Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

On 6/29/2019 at 4:42 PM, AmperZand said:

The new Hungarian Horntail doubles for a generic wyvern with little or no modding:

Yes!  I'm excited for that.  I already plan on picking up one of the new Expecto Patronum (75945) [or maybe two] today.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Rockstaremcee said:

Yes!  I'm excited for that.  I already plan on picking up one of the new Expecto Patronum (75945) [or maybe two] today.

I'm using the patronum as a snow spirit stag companion for my ice elf maiden (seen picture centre here without the stag).

Edited by AmperZand

My non-AFOL wife came home with the patronus set last night. She's slowly coming around to the brickside! :grin_wub:

I looked her patronus over and I think we'll start seeing normal stags soon. Possibly even does since the antlers are a separate piece of soft rubbery plastic anchored in the head and could easily be replaced by a blank filler piece. I'm stoked about the possibilities of the mold!

16 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I'm using the patronum as a snow spirit stag companion for my ice elf maiden (seen picture centre here without the stag).

That's awesome!  Is that your created character or a CMF?

1 hour ago, Masked Mini said:

My non-AFOL wife came home with the patronus set last night. She's slowly coming around to the brickside! :grin_wub:

I looked her patronus over and I think we'll start seeing normal stags soon. Possibly even does since the antlers are a separate piece of soft rubbery plastic anchored in the head and could easily be replaced by a blank filler piece. I'm stoked about the possibilities of the mold!

Mwuhahahaha Excellent.

3 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

I had the idea - as have many other AFOLs - that LEGO might recolour the stag as Santa's reindeers. Unlike the large cats (panther, jaguar etc), the stag mould has space for a 1 x 2 brick and plate. If you remove the plate, you can then put a horse hitching to a sleigh. I wouldn't use it for Santa myself; I would have it as a mount for Thranduil:

170?cb=20180407150834 

1 hour ago, Rockstaremcee said:

That's awesome!  Is that your created character or a CMF?

Thank you! :blush: It's the body, cape and 'shield' of Elsa from the Disney S2 CMFs with the CMF elf maiden's head and a minidoll's hair (with ears I recoloured). The sword's hilt is a lightsabre in white with a BrickForge blade.

Stag mounts for sure!

My second thought last night was mounting my barbarians on stags for some truly wild cavalry.

13 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I had the idea - as have many other AFOLs - that LEGO might recolour the stag as Santa's reindeers. Unlike the large cats (panther, jaguar etc), the stag mould has space for a 1 x 2 brick and plate. If you remove the plate, you can then put a horse hitching to a sleigh. I wouldn't use it for Santa myself; I would have it as a mount for Thranduil:

For Santa, Sven works OK.

reindeerpb01.png

However, he is a bit too cartoonish for Thranduil to ride!

Posted (edited)

I don't think this warrants a new topic, if so please forgive me. I found a few familiar parts in the Build-A-Minifigure tower at the LEGO store in Castleton, IN. There was a shell bra torso as well, but my daughter took off with that one. 

sgUzo8H.jpg

I found 3 Frightening Knights and shields to add to my army. 

Edited by CallMeCarbiz

Posted (edited)

The match simply could not be any better. This REALLY raises my hopes of a Lion Crusader CMF or DTC set (a castle wave may still be a pipe dream).

joRlFhgh.jpg

I also snagged a few Knights, an opportunity not to be missed! Now if only they'd stock the Wolfpack Dark Archers... I'd devote a substantial amount to BAM.

CCmwpqCh.jpg

Edited by Masked Mini

Those are really nice hauls I will have to check out the 2 local stores here soon.  

22 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

This REALLY raises my hopes of a Lion Crusader CMF or DTC set (a castle wave may still be a pipe dream)

While I think we'd all like to see that here, I think they are experimenting with BAM as a way of releasing parts that many of us want but do not fit within the current range of themes. Anyway, wonderful shield design, I picked up four already! :grin:

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I think they are experimenting with BAM as a way of releasing parts that many of us want but do not fit within the current range of themes. 

You know... I'm totally fine with that. Bricks we can get, if that's the way we get to source heraldry, accessories and printed pirate/castle figs then I'm on board. It beats getting nothing by a nautical mile.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:50 PM, Exetrius said:

While I think we'd all like to see that here, I think they are experimenting with BAM as a way of releasing parts that many of us want but do not fit within the current range of themes. Anyway, wonderful shield design, I picked up four already! :grin:

It will be very hard to monitor what sells well like that. I would imagine experiments with small bags of pre-defined parts, like the xtras bags, would be a better experiment as they can easily track sales.

Gah, all the cool useful parts are everywhere else. My store in Glendale, CA doesn't have any :cry_sad: