Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[Freebuild] Spreading rumor in Petrea (Kaliphlin Civil War Aftermath)

"The present state of Kaliphlin is in flux. It takes money, men, and will to wage a war; all of which have been spent over the last year." [skaForHire]

Kolhamin of Petrea, as he now called himself, had lost a lot during the war. Not money. Actually, he was still rich. But power and influence. Which is what his life is about. He didn't like living in Petrea, nor did his wife or his brother, who spent most of his time on the roof terrace under the shade of the lemon tree nowadays. Pretending to be a cloth merchant was far from ideal. But Kolhamin knew that sacrifices had to be made, for the greater good of his people, and himself.

Kolhamin turned on the balcony and went back inside his Petrea mansion. Maybe really not all was in vain, yet, at least. The ambassador of the Black Legion of Ulandus had just held an amazing speech. Of course, the listeners in the streets didn't even know that the man who had just talked to them was one of Ulandus most brilliant warlords. None of the listeners even realised that he talked against the Desert King and the High Councial. But he had. It would take time to prepare the people, to slowly undermine their thoughts and plant the seed of uproar against the Councilmen or the ancient King in the Desert. But it would be worth...

Back inside Kolhamin waited for some minutes, until his wife in her beautiful white-and-red dress joined him. A quick smile, an elusive kiss, and they both desceded the cold staircase into their large basement. He looked around at all the slaves doing their work, as he had ordered. "Three more are ready, my lord. We are making good progress", the overseer told him. Kolhamin nodded. That was good. War needed preparation. And preparation was made. Even within the heart of Kaliphlin, where they least expected it.

23218204404_0a04209d68_c.jpg

Petrea_House_01 by Stefan G, auf Flickr

23478416679_c001566a1e.jpg 23219539763_811239c153.jpg

Petrea_House_02 by Stefan G, auf Flickr -------------------------------- Petrea_House_03 by Stefan G, auf Flickr

23478415089_d1bd08f5ae.jpg 23846336135_98aae500fe.jpg

Petrea_House_04 by Stefan G, auf Flickr ----------------------------------------------- Petrea_House_05 by Stefan G, auf Flickr

Excellent build Elostirion, great to see you back again! The dark red roofs are cool, and the rest of the building and the crowd are very nice too! :thumbup:

Pretty building with the dual balconies, and gold and lavendar accents :thumbup: The flower boxes and market stall look good as well :classic:

Beautiful build, Elostrion! Those balconies are superb and I like the stripes of lavender :thumbup:

Great job on the market stall as well :classic:

Beautiful house and great atmosphere. My favorite parts are the balconies and the small garden on the roof :classic:

Very nice build, great use of dark red! The details on the wall look really good too! :thumbup:

Beautiful house! Tan, dark red, and gold look great together, and I'm inclined to agree that the lavender stripes and other accents look nice. The flowers, balconies, and crowd of people look great - and the enclosed garden on the roof is lovely, even if the tree is a bit optimistic. Very good work.

Nice build! I'm am not too fond of your political agenda, but at least we share a common adversary in the desert king!

One wonders what contraptions they are preparing in that basement!

Really nice build Stefan! You really captured the "kaliphlinian spirit" in this build. I like it :-)