Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

I got one of those Friends Cube yesterday, and they come with animals in dark azure, lavender, magenta and gold. They could be something for fantasy with animal in unnatural color. (you can get all 4 color on Brick & Pieces and skip the real life rng)

Rumors in the Action & Adventure forum speculate about the "Leaf" theme being based on the Chinese story of the Journey to the West - like the CMF Series 19 Monkey King. The leaked blue bigfig and a "Monkey Kid" trademark filed by TLG support this assumption.

While more fantasy than historical, this may bring us interesting architectural elements and/or minifig accessories?

Edited by Aurore
typo

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

Rumors in the Action & Adventure forum speculate about the "Leaf" theme being based on the Chinese story of the Journey to the West - like the CMF Series 19 Monkey King. The leaked blue bigfig and a "Monkey Kid" trademark filed by TLG support this assumption.

While more fantasy than historical, this may bring us interesting architectural elements and/or minifig accessories?

It could do but I'm a little disappointed with what we know so far.

I'm tired of scratching around for maybe useful or cool parts.

On 1/2/2020 at 8:49 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

This new "ice guy" figure sourced from the LEGO Store's Build-A-Minifig tower may be of interest to fantasy builders here... :shrug_oh_well:

HelloBricks - New Pack of Minifigs Never Seen Before in LEGO Store, with a Pink Elephant!

I nabbed one just for that!

On 1/3/2020 at 8:51 AM, Aurore said:

... And I'm a big fan of Ice Guy's torso : the print is very detailed, front and back.
It may be hard to tell on the picture, but there is a pattern on the robe. ...

Exactly, I grabbed some extra ones from the BAM tower as well as picked up the pack.  I figure they can mix with a more mystic/fantasy like the Series 19 Bat-Lord Ghost soldiers (or whatever they are) and the printed front and back of the lower is good for plenty of different characters.

Yes the Monkey kid theme might be interesting.  There is also a rumor of centaurs in a forbidden forest set in the Harry Potter theme.  If that's true I am buying a lot of those sets.  

Has anyone here yet heard of the rumor that Harry Potter may finally be giving us our first-ever Lego Centaur this summer? :wink:

Yes! This is everywhere on Instagram, I hope it' confirmed! And I also hope it will be a new centaur mould instead of the one from the Trolls set, which really looks too cartoonish for my taste. :excited:   

Edited by Aurore
grammar

The centaur body on the IG pic looks suspiciously like the brickforge one.  Maybe it's legit, but I am not going to hold my breath.  The Trolls have a light blue centaur body that is more cartoony and I hope they don't use that for HP.

On IG someone said it will be a new mold for the centaur body that attaches to a minifig torso.  Can't wait for pics of these.  There is also a pic of a pirate ship floating around that could be interesting.  The skull sorcerer from Ninjago sounds interesting to, also more dragons.  

A horse, a horse!  My Kingdom for a Horse ! (Medieval Blacksmith Hype!) :knight:

If the color stays similar would be the first brown-ish minifig horse since 2012 

Did a render to see how they might look in never-produced colors. 

Dark Brown / Dark Tan / Tan / Dark Orange

YYJKS4A.png

Edited by TeriXeri

I wasn't vocal about it but I am rooting for this set. Glad that it was picked.

Also, is that medium nougat or dark orange horse in the original submission. Hoping to get the goat as well!

On 2/12/2020 at 5:33 PM, TeriXeri said:

Dark Brown / Dark Tan / Tan / Dark Orange

I'll take that Dark brown one :thumbup:

Potentially interested in the Blacksmith, too. :classic:

Exciting times for Castle and Pirates I feel.

Sure, I'd like a full theme but in the absence of That, I'll take what we've been promised so far.

Edited by leafan

Can't wait to see pictures of the knight and the viking.  The female pirate sounds good too.  Hopefully the knight has printed armor.  

Is this true? Is this real?
Imagine we were given an accurate viking helmet, a period-true sword and another chainmail torso! I'd be happy like a small boy!

It sounds like it'll be a fairly accurate spangen/nasal helm. No horns at least. 
Ofcourse if the beard is attached to the helm it may lower it's army building usefulness. But I suppose a sharp knife may help there, if you're not as squeamish as I am.

I'm quite excited for this series, only the price per bag is a bummer. I noticed that large quantities of bags from the last 3-4 series are still on shelves locally. I think TLG finally hit a pricepoint where they no longer sell out and a good bit of stock ends up on clearance. That'll be how I get my army builders this go around.

The new Minions theme will introduce two new plant moulds and a recoloured one (all in black) used as hair: 

75546-1.jpg?202002210159

75551-1.jpg?202002210159

The upper right piece would look great as moss, if it were in green. Also, Ninjago fences and bananas in red:

75550-1.jpg?202002210159

And...  yet another year with no castle.  I guess TLG does not want my money.  The last sets were released in 2013.  That is a 7 year hiatus.  An entire generation of kids have come in and out of their optimal LEGO years and have had no real castle sets.  In my opinion Castle is obviously no longer an evergreen theme.  I can't express fully how disappointed I am.  From here forward, I do not expect much to happen except sporadically.  Unless some sort of popular medieval movie series gets made. 

The blacksmith is great and all, but I will wait to see what comes with the set I couldn't already easily get on the market.  New molds, and prints that match the theme are what is important to me.  I can MOC anything else on my own.