Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

The box of the upcoming HP CMF leaked, there seem to be quite a few parts of interests for us medieval/fantasy builders :
- Gryffindor's sword (hard to tell if it's a new mould, a recolor, or a standard sword…)
- Fawkes the phoenix (already seen on the previous leaked images)
- New books!
- New printed minifig parts (including new skirts!!), new hats, new hairpieces.

New Elementary recently reviewed the recolors in the Super Mario sets and there's certainly a few that I could see being attractive to castle builders. Most notably, there's a lot of interesting new recolors in Dark Orange and Tan (including wall panel elements), but there's certainly others that could be used in creative ways like the roller coaster cart in Reddish Brown and a wide assortment of more brightly colored parts.

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

The box of the upcoming HP CMF leaked, there seem to be quite a few parts of interests for us medieval/fantasy builders :
- Gryffindor's sword (hard to tell if it's a new mould, a recolor, or a standard sword…)
- Fawkes the phoenix (already seen on the previous leaked images)
- New books!
- New printed minifig parts (including new skirts!!), new hats, new hairpieces.

The sword is new

With CMF S20, that would be 2 new sword molds in a row

Edited by Robert8

36 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The sword is new

:angel_sing: Great news ! Thank you ! 

Those 2x2x5 quarter circle walls are quite interesting.

Not a new part but really didn't pay attention to that part as I never had a set with it, also isn't a very common part, despite having quite a lot of colors by now.

But Tan still is a new color for it, so at the very least compatible with anything Hogwarts related.

Edited by TeriXeri

The new sword from Harry Potter does look great.  

And the (butter)beers...How could I forget the (butter)beers??

I think that, for the first time, I'll get a whole CMF box. :grin: 

On 7/31/2020 at 11:42 AM, Lyichir said:

New Elementary recently reviewed the recolors in the Super Mario sets and there's certainly a few that I could see being attractive to castle builders. Most notably, there's a lot of interesting new recolors in Dark Orange and Tan (including wall panel elements), but there's certainly others that could be used in creative ways like the roller coaster cart in Reddish Brown and a wide assortment of more brightly colored parts.

I can see Toad's Treasure Hunt being a boon to Forestmen builders.

On 8/1/2020 at 7:13 AM, Wesley D said:

I'm just speculating, but it looks like there is a statue of a forestman in LEGO City set 60271.

Could it mean The Castle in the Forest that's being reviewed on LEGO Ideas is making it into a real set?!

I don't really see a link between the two. The City set would have been designed last year, and the hat is an existing part that was last used in 2018, so still reasonably recent.

Promobricks.de is realeasing better photos of the HP Series 2 minifigs, and I'm definitely won over by all those detailed prints and interesting new molds...:wub:

A few samples from the first 4 minifigs they reviewed :

lego-71028-harry-potter-review_13-770x55

lego-71028-harry-potter-review_16-770x63

lego-71028-harry-potter-review_24-770x47

lego-71028-harry-potter-review_09-770x55

@Micmac has posted a picture of Griphook with the Sword of Gryffindor over in the License thread, it looks pretty cool. It looks a little too fancy for the common solider, but I'll get a few of them none the less.

14 hours ago, Aurore said:

Promobricks.de is realeasing better photos of the HP Series 2 minifigs, and I'm definitely won over by all those detailed prints and interesting new molds...:wub:

Thanks for the ‘heads up’ about promobricks :thumbup: .

Its detailed pictures including the backs of the minifigures are indeed useful. Looks like it will be reviewing the minifigures in batches of four at a time.

Hopefully, this series will be available near me. Series 20 wasn’t when normally CMFs are sold at lots of local stores. One of them, WHS, has told me that it will not be selling CMFs anymore because too many were being stolen. It’s disappointing that honest collectors are being penalised for the malfeasance of others. I may have to buy the latest HP minifigures on the secondary market with all the additional costs that entails :hmpf_bad:

8 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Thanks for the ‘heads up’ about promobricks :thumbup: .

Its detailed pictures including the backs of the minifigures are indeed useful. Looks like it will be reviewing the minifigures in batches of four at a time.

Hopefully, this series will be available near me. Series 20 wasn’t when normally CMFs are sold at lots of local stores. One of them, WHS, has told me that it will not be selling CMFs anymore because too many were being stolen. It’s disappointing that honest collectors are being penalised for the malfeasance of others. I may have to buy the latest HP minifigures on the secondary market with all the additional costs that entails :hmpf_bad:

My local WHS still has CMFs (at least they did in February), but they have always been kept behind the counter.

It's definitely a forestman statue in the 60271 city square set. It looks like he's shackled behind his back which is a little strange to me. Perhaps they wanted to commemorate the fact that they caught him? And I guess this is the first appearance of the forestman hat in grey.

1 hour ago, LettuceBrick said:

It's definitely a forestman statue in the 60271 city square set. It looks like he's shackled behind his back which is a little strange to me. Perhaps they wanted to commemorate the fact that they caught him? And I guess this is the first appearance of the forestman hat in grey.

and with a cutlass at his feet... :sceptic:

dWzepI.png

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/main-square-60271

Didn't LEGO update the Forestman hat some years ago? I seem to remember it needed minor adjusting to conform to current clutch tolerances. If I'm incorrect, let me know.

13 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Didn't LEGO update the Forestman hat some years ago? I seem to remember it needed minor adjusting to conform to current clutch tolerances. If I'm incorrect, let me know.

Yes, they are BL part numbers 775 and 88489.

10624.png

1 hour ago, Niku said:

Is this legit? I saw it on Facebook.
Not sure where does this piece appears other than the Harry Potter Patronus set.

It's not from the HP Patronum set (75945). The stag in that set is a different colour and has no print.

It could be a leaked part using the same mould though. Since the patronus' release, there has been speculation that LEGO would use its mould to produce reindeer in natural colours to draw Santa's sleigh.

It could also be a bootleg; certainly wouldn't be the first time that a part hard been produced illicitly in a different colour using a genuine LEGO piece.   

2 hours ago, AmperZand said:

It's not from the HP Patronum set (75945). The stag in that set is a different colour and has no print.

It could be a leaked part using the same mould though. Since the patronus' release, there has been speculation that LEGO would use its mould to produce reindeer in natural colours to draw Santa's sleigh.

It could also be a bootleg; certainly wouldn't be the first time that a part hard been produced illicitly in a different colour using a genuine LEGO piece.   

It is a recolor of the patronus. There is already a discussion about it beginning on page 33 of Latest news about Lego animal moulds.

I am very happy about the reindeer/stag. Mounts for Elves galore. I have been trying to spraypaint and paint the patronus into a deer, but it is frustrating due to the flexible antlers. Paint breaks off flexible parts. I wish the new stag had a more brownish color, but it is ok.