Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

The only complaint I have about the viking is the blue print on his chest for his cloak.  Had they left that off, it would be easy to substitute his cloak for another color.  As is, it becomes more difficult and may not fit into everyone's color schemes for their armies.

On 2/29/2020 at 6:20 PM, Grover said:

The only complaint I have about the viking is the blue print on his chest for his cloak.  Had they left that off, it would be easy to substitute his cloak for another color.  As is, it becomes more difficult and may not fit into everyone's color schemes for their armies.

Sadly, this is true. It's common with every similar torso print, and it lowers their usefulness. However, I'll wait until I'll hold one torso in my hand. :-)

Is the pirate lady’s only accessory that sword?  It’s a lame accessory if you ask me.  For $5 they should give her a monkey, treasure chest, a new sword mould, or at least a shoulder bag.  I didn’t really think about that before but the price point begs for more than that.

Why exactly does this line of CMFs cost 5$ per pack? Unlike the DC one, it isn't licensed. So what exactly is driving the price up?

16 hours ago, Aine said:

Sadly, this is true. It's common with every similar torso print, and it lowers their usefulness. However, I'll wait until I'll hold one torso in my hand. :-)

973pb2397c01.png

They also did something similar with the rogue, but no actual cape. But he got a bit of red arm too, and back print to make it look like a small shoulder cape. 

Just now, Lego David said:

Why exactly does this line of CMFs cost 5$ per pack? Unlike the DC one, it isn't licensed. So what exactly is driving the price up?

Customers willing to pay $5 for a minifigure.

@MAB Hm, I never thought about that. This could make me rethink a few ideas, but mostly it makes me sad that they discontinued the old plastic capes. I'd love to have them in other colours, namely in green, but laos some kind of chestnut colour, grey, or violet.

43 minutes ago, leafan said:

I must build an army of these figs. It is my destiny.

My feelings... with every castle fig I see...

They are great figs hopefully after Covid19 settles down we will see them.  Great details on both figs can't wait to get them in hand.  I really like the new sword.  The printing on both is fantastic.  The new Harry Potter series looks to be quite promising too.  Great accessories and figs from the ones we've seen so far.  

All four of those are must gets for me. I'll aim for the knight and viking most. We need a gold knight soon though. The pirate girl's hat/hair and legs will be useful for figures, too, at least for pirate stuff.

Why are people so excited about the power ranger?  If I buy a case of figs, I'll gladly trade all the power rangers for a viking or a knight.

I'm not a fan of the viking helmet. It makes the head look so big. I know this is often a problem with LEGO helmets but this one really makes the head look massive. Maybe if they had not used the full-on sides it would have looked more natural, like the brickforge versions.

4 minutes ago, MAB said:

I'm not a fan of the viking helmet. It makes the head look so big. I know this is often a problem with LEGO helmets but this one really makes the head look massive. Maybe if they had not used the full-on sides it would have looked more natural, like the brickforge versions.

You have a very good point. The figure still looks great from this angle but I fear it might have some weird proportions from some angles, like the new Stormtrooper helmets.

Edit: I am still very excited about both the knight and viking!

Edited by Frike

6 hours ago, Grover said:

Why are people so excited about the power ranger?  If I buy a case of figs, I'll gladly trade all the power rangers for a viking or a knight.

I wouldn't say I'm excited personally, but my son really wants it after I showed him the picture.

Some new Ninjago minifigs from the summer wave leaked....I really like the new Nya, her upper body armor makes me think of Skyrim.

3 hours ago, Aurore said:

Some new Ninjago minifigs from the summer wave leaked....I really like the new Nya, her upper body armor makes me think of Skyrim.

I'm admittedly rather fond of that new ninja hood mold myself, though I really don't know if historical/fantasy builders are going to find it at all useful... :shrug_confused:

3 hours ago, Aurore said:

I get the same vibes from her torso piece! I don't know if her armour piece is new or not but I can definitely see that being useful too.

The shoulder armor looks great.  I hope they release it on B&P.  The spiky shoulder armor from TLM sets still isn't out.

The an image of the HP centaur body and torso is on IG. The image shows at least two rows of them.

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm admittedly rather fond of that new ninja hood mold myself, though I really don't know if historical/fantasy builders are going to find it at all useful... :shrug_confused:

I like the new headgear. In blue it looks to much like Nexo knights but the black one is just perfect an Orc.

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I like those hoods/shoulder armor a lot.

Also the green/black/white sorcerer and green/black skeletons would fit right with the 2018 Nexo Knight monsters faction, for me at least, they never got a Castle/Dungeon type set so the Skull Dungeon/Dragon might be nice there.

Wonder if the Dragon is green/black as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

47 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I like those hoods/shoulder armor a lot.

Yeah the shoulder piece is fantasic! I also like the circular shield and shall probably purchase a few.

The skull head piece is a new mold I believe and I'll probably pop a few of those into my Bricklink order upon release.

The Ninjago figs all look great.  The torsos, armor and shields will be really useful.  I think I will be able to use those hoods in some faction.  The shoulder piece and torso's are definitely good fro skyrim, warhammer, dungeons and dragons figs.  The villains look great.  The skeleton will be a welcome addition especially those green eyes.  The sorcerer looks good and the mask could possibly be used for a custom V for Vendetta fig.  I hope the dragon is green, black with some white mixed in.  

The centaurs from Harry Potter are looking really good,  I like that the tail matches the torso.  I can't wait to army build them.