Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

Despite the lack of an active historic theme, this year will have plenty to offer. I'm having difficulties with keeping track! The latest developments:

• City (regular): "Fun in the mountains" set introduces a new eagle, significantly smaller than the LOTR one.
  • City (Arctic II): A mammoth, a big cat in ice (possible a sabertooth tiger) and an unknown small creature in ice. Furthermore, a new grey dog (I think).
  • Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom: New dinosaur species, baby dinosaurs!! 
  • Ninjago: Golden dragon armour, dragon hilts, sword and scythe blades, new cowl. 
  • Ideas: Printed Leviathan flags
  • CMF (Series 18): Red Dragon Suit guy, blue Unicorn Knight, Spider Suit guy, Cat Suit guy and Elephant Suit girl (comes with new mouse!):

lego-red-dragon-suit-guy-minifigure.jpglego-blue-unicorn-knight-minifigure.jpglego-spider-suit-guy-minifigure.jpg lego-cat-suit-guy-minifigure.jpglego-elephant-suit-girl-minifigure.jpg

All of this on top of what we already discussed:

• Star Wars (Han Solo Movie): New dress piece! Corellian hounds (for fantasy builders).
  • Marvel Super Heroes (Infinity War): Four arms neck attachment, infinity stones (decoration for helmets and Friends hairpieces), various power blasts. Minifig Groot (something like Ents from LOTR). 
  • Marvel Super Heroes (Black Panther): African-like mask, hair and torsos.
  • TLBM CMF (Series 2): Hair with elf ears in black, apache chief, recoloured thunderbolts and flame pieces, black mermaid tail.
  • City (Mountain Police): Puma, beehive.
  • City (Mining): New crystals, white spiders.
  • Elves: Elf hairstyles, recoloured flame pieces, crystal shards, a ton of others stuff. 

Now, if we could get this stuff more or less condensed in a single castle (fantasy) theme, that'd be great.. :wink:

I went ahead and reposted your post to keep the Latest CMF thread up to date. Hope you don't mind. :)

Edited by SirBlake

8 hours ago, Exetrius said:

City (Mountain Police): Puma, beehive.

Dont forget the black bear!

Nice list!

An then TLG dropped the Hogwarts Great Hall... and everyone fell in love. :wink: There's a lot of good stuff (large images inside spoiler):

Spoiler

26428060438_7b73b4943a_b.jpg

26428061078_015573ab94_b.jpg

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-48.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-49.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-55.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-10.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-27.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-45.

• Square lattice windows. 40 of them. Is... is this heaven?  :cry_happy:
  • Candles and candle flame piece!
  • Lantern! Looks like it houses an ordinary 1x1 cilinder, great!
  • Half bow brick and half bow corner brick. 
  • Wizard wand. I never really had qualms with using a 3-long bar, but this is a treat. 
  • Sorting hat!
  • Hagrid! Can we have (half) giants like this in a regular castle theme? Pretty please?? 
  • Conical rooftops in dark grey! 
  • 'Pointy' cheese slopes. 
  • Long wizard hair.
  • Tan and dark grey spikes. Sand green skis.
  • Updated mouse.

All things considered: Wow! 

The brick-built basilisk and phoenix are underwhelming, but they are not the focus here. Still, I would love to see at least the phoenix receive an update from the 2002 version.

Hogwarts Great Hall is just wonderful and I can't wait to view it's inventory. I'm now more so excited of the rumored huge Hogwarts Castle set. If it's even better with the Castle parts then the Great Hall, I might have to buy a LEGO set that is beyond my price limit of €200,- and start up saving and adjusting my LEGO purchases for this year.

Edited by Orange Leader
excited instead of afraid

On 2/18/2018 at 4:37 AM, Exetrius said:

An then TLG dropped the Hogwarts Great Hall... and everyone fell in love. :wink: There's a lot of good stuff (large images inside spoiler):

Dang, I totally missed that article of The Brothers Brick's, as it's great to see all those new parts (as unfinished as they may be currently) up close!

Here are a few other parts which they highlighted that may be of broader significance to others:

Spoiler

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-7.j

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-43.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-13.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-TFNY-2018-62.

On 19/02/2018 at 9:17 PM, x105Black said:

Yes, there are some nice parts in that set for sure.

Yes indeed. I just hope that the candle and flame, lantern, wand, rat, Hagrid hair and torso parts appear in other sets, preferably small, non-HP ones. That way, they might be reasonably priced on the secondary market.

The first order riot shield is coming in dark red with the large hulkbuster set, its a nice shield piece and I think that this recolour will make it more usable.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

The first order riot shield is coming in dark red with the large hulkbuster set, its a nice shield piece and I think that this recolour will make it more usable.

Very interesting! I cannot find any picture of this. Could someone post one?

@Wardancer 

I couldn't find a good picture of it alone but it is in the brickset inventory and it is shown as part of an assembly. 38804983730_9a3295f765.jpg6220561

Edited by Agent Kallus

Oh cool! I bet it would look great for orc shields, with some tooth pieces in those hollow studs. :grin:

This is available on lego's replacement parts (71p for UK users), for any forestman fans.

Thanks for the tip, MAB! I just ordered 5 Hunter Hats from the Dutch PaB, along with Nightwing Armor (6206331), Dark Tan Dragon Wings/Mynock Wings (6195496) and the Winter Station Clock (6195246) among some other pieces. I think the aforementioned pieces might be helpful for Castle MOCer's.

5 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

Thanks for the tip, MAB! I just ordered 5 Hunter Hats from the Dutch PaB, along with Nightwing Armor (6206331), Dark Tan Dragon Wings/Mynock Wings (6195496) and the Winter Station Clock (6195246) among some other pieces. I think the aforementioned pieces might be helpful for Castle MOCer's.

Yeah, that Nightwing Armor is going to be fantastic for fleshing out a Bat faction.

T7LCU2D.png

This set is from the upcoming Fantastic Beasts movie. Just look at that Thestral mold! I could easily see that showing up in fantasy-themed Castle sets. :wub:

Edit: Also, is that a new downsized dragon wing mold? This bodes very well for us, I daresay.

Edited by BrickJagger

The stems in black look good too. Although overall I prefer the stage coach from The Lone Ranger.

Yes, the thestral looks amazing.  And the set itself is pretty nice, too.  I prefer the carriage from 2013 Castle, but this is a nice design, and a decent value at $30 from what I understand.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Yes, the thestral looks amazing.  And the set itself is pretty nice, too.  I prefer the carriage from 2013 Castle, but this is a nice design, and a decent value at $30 from what I understand.

According to Brickset the price will be 19.99 so even better.

10 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

According to Brickset the price will be 19.99 so even better.

If so, I will definitely be getting more than one.