Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

These are absolutely amazing!! Standout parts for me are the new mace head, the adorable baby dragon, and that gorgeous new breastplate/pauldrons armour piece! I hope to see that become a fixture of future Castle sets - We need it in a variety of colours, with both printed and unprinted versions! I also think that it would work quite well for a remake of Dragon Masters, if LEGO ever revisits them. 

Yes there are so many new molds and some nice recolors on the bird, rat and dog.  There are some nice new capes too.  All the prints are great and nice to see that there is no flesh tones on the torso's making for great customization.  That new daggar and axe are great too.  

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think that @Black Falcon was talking about the actual dragon that the Tiefling is holding, not the design on the Dragonborn's shield. 

Ah yes.  That dragon looks great to me.  The one from Kingdoms was ok but this one is much better in my opinion

How confident are we that the DnD CMF pics are legit? They look so fake to me.

15 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Very, I think they only look different because this sort of render for a CMF has never leaked before. But the picture was shared by the guy who gave us the list in the first place, namely Max Bautde from promobricks. 

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

They're a preliminary render. Brick Clicker and Clay (running Brick Tap) both said that is the reason they look how they look. But they're legit.

Orion’s torso/breastplate from the upcoming space CMF looks promising. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 11:21 AM, GeoBrick said:

So you keep sayin'. I go out on the premise that the set which comes out first had the new mould budgeted in.

Here you get the answer straight from the Lego designer that is not right :wink:

Edited by Roebuck

The summer Dreamzzz sets have leaked and there is a new raven mold.  There also is new armor piece.  The villains look great.  Hope the raven mold gets used and printed in all black for something in the future.  

3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

The summer Dreamzzz sets have leaked and there is a new raven mold.  There also is new armor piece.  The villains look great.  Hope the raven mold gets used and printed in all black for something in the future.  

New armor piece? 

The new dreamzzz sets have a new armor piece on some of the villains.  

20 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah, either all black or dual molded with a color like Titanium Metallic or Dark Stone Grey could be really nice for that mold!

Incidentally, the house/cabin part of https://brickset.com/sets/71478-1/The-Never-Witch-s-Midnight-Raven can also be separated from the big brick-built raven to turn into a Baba Yaga style house on chicken legs, as shown here! That set also uses a nifty new mold for the Never-Witch's cauldron, which I imagine could also be used effectively in historic builds as a kiln or furnace (thanks to the two openings on the sides which in the set are plugged up with small wheel elements).

Another new mold that appears in all three of these recently revealed Dreamzzz sets is a transparent dome similar to the 2 x 2 x 1 2/3 dome/bell jar, but with a jagged crystalline texture at the top instead of a smooth dome. I imagine most of its potential uses in this color will be in fantasy contexts (I can't think of a lot of real-world containers with smooth cylindrical sides but a jagged top surface), but in the future I could imagine it being used in a solid color for broken columns, or in Tr. Bright Orange for a large flame.

On 4/9/2024 at 6:04 PM, zoth33 said:

The new dreamzzz sets have a new armor piece on some of the villains.  

Oh yeah i didn’ notice that. 

More Dreamzzz sets have been unveiled for this August, and one of them is a castle — albeit a whimsical M.C. Escher inspired castle with floors that twist in three different directions! I'm not seeing a whole lot of new or recolored architectural elements in this one, besides 2x2x3 corner slopes in Flame Yellowish Orange for the tower roof, but I figure it's still worth sharing here in case anybody spots any parts or building techniques that they find particularly inspiring.

Also, both that set and Izzie's Dream Animals include a Tr. Light Blue Opal recolor of the crystal sword from the 2022 Ninjago sets, a new red panda mold (not useful for medieval European builds, but maybe of use to people who want to make MOCs based on ancient China) well as a new style of Medium Nougat Dreamling that resembles a mandrake or similar plant creature.

There's also another nightmare creature set with models like a brick-built raven and wolf, but smaller than the huge Midnight Raven set. Of particular note in this one, some of the images show that the new 4x4 cauldron is in fact made of two 2x4 half-cauldron pieces, which may allow for some more unconventional uses than I'd previously considered. I definitely still feel like it'd make a great kiln or wood stove!

On a final note, Zoey's Cat Motorcycle includes a Bright Bluish Green (Teal/Dark Turquoise) recolor of the firing bow from the Avatar sets. Definitely more fit for fantasy builds than historic ones in that color, but still a neat recolor!

Edited by Aanchir