Chilly_Productions

Nexo Knights: Merlok 2.0 App Rumours and Discussion

That's really weird then. How do I get it to update?

I think it should update if you launch it while connected to the internet. Otherwise I don't know.

The new update, by the way, is fantastic. The Rocklands feature all sorts of interesting new enemies that really make me change up the way I've been playing thanks to more unusual attack patterns. The new bosses (Moltor and Lavaria) are both a joy to battle due to their interesting attack techniques. I haven't even played as Axl yet, but I'm already loving all this new content.

Not only is the new area great, but so many little changes have been made to improve the overall experience. The characters now have multiple voice clips that are used more often, making their catchphrases far less repetitive and obnoxious. Enemies drop memory bits more frequently, making grinding for upgrades much less of a challenge (and the new way of obtaining upgrades makes them that much more intuitive). The game as a whole feels smoother, with fewer slowdowns even when using graphically intensive powers like Alliance of the Fortrex. Warps have been added to the overworld map to allow for easier travel between areas. The sheep in Knightonia even baa now! It's really amazing how much the game has been improved in this one update, and I'm looking forward to more.

So i just got the update, it's a bit buggy; some shieldpowers are black squares and the touchscreen doesn't react as good as before. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, because otherwise it's a substantial update, very cool to be playing in rocklands and axl.

I noticed a few bugs as well in the update. Our level 5 Alliance of Fortrex disappears on the pre-battle selection screen, but the level 5 armoured toons cut through mobs without breaking a sweat now when just grinding random red spots where it was requiring powers before to speed things up.

Finally got the update yesterday. Do we already have good pictures of Macy in full level 4 armor (the darkest kind, I presume, since Ultimate is apparently next)? If not, I'll take a few pictures of her before I start upgrading her to Ultimate Macy.

How do you access the weekly boss?

I havent figured this out yet. I guess it'll be at some (random?) place in the map, spawning a boss fight?

Also, there seems to be some kind of cooldown function added to the nexo powers? I get a 3 minute cooldown on some (like the alliance of the fortrex), but it works in a weird way, i first have to go to the powers screen, to make the counting down begin. Anyone else has this bug/feature?

I havent figured this out yet. I guess it'll be at some (random?) place in the map, spawning a boss fight?

Also, there seems to be some kind of cooldown function added to the nexo powers? I get a 3 minute cooldown on some (like the alliance of the fortrex), but it works in a weird way, i first have to go to the powers screen, to make the counting down begin. Anyone else has this bug/feature?

The cool down is weird, just happens randomly.

I haven't seen the weekly boss battle yet. Somewhere mentioned leaderboards too, but I can't remember where I read it. It's been 2 weeks since the big update and since nobody seems to have found a weekly boss battle yet, I'm guessing that it's a feature that is still "coming soon" and it wasn't really included in the big update.

I Think so too. The leaderboard feature was mentioned when using your lego ID i think; something like "your lego ID is needed to play the weekly boss battle and use leaderboards".

I have the rocklands but cant use Axl any ideas?

You unlock him after the first boss battle in the Rocklands. No need to worry!

I seem to have just received another update, but the only things I can find that seem different are the layout of the videos and a single news item. Does anyone know what's changed?

Hum, so i am another one struggling with Axl :(

I am on level 62, four kingdom opened, all three vehicles collected (macy, clay, lance), over million $ on account, aaron and clay upgraded to level 4th armour & weapon, the rest on 3 - but i still cant find out how to open Axl & Rockland... :(((

Version seems to be the most recent one (1.1.5)...

Help guys :(

Cheers

Stefan

Hum, so i am another one struggling with Axl :(

I am on level 62, four kingdom opened, all three vehicles collected (macy, clay, lance), over million $ on account, aaron and clay upgraded to level 4th armour & weapon, the rest on 3 - but i still cant find out how to open Axl & Rockland... :(((

Version seems to be the most recent one (1.1.5)...

Help guys :(

Cheers

Stefan

When I downloaded the latest update, I had to beat the last Wasteland boss (Whiparella) again for the Rocklands to unlock (despite having beaten her once prior to updating). Axl is unlocked around halfway through the Rocklands, after defeating Moltor/Mouldron the first time (IIRC). Hope this helps!

When I downloaded the latest update, I had to beat the last Wasteland boss (Whiparella) again for the Rocklands to unlock (despite having beaten her once prior to updating). Axl is unlocked around halfway through the Rocklands, after defeating Moltor/Mouldron the first time (IIRC). Hope this helps!

Ha! Duke, you are the boss! :D thanks mate, great. You gave me the direction, i had to knocked out "Moldron" quickly - and Axl unlocked!

Thanks again

Cheers

...and greetings from Poland ;)

I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me shed some light on this as it's driving me absolutely insane...

So I got the latest update for the Merlok 2.0 app today (from Amazon, since they're usually always late with updates I'm hoping somebody has already had time to download the update and mess with it), the one that has Robin's Workshop open and functional. I followed the visual prompts to craft the gems (managed to craft all but 3 due to lack of gold studs), then once I'd crafted all the gems possible using my inventory, I went to my Nexo Powers screen. Normally the star ratings by each group of powers would have read at least 130 (on each) for me, now they all read zero and my best high damage powers have somewhat been nerfed massively (like my Pinball Magician was reduced from dealing 12,000 damage per hit to 1,300 damage per hit). The app prompts me to tap a picture of the power which once I do so tells me it's levelled up, but the star ratings on the right hand side of the screen don't increase and while the star rating by the power increases, I lose it as soon as I leave the powers screen. I am just completely stuck as to how to level up my powers to get them at least back to the level they once were. Do I have to rescan all 150+ powers I have back to level 5 again? If I'm not the only one struggling with the new power upgrading feature, I'm thinking I might have uncovered a massive bug with the update...

I did try extensive Google searches and checked in on many NK community boards (including the pretty active one on Google+) but I can't find anything on the new update at all. LEGO's own help page for the app is painfully out of date - it still has the help topic "when will you update the game to include Axl?". If somebody can help me solve why my power upgrades aren't sticking I'd be most grateful. I just want my 12,000 damage Pinball Magician and lethal Alliance of the Fortrex powers restored! :laugh:

I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me shed some light on this as it's driving me absolutely insane...

So I got the latest update for the Merlok 2.0 app today (from Amazon, since they're usually always late with updates I'm hoping somebody has already had time to download the update and mess with it), the one that has Robin's Workshop open and functional. I followed the visual prompts to craft the gems (managed to craft all but 3 due to lack of gold studs), then once I'd crafted all the gems possible using my inventory, I went to my Nexo Powers screen. Normally the star ratings by each group of powers would have read at least 130 (on each) for me, now they all read zero and my best high damage powers have somewhat been nerfed massively (like my Pinball Magician was reduced from dealing 12,000 damage per hit to 1,300 damage per hit). The app prompts me to tap a picture of the power which once I do so tells me it's levelled up, but the star ratings on the right hand side of the screen don't increase and while the star rating by the power increases, I lose it as soon as I leave the powers screen. I am just completely stuck as to how to level up my powers to get them at least back to the level they once were. Do I have to rescan all 150+ powers I have back to level 5 again? If I'm not the only one struggling with the new power upgrading feature, I'm thinking I might have uncovered a massive bug with the update...

I did try extensive Google searches and checked in on many NK community boards (including the pretty active one on Google+) but I can't find anything on the new update at all. LEGO's own help page for the app is painfully out of date - it still has the help topic "when will you update the game to include Axl?". If somebody can help me solve why my power upgrades aren't sticking I'd be most grateful. I just want my 12,000 damage Pinball Magician and lethal Alliance of the Fortrex powers restored! :laugh:

Does anybody know anything about this? I have emailed LEGO CS about it but I'm likely not going to get an answer until Monday, so if anybody knows what's up or if anyone else is having this problem, please do show yourself :classic:

I feel like I'm the only person here that's still interested in this app :tongue:

Nope, I'm still playing it. Haven't gotten the latest update yet, though, and I'm going to avoid it until problems like yours are resolved. I'm not going to scan 70+ shields again.

Nope, I'm still playing it. Haven't gotten the latest update yet, though, and I'm going to avoid it until problems like yours are resolved. I'm not going to scan 70+ shields again.

I haven't actually lost any of my base shield scans (I still have 150+ available powers), just the levels I'd upgraded them to. So if you want to keep them at the levels you have them at (and hence keep their effectiveness), then my best recommendation is definitely to avoid the latest update. All that's new is Robin's Workshop (Lava Lands is still locked) and that itself seems to be broken (every time I restart, the prompts always direct me back to Robin's Workshop to craft gems, even though I've already crafted all the gems I had the resources to create), so you're not missing out on very much anyway. Aside from a new look loading screen that is :tongue:

I might try rescanning some Level 5 QR codes and see if I can restore the powers to the level I had them at, but if the whole leveled-up powers infrastructure was changed to work with Robin's Workshop instead, I doubt it'll work. Even if it does work, it'll take several days to restore them.

Hopefully LEGO will acknowledge it's a bug and issue a patch update to fix it; or if there isn't a bug, LEGO can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Either way, I probably won't get an answer from them for a few days, Friday afternoon is always the worst time to email CS :look:

Does anybody know anything about this? I have emailed LEGO CS about it but I'm likely not going to get an answer until Monday, so if anybody knows what's up or if anyone else is having this problem, please do show yourself :classic:

I feel like I'm the only person here that's still interested in this app :tongue:

I just downloaded the new update, and the number of re-scans is represented by a yellow border around the power, instead of the number. I noticed this because my powers all have varying amounts of re-scans, and the powers were at the same level as before. Hope this helps!

I just downloaded the new update, and the number of re-scans is represented by a yellow border around the power, instead of the number. I noticed this because my powers all have varying amounts of re-scans, and the powers were at the same level as before. Hope this helps!

I wouldn't have noticed this as all of my powers were at the same level (they had all been re-scanned the same number of times) before the update, so they all the same thick yellow border around them. But I've definitely noticed a significant decrease in the effectiveness of my Nexo Powers regardless. Nonetheless, the real problem I'm having alludes to the Robin's Workshop part that is supposed to level up your Nexo Powers, but the level-ups don't actually register when you do them. Here's a montage of screenshots with my annotations (which I provided LEGO customer service with) that should explain my issue better :classic:

The star-rating to the right of your screen should increase with every maxed out shieldpower. That's your bug.

I don't think there's a problem with your workshop. Crystals are only used to further increase your star-rating, per battle (and losing a charge on your crystal).

They've changed the way the nexo powers level up significantly, which i don't really mind, but combined with your bug, it's aweful. Did you get a response from lego yet?

Edited by NotMegalodon