Chilly_Productions

Nexo Knights: Merlok 2.0 App Rumours and Discussion

A LEGO Nexo Knights app has recently been released on the app store and play store, I saw this opportunity to make a thread about the game.

Feel free to talk about anything related to the app.

Here's my question, are the Nexo Powers that you get for free in the game included in any official LEGO products?

Been waiting for Merlok to download videos into his memory for 45 minutes now... :(. And the progress bar hasn't moved :(

Hopefully it will finish up soon and I can start scanning!

Edit: after I joined a reliable wifi connection, they downloaded

The game is extremely fun, if not a bit repetitive, but it uses all the original voice actors, which is great and hopefully a trend.

Edited by legozebra

Been waiting for Merlok to download videos into his memory for 45 minutes now... :(. And the progress bar hasn't moved :(

Hopefully it will finish up soon and I can start scanning!

Edit: after I joined a reliable wifi connection, they downloaded

The game is extremely fun, if not a bit repetitive, but it uses all the original voice actors, which is great and hopefully a trend.

I'm glad the Nexo Powers aren't just stronger versions of the basic screen tap.

I wonder if anything will happen if the app scans the piece that is in the batmobile set as it is the same type of piece as the shields.

Nope. The type of piece doesn't matter, what matters is the pattern. Specifically, the geometric bit around the edges. The piece from the Batmobile doesn't have that type of border, it's just got the bat-symbol in the center.

Rumors?

The app crashes a lot for me, but maybe that's because I still use the first iPad mini. It's a fun game.

I've beaten all of the story mode and I have to say, it's much more entertaining than, say, the Bionicle MoC game, which has a very similar premise and gameplay. The Knights aren't just carbon copies and the upgrades actually matter. The original voice actors are used in the game. Don't even get me started on the amazing Nexo Powers. Each one is so unique and brings its own really fun presence to the game. I'm very pleased on how these turned out.

(Also, having a long ranged character - Aaron - is the best thing to happen to me as a gamer. He is easily the best knight in terms of gameplay as he can just stand in the corner and blast the enemies from across the board as they slowly walk towards him...)

I just thought of something, if the shields are unscannable in the official set images (the borders are edited out in the official LEGO images, making them unable to work in-game), could shields in reviews (example: in Just2good's review for the lava smasher) be used to cheat through the game?

I just thought of something, if the shields are unscannable in the official set images (the borders are edited out in the official LEGO images, making them unable to work in-game), could shields in reviews (example: in Just2good's review for the lava smasher) be used to cheat through the game?

Yes (I've done that)

Rumors?

I just thought I'd add it in, you'll never know if someone somehow makes a rumour about a mobile game that is entirely based off a toy that is more likely to leak than the game...

to be honest it just fits in with the other threads.

Does anyone know, wether you can play Axl or not? He Looks a lot of fun with bis big torso piece.

His character icon has a "coming soon" watermark, so maybe later?

Finished the game within a week. Pretty easy if you've got a lot of shields like I do.

Guess we'll have to wait until summer for new levels.

That feature isn't out yet. I think you can after the website version releases.

Thanks. The reason I asked was because I updated my tablet (Nexus 7), and then I opened the Merlok 2.0 app... :hmpf_bad:

I lost my save data... :wall:

So I went on the Nexo Knights game section, and found out about linking my LEGO ID to keep save data.

Thanks. The reason I asked was because I updated my tablet (Nexus 7), and then I opened the Merlok 2.0 app... :hmpf_bad:

I lost my save data... :wall:

So I went on the Nexo Knights game section, and found out about linking my LEGO ID to keep save data.

Hi!

Could you please explain how you did that exactly?

Thanks

I'm hoping they keep the app for 2017. It's simple, but incredibly addictive. Within the first four days, I ended up with a level 44 team and Macy (who I've been using constantly because of her ability to stun enemies and outrun exploding globlins easily) outfitted almost entirely with level 4 gear (getting her mace upgraded is taking a while).

Edited by DraikNova

I'm hoping they keep the app for 2017. It's simple, but incredibly addictive. Within the first four days, I ended up with a level 44 team and Macy (who I've been using constantly because of her ability to stun enemies and outrun exploding globlins easily) outfitted almost entirely with level 4 gear (getting her mace upgraded is taking a while).

I imagine they'll either keep the app or introduce a new one with the same core idea but a whole new set of levels. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing they'd discard after one year, not with how thoroughly they've integrated it into all the merchandise and media.

Nope, Just checked, Axl isn't released yet and the rocklands still say "coming soon".

I got the update last night. Only played one level because I found it pretty late. They award a lot more of those bits and the sword/helmet/armor things are now 'badges' you can get in the chests during battles.