eYoshi

[MOD] 75050 - Star Wars - B-Wing

Hello Folks,

i was so disappointed by the official Lego B-Wing. I really like this underestimated spaceship.In my opinion LEGO did a gerat job to capture all the details of the asymetric design in the UCS model.

But 75050 isn't the UCS version :hmpf_bad: . The main differences lies in the shape of the wings. They are so thin and looks cheap in comparison to USC. This was the reason to modifiy my B-Wing and I would like to share these changes :sweet:

Here we go...

LDD-File (lxf)

Original vs. modified

800x450.jpg

Modified version:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

rendered using Bluerender(0005) and SunFlow MOD

and the real guy...

800x380.jpg

B-Wing_75050_Modified_V17_LarsInteractive.lxf

Edited by eYoshi

Hi eYoshi, and welcome to EB.

EB isn't a hosting website, so you should host your files elsewhere.

I'm a fan of the B-Wing, and was disappointed by LEGO's version of it, all version, including the UCS. You did a great job, but I still see areas that could be improved :wink:

I agree with your opinion on the wings. Your updated version gives the ship a much stronger look. I like your update to the guns as well. Yery nice mods!

Awesome build! The B-wing is a beast, and Lego still hasn't made a stellar version of it (the 2006 version comes closest, IMO). You managed to nicely fit the more important details in a small package, so props to you. My only gripe with this is the guns on the nose(?). They come out too far. It looks as if they should be tucked under the cockpit. Other than that, terrific! :wub:

Edited by Junior Shark

My only gripe with this is the guns on the nose(?). They come out too far.

you're right! I find it hard to create a good looking, legal :wink: and working solution

maybe this version (v2)...?

800x450.jpg

or alternative(v3)

800x534.jpg

Edited by eYoshi

Some nice alterations you have made to make it more movie actual.. Will probably lend a few of them to my B-Wing..Thanks for sharing!

Hello guys, i really like this modification to have it done to my 75050 B-Wing. Although I'm very new to all this Lego mods stuff. I've downloaded the file and opened it with LDD.

1) How I can see which are the new parts that I need to buy?

2) Where I can see the places to fit these new parts?

Thanks,

Bill

I've just ordered 75050 and may attempt to mod it when it's built. ( depending on parts- my spares are very limited after modding the Falcon, Tie, A Wing, Slave 1, 2x AT ST's, 75038 and Shuttle Tyderium) ! Looking forward to building this as the b wing has always been a favourite it ship

Hello,

same question as on the other thread. Does anybody have these .lxf files available. None of the links are working anymore.

Thanks.

Kai