot of people are keen on these, they're just not my thing.

The battle packs really interest me though, and the Bespin carbon freezing chamber!!!

Constraction figs will be an easy pass...

Carbon freezing chamber with an updated frozen Han would be great. I know the current one is supposed to "hide" the Han minifigure inside, but I'd rather have one that is more a block, so it adds depth.

More Hoth stuff? Hmm... I guess if I'm bored I can add it to my existing Hoth material from '09-'11 but otherwise not too excited. Jedi Interceptor? If it has a cool or updated alien Jedi, I would get it.

Microfighters

Disapointed most of the Microfighters are based on Rebels, although cheap Wookies are never a bad thing. I'd prefer the TIE Advanced Prototype came with the Inquisitor over a TIE Pilot.

Battle on Takodana

I haven't been following spoilers so its hard to know what this set could be about. Hopefully an older Luke and Leia will be among the minifigures.

The Pirate Transport

I'm expecting we'll see Maz Kanata here. Hopefully we'll also get a few of the bizarre characters from her court - the standouts for me being the red pirate, the female droid, the blue faced midget and the creepy jester woman sitting on Fat Bossk.

5543ca96db753b82389cbd9a_vanity-fair-star-wars-02_1_.jpg

Force Awakens Battlepacks

Knew these would be coming. Hopefully the villain pack will be the new Stormtroopers.

Battlefront Battlepacks

Might pick up one, but beyond that depends on whats included. Would be nice to get some classic OT-era Stormtroopers.

Hoth Attack

I wonder if this could be the Wampa Cave and Snowspeeder in the Battle of Hoth video, much like the original 8089 release? I actually wouldn't mind that if it means the Echo Base set focuses on the actual base itself. Hopefully the set will help fill out any missing characters from Echo Base.

Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber

FINALLY something related to Cloud City! Hopefully Lego will be taking the Jabba's Palace approach and leave room in the set's design for possible expansions for the rest of Cloud City. Hopefully we'll get the latest versions of Boba Fett and Vader, a new Lando with Finn's hairpiece, Bespin Luke, an Ugnaught and finally... Bespin Escape Leia!

Droid Escape Pod

Not all that exciting, but hopefully it will contain a definitive C-3PO with leg printing as well as more Sandtroopers.

Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor

I don't mind getting another fighter. I'm guessing Obi-Wan's face will be modified to include the pilot headgear, but I hope its still consistant with the previous minifigure in the General Grievous Chase set. I'm also hoping this will be the blue fighter seen on Utapau - so we can finally get an updated R4-G9 along with Commander Cody and Tion Meddon.

Overall looks like its shaping up to be a nice wave. Shame there's still no Bounty Hunter Pursuit remake though.

Edited by wesker

I'm just really hoping that the Carbon Freezing Chamber is going to be like the Rancor Pit, which means we'll get an even bigger section of Cloud City in the summer.

I'm not expecting anything too large in regards to the Carbon Freezing Chamber. Since it's part of the winter wave, it's going to be a bit of a smaller set, so I'm not expecting anything close to Death Star Final Duel's size. I still think it could be a really good set in the $30-$50 range. Oh, and I think we'll get an Ugnaught or two. :grin:

The Droid Escape Pod is really strange though... it's only been four years since the last one, and even then it's really not a desirable set to remake. Hopefully it'll give us either some Jawas or Tusken Raiders. Or maybe it could even finally give us that missing Aunt Beru figure.

The sets sound pretty great! I'm looking forward to seeing them. I hope the Ghost microfighter comes with Hera

Droid Escape Pod: typically the only way to get Threepio in an under-$100 set.

The list seems light... Not sure if it's because of the extra wave in September, or because the list is only partial...

...and definitely like the idea of a multi-part Bespin. Hopefully they do go that route.

Droid Escape Pod: typically the only way to get Threepio in an under-$100 set.

The list seems light... Not sure if it's because of the extra wave in September, or because the list is only partial...

...and definitely like the idea of a multi-part Bespin. Hopefully they do go that route.

There may be a couple more sets that are exclusive to stores like Toys R Us. Usually the initial rumour list leaves out the retailer exclusives.

I imagine the Bespin set will be similar scale to the Final Battle. Surely include Luke and Vader for their battle, Lando & Han, an Ugnaught perhaps?

Droid escape pod, meaning the one they released just a little bit ago? That one was perfect. No need to rehash it. But on the other hand, I'm THRILLED to see the carbon freeze chamber being made, as well as Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor, although I suspect it'll just be a red version of Anakin's 2014 ship.

EDIT: I just also noticed a set called "Hoth Attack." Another Battle of Hoth thing, really?

Edited by ChristopherLee

Bespin carbon freezing chamber! Probably in the style of Palpatine's arrest and Final Duel, can't wait!

Obi's Interceptor is cool too, don't have that color scheme yet.

I imagine the Bespin set will be similar scale to the Final Battle. Surely include Luke and Vader for their battle, Lando & Han, an Ugnaught perhaps?

Hopefully Bespin Escape Leia too. We haven't gotten that costume represented in Lego before and including her here leaves the door open for an updated Bespin Gown Leia in another Cloud City-themed set.

Hopefully Bespin Escape Leia too. We haven't gotten that costume represented in Lego before and including her here leaves the door open for an updated Bespin Gown Leia in another Cloud City-themed set.

Final Duel only had 5 figures though. I imagine CarboniteHan, Lando and Vader are a must, and likely Luke if they expand the scene to include his fight with Vader. Probably not Boba but an Ugnaught would be fantastic. Outsider would be Chewie and a mangled 3PO!

Edited by markw

I sure hope so! She'd need a new hair mold though, but I think it could look pretty cool.

It would be a good companion to the Cantina, but can't see how they would improve the last one apart from a figure update? Can't see how they can improve R2 or the Sandtrooper, although it would be nice to get the Sandcrawler 3PO in a cheaper set. Can't see there being Jawas or another Dewback.