Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

14 hours ago, jodawill said:

I just saw that the CMF 24 series includes a female Black Falcon archer. I wish it was a faction we haven't already seen recently, but it might be cool... IF they abandon the stupid blind boxes. :angry:

Where?

4 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Where?

Promobricks has a pic of the orc, and a bunch of text descriptions

1 minute ago, Follows Closely said:

I was just going to post about this. 😄 This series looks awesome. 

Since the latest wave of CMF figures have seen some parts used in sets too this year, I wonder if the orc hints at what the rumored LOTR will contain.

I just checked the Promobricks site, and they have a pic showing all the new CMF minifigs.

Edited by GeoBrick
additional info

A Black Falcon cmf seems a bit of overkill. It's a shame they couldn't do a new character.

The 'Marie Antoinette' looks good though.

The black falcon archer has a new torso print and leg print.  The falcon looks great.  Can't wait to get the orc too.  Hopefully my local stores will have these in stock on the release date.  Koala also looks great.  There are some really nice parts and figs in this series.  

Just now, Roebuck said:

Is the bow and arrow a new colour?

It looks like a tan color from the pics but until we see official pics it will be hard to tell.  

14 minutes ago, MAB said:

A Black Falcon cmf seems a bit of overkill. It's a shame they couldn't do a new character.

We been asking for BF figures for year, guess they are giving us what we want. I am not complaining, it is a nice figure and there is a need for castle figures, we will get more in other future series.

1 minute ago, zoth33 said:

It looks like a tan color from the pics but until we see official pics it will be hard to tell.  

Yes, but have we gotten tan before?

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, but have we gotten tan before?

Not that I know of we have blue, brown in different shades, black, red, white.  I don't know if I'm missing anything.  

I have four famous words for everyone:

"Let them eat Cake!"

(I wonder when we'll see our first guillotine MOC... C'mon, you know it's BOUND to happen. It's a mathematical certainty! :tongue: )

Edited by Murdoch17

Three different Falcon torsos in the pipeline now. This is getting almost as good as the Crown soldiers of the Fantasy Era.

The 'Black Falconer' looks good! I like that it has a less armoured appearance compared with the existing one (tunic over shirt, rather than tunic over chainmail) while still maintaining the same overall design-language, and the falconry glove doubles nicely as a bracer if the brown hand is swapped for yellow. Really my only problem is the printed cloak, which is going to look awkward without a quiver or fabric cape covering it. 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The 'Black Falconer' looks good! I like that it has a less armoured appearance compared with the existing one (tunic over shirt, rather than tunic over chainmail) while still maintaining the same overall design-language, and the falconry glove doubles nicely as a bracer if the brown hand is swapped for yellow. Really my only problem is the printed cloak, which is going to look awkward without a quiver or fabric cape covering it. 

The fig comes with a cloth cape it's in the pictures

13 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Three different Falcon torsos in the pipeline now. This is getting almost as good as the Crown soldiers of the Fantasy Era.

While I consider the BAM torso to be a different faction, I do appreciate the variety of appearances that will be possible with this new figure, and I hope that LEGO continues to give us variants of existing factions via CMFs (all-green Forestman, plate-armoured Lion Knight, etc). 

3 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Real shame she doesn't come with a matching tan quiver.

Agreed. 😕👍

2 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

The fig comes with a cloth cape it's in the pictures

I know - I meant that the back of the torso will look odd without the cape (or a quiver, or some other back covering). 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

While I consider the BAM torso to be a different faction, I do appreciate the variety of appearances that will be possible with this new figure, and I hope that LEGO continues to give us variants of existing factions via CMFs (all-green Forestman, plate-armoured Lion Knight, etc). 

Agreed. 😕👍

I know - I meant that the back of the torso will look odd without the cape (or a quiver, or some other back covering). 

True but usually my knight will have armor, hair, or something there.  But this one is less obvious than the BAM one.  

Good figs. It‘s almost like they listen to customers and their wishes. I am looking forward to seeing new Orc armies. Nice that the orc shield is a new variant compatible to the old logo. Interesting that they use the shorter bow for the archer. 

54 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

True but usually my knight will have armor, hair, or something there.  But this one is less obvious than the BAM one.  

Fair, and I agree about the noticeability. 

Really hoping I can get 10 of BF and 10 orcs.

I just want to say wow. It's been so long since anything castle, but this last year we've been lucky. I really hope this continues and we get a proper theme soon! 

Edited by Shroffy123

I'm definitely happy about both the Black Falcon and Orc.  I'll probably only need/want one Black Falcon, while I'd consider getting 3+ of the Orc.  Right now I'm using the CMF Cyclops as the brunt of my 'orc' army, and the new torsos would help add some diversity.