Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

26 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Winged lion looks really cool!

Wait where is that from????

36 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Picture of Mythica Lion/Portal set (40556) appeared, has LEGOLAND on the box so exclusive.

Those nexo shield tiles with runes look great as parts.

Wait that could be a new in-house theme we talked in other forum? Is a winged lion mold new?

11 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait where is that from????

Wait that could be a new in-house theme we talked in other forum? Is a winged lion mold new?

The animals in the set are brick built, not molded.

Eastern style hair pin/ hair bun crown plus hair part in the Monkie Kid Heavenly realm set.

I don't know what the proper term is but I've seen them in Avatar and historical K-Dramas.

6 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

The animals in the set are brick built, not molded.

Eh, not exciting for me. 

Not a whole lot of new reveals today that excite me for castle projects. Mildly interested in the hare if it shows up on BnP/PaB, but not enough to get the whole set. I also like the lavender kimono/dress in the Monkie Kid Heavenly Realms set, but again not enough to purchase the whole thing. I look forward what others build with the Ninjago crystal villains, but I'll personally be taking a pass. The new tiled roof with window hole mold in the Cinderella set seems likely to appear in the Lion King's Castle when it eventually comes out. I'll probably be buying the City grocery store on its own merits for use in my modern town (plus more stunt bikes), but there's nothing here as exciting for Castle as the triumphant return of the cow in medium nougat earlier this week. Fingers crossed the BaM wizard shows up near me soon; I went by my local store on Friday and they still only had half of the pieces from the spring/Easter wave.

The hare (big rabbit) mould from the Harry Potter theme is appearing now as a real live brown hare in one of the lately leaked sets, brilliant news for anyone wanting to make Radagast’s bunny sled from the Hobbit movie trilogy

It has a stud on its back just like huskies so it can be attached to a sled the same way 

Edited by Bugbot20082

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

The hare (big rabbit) mould from the Harry Potter theme is appearing now as a real live brown hare in one of the lately leaked sets, brilliant news for anyone wanting to make Radagast’s bunny sled from the Hobbit movie trilogy

It has a stud on its back just like huskies so it can be attached to a sled the same way 

Great idea.  I'm just happy for the recolor.  

The Monkie kid Heavenly realms set has some great figs.  The new crown piece and the new print for the monkey king are great.  The whole set looks wonderful and will look great next to Flower fruit mountain.

Groot looks like he could be used as a terrifying troll or something of that sort.  

Pick a Brick has the black falcon torso and legs back up for the US

3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Pick a Brick has the black falcon torso and legs back up for the US

Interesting. They are a Bestseller part rather than a Standard part now. I wonder if that will happen worldwide.

The Friends Organic farm has quite a useful color scheme , if you remove the darkpink it's pretty much a nougat/darkblue/sandgreen farm for the most part, not too different from the Medieval Blacksmith.

41721-1.jpg?202205030154

The friends set with the giraffe has sand green leaf parts I didn't see that earlier.  Those will be useful.  

There's a Castle themed Mickey set that looks like it might have some useful torso and leg pieces.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:58 AM, Triceron said:

There's a Castle themed Mickey set that looks like it might have some useful torso and leg pieces.

It has another tan horse. This might lower the price. 

Ideas fan vote for a new set based on previously denied ideas. In 3 projects, one of which is a Viking village!

They set will be a target exclusive in the States but will sold regularly in the rest of the world.

Wow... times like these it's difficult being a fan of multiple themes. I have enough of a castle preference that I'll probably be voting for the viking village, especially since I just saw The Northman, but any of these sets would entice me to buy them even in their present form.

Neat to see that TLG is exploring multiple options to bring rejected Ideas projects back from the dead - first the BrickLink designer program, now this... I especially like that these revivals are limited to original concepts. I understand the business reasons for choosing popular licenses like The Office to become sets, but as a Lego fan first and foremost, it's nice to see the creativity of actual builds being rewarded. Fingers crossed that one of the other castle ideas rejected in anticipation of the 90th anniversary set might find a similar small market revival... at the very least, I think the single-day sellout of the latest BrickLink designer program selections bodes well for a future crowdfunding cycle over there.

Edited by kalexicon
spelling error

2 hours ago, kalexicon said:

Neat to see that TLG is exploring multiple options to bring rejected Ideas projects back from the dead - first the BrickLink designer program, now this... I especially like that these revivals are limited to original concepts. I understand the business reasons for choosing popular licenses like The Office to become sets, but as a Lego fan first and foremost, it's nice to see the creativity of actual builds being rewarded. Fingers crossed that one of the other castle ideas rejected in anticipation of the 90th anniversary set might find a similar small market revival... at the very least, I think the single-day sellout of the latest BrickLink designer program selections bodes well for a future crowdfunding cycle over there.

I don't think these 'back from the dead' sets anything to do with being original concepts. LEGO cannot sell licensed sets this way, without permission of the license holder. So it has to be original concepts only by default.

I saw the Northman back to back with the new Dr. Strange movie...  And now I know what it is like to drop acid!!!

I am not a fan of these Bricklink designer program sets.  When sets are sold like concert tickets and are gone in a few minutes, it just makes me angry.

20 hours ago, MAB said:

I don't think these 'back from the dead' sets anything to do with being original concepts. LEGO cannot sell licensed sets this way, without permission of the license holder. So it has to be original concepts only by default.

Sorry, that’s what I was trying to say in the first place, though in reading back over my previous post I can see that it wasn’t clear. It’s just nice that those default limitations create a sub-section within Ideas where original concepts don’t have to compete against licenses. Trying to frame it as a positive thing, when I’m sure many fans are disappointed that there isn’t a second chance for their favorite IP. I certainly wish The Princess Bride had a shot at a do-over, for example. 

15 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

I am not a fan of these Bricklink designer program sets.  When sets are sold like concert tickets and are gone in a few minutes, it just makes me angry.

I think that’s totally fair, although I also don’t think it has to be an inherent feature of the program. Obviously they’re still trying to gauge demand - look at how they doubled the production run for Round 1 after it blew the previous style of Bricklink Designer Program out of the water. Some of those sets were on sale for a month with hardly any takers. Round 2 only had one set sell out on the first day, as I recall, and some designs from both Round 1 and Round 2 didn’t even hit their production cap. The future of the program hasn’t been announced yet, but I can imagine that having every Round 3 set sell out the first day will impact how they do this in the future. It’s frustrating to be on the bad end of the process of figuring out something new, but that doesn’t mean the end result of that trial-and-error process will be awful.

What concerns me is that, like with concert tickets, the rapid sellout may well be a product of scalpers hoping to resell at a huge markup. Hopefully increasing production runs to match demand would take care of that, but I’m not an expert on the limitations of running a small-batch program through Bricklink like this. 

Remember also the first time bricklink did it through the ADP they had just 3000 sets of each, and some took a long time to sell.

New Kenobi set (75336) has a new hairpiece mold that looks like it could get a lot of good use on historical minifigs. 

3 hours ago, kalexicon said:

New Kenobi set (75336) has a new hairpiece mold that looks like it could get a lot of good use on historical minifigs. 

And the cape is nice too.  

The other Kenobi set has the Kaminoan that could be useful for some custom figs, even just the torso and legs are really nice

The fifth brothers head will be useful along with the grand inquisitors head.  Really all the figs have useful parts.