Sign in to follow this  
legoman666

New basement layout

My good bridge is at a show. As are all of the trains, so you might find the train tracks lacking in the train department. 2 complete loops with decent switching space.

23765684691_16274dc0a5_b.jpg

As planned

23221372743_caa9189651_b.jpg

IRL

23480260479_caf05f1c72_b.jpg

Crappy photo

23480265929_8a87f04002_b.jpg

23739805172_28ce2187de_b.jpg

23220044304_7dbf6c7c0f_b.jpg

23221389473_8bd36c6b20_b.jpg

23221392133_0479602ddc_b.jpg

My good bridge is at a show. As are all of the trains.

24448367925_4b703bf414_b.jpg

View from the security camera.

Got my trains and bridge back. Latest lugbulk order was for pieces for brick built roads, so it'll be another year before those are ready.

Nice. Security camera in the LEGO room is a good idea. :wink:

Thanks. I bought 3 and knew exactly where to put the first 2, couldn't decide on the third. Then I realized that the value of the Lego in my basement far exceeds not only the equity I have in my house, but basically everything in it as well. Plus most robberies are committed by people the victim knows, and anyone who knows me knows that I have a large collection.

Nice. Security camera in the LEGO room is a good idea. :wink:

Security camera against wife and kids... :D

Nice train city... :)

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Nice layout!

The outer curves are ME curves of what radius?

Thanks for sharing, and a good idea with the security camera(s)

What a wonderful layout.

And is that bridge supported in the middle by a Tower Bridge tower?

It's the towers from either end of the bridge staked together. Eventually I will replace it with something less conspicuous.

Nice layout!

The outer curves are ME curves of what radius?

Thanks for sharing, and a good idea with the security camera(s)

R104 on the outside. In the far left you can see every radius parallel, r104, r88, r72, r56 and r40.

Edited by legoman666

R104 on the outside. In the far left you can see every radius parallel, r104, r88, r72, r56 and r40.

Thanks for sharing, it looks fantastic, still waiting for my ME metal rails.....

I really love the idea with the reddish brown tiles on the train tracks.... Gives it a rustic flare. Must have been expensive though! :cry_sad:

The 1x4s were on the pick a brick wall. I think I used 3 cups so it was only ~$50. The 1x2s I had to order from PAB online. I bought 3000 $0.10/ea.

But the cost of those was nothing compared to the cost of the ballasting that's still ongoing.

Oh, very nice layout. Ghostbusters are on guard. :classic:

Do you have any closeups of the locos? They look very good.

And thanks for sharing.

Great layout! Sooo big!! People that visit you and see the layout must be shocked. What is that yellow train is the last picture. It seems incredibly long.

Oh, very nice layout. Ghostbusters are on guard. :classic:

Do you have any closeups of the locos? They look very good.

And thanks for sharing.

Thanks! The locos are all here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/77871011@N08/albums

Great layout! Sooo big!! People that visit you and see the layout must be shocked. What is that yellow train is the last picture. It seems incredibly long.

Mostly they're astounded by the mess. :blush: The yellow train is a Union Pacific GE EMD, a UP Big Boy, 2 baggage cars, and 4 coaches. All told about 14' long. The Big Boy and coaches I found instructions for online, the EMD is my own design.

First person view from the Amtrak locomotive.

Birds eye view from security camera.

Nice layout and a great bunch of custom trains! That HE at the station is looking rather puny next to the rest of your 8 wide stuff. You said that you got the Bigboy instructions off line. Do you still have the link? Been wanted to do a mallet.

Nice layout and a great bunch of custom trains! That HE at the station is looking rather puny next to the rest of your 8 wide stuff. You said that you got the Bigboy instructions off line. Do you still have the link? Been wanted to do a mallet.

LEGO Union Pacific Big Boy instructions

Honestly it took a lot of work to get it to run well. The transmission is not very well designed.

Perfect! All I needed was a general idea of the basics from which to deviate. Thanks.

Edited by ecmo47