Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

Just now, Robert8 said:

I think the hat could have been one of the HP newer ones, but other than that, looks perfect!

I agree. The hat isn't the highlight, but the printing on the torso and skirt piece (front & back!) looks so good. Kind of a shame that it's buried in the BAMF line. It'd be easier to acquire as a CMF.

Am I dreaming?

Isn't it a new owl print with that amazing wizard in the BAM minifig photo?? :wub_drool:

And those minifigs in the Viking ship set...great prints...gorgeous new winged hairpiece... :wub_drool:bis

Posted this in the BAM topic as well, but I'm really loving this wizard. Lots of nice little touches that make it feel more grounded, like pouches and scarves for travel, but still with a very lighthearted and LEGO-y color scheme.

As for the viking ship, I'm still just in awe that we got (THREE!) new torsos instead of more reused pirates. Shame the new online pick-a-brick will make acquiring multiples harder, because they seem like wonderfully generic medieval torsos not tied to any one faction.

The 2022 BAM wizard pouch print certainly is more of a throwback to Majisto/Wiz the Wizard from 1995, while the smaller stars/moons are like the CMF wizard.

More Wizards , the better :thumbup:

Edited by TeriXeri

The viking torsos look great.  And as said before the winged/hair piece is wonderful.  The wizard print is going to be a very nice addition to my collection with some nice details on the print.  I hope the viking torsos come out on pick a brick.  Looks like I may have to check out my local lego stores this week.  I will probably pick up at least one of the viking set, I like the builds.  With this set and the Thor goat boat will make a good year for ships and the pirate ship from last year there is no shortage for ship pieces.  

5 hours ago, icm said:

Gee, they even kept the name of the old set: "Viking Ship and the Midgard Serpent".  I was expecting something completely generic like "Viking Ship", since 31109 was just "Pirate Ship" and 31120 was just "Medieval Castle".

What is a big deal about this set name?

3 hours ago, kalexicon said:

Posted this in the BAM topic as well, but I'm really loving this wizard. Lots of nice little touches that make it feel more grounded, like pouches and scarves for travel, but still with a very lighthearted and LEGO-y color scheme.

Agree

It almost feels like a RPG character or something

Edited by Robert8

29 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What is a big deal about this set name?

Just that it's the same name as the 2006 set with a Viking ship and a sea serpent.

I’m shocked that we’re getting any new torsos in the Viking set….but THREE?!  Wow.  No doubt we’ll be seeing some/all of them show up in the 90th anniversary set.  Really makes you wonder why they couldn’t include a real civilian minifig in the medieval castle 3 in 1 set though.

We’re going to crash the PAB servers after these things become available.

17 hours ago, kalexicon said:

As for the viking ship, I'm still just in awe that we got (THREE!) new torsos instead of more reused pirates. Shame the new online pick-a-brick will make acquiring multiples harder, because they seem like wonderfully generic medieval torsos not tied to any one faction.

What BAM topic is that? nvm found it

Edited by unclejeffie

14 hours ago, icm said:

Just that it's the same name as the 2006 set with a Viking ship and a sea serpent.

Ok, so what? I mean, I don’t see any big deal about same set names…

Edited by DBlegonerd7

It’s not a big deal, ok?  I just think it’s kinda cute. You don’t need to. 

A new (?) torso just leaked

It has a printed red cape with the Black Falcon logo on the back

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Could it be for Lion King’s Castle?

On 4/27/2022 at 1:45 PM, Roebuck said:

Must be some of the best/most useful figs in a specific theme to come out from a creator 3-1 set right?
The pirate ship had 3 figs and only one new torso, and the castle had 3 figs and zero new parts.
I have never collected the Vikings line so will not buy the set, but will be interesting to see if the future 3-1 sets will get a slightly better budget so they can include new figs at least or if this was just a one hit wonder :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, definitely interesting to think about what it might mean for the future of minifigs in 3-in-1 sets.

I'm also curious what future sets we might see these new torso prints reused in. After all, we've seen some other minifigure parts introduced for Creator 3-in-1 (like the space torso or stunt show torso) continue to show up in subsequent sets as well. LEGO's willingness to introduce TWO new torso prints for this one set may be an indication that they expect to get more use out of them in future years — meaning more historical/fantasy sets to look forward to!

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Wow! That looks fantastic. Got to be from the anniversary castle, right?

5 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Not necessarily. The post I saw indicated it was found in the wild at BAM, so it could be exclusive to that. Would make sense given that they're reusing a faction logo with different colors.

1 hour ago, kalexicon said:

Not necessarily. The post I saw indicated it was found in the wild at BAM, so it could be exclusive to that. Would make sense given that they're reusing a faction logo with different colors.

Yeah, weird source for that, but given that BaM has multiple sources for parts, who knows. 

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Yeah, definitely interesting to think about what it might mean for the future of minifigs in 3-in-1 sets.

I'm also curious what future sets we might see these new torso prints reused in. After all, we've seen some other minifigure parts introduced for Creator 3-in-1 (like the space torso or stunt show torso) continue to show up in subsequent sets as well. LEGO's willingness to introduce TWO new torso prints for this one set may be an indication that they expect to get more use out of them in future years — meaning more historical/fantasy sets to look forward to!

You’re not kidding.  If this is the kind of stuff they’ll put out (new torso prints, etc) then I’m fine with Castle/Vikings living in this area without a full theme.  Looks like it’s actually THREE new torsos in this set.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don’t know, that printing, especially on the back, looks a bit 3rd party to me.  The person who posted it seems to dabble in custom stuff.  Also, I’d prefer to see that picture inside the store with other torsos rather than displayed on its own at home.  I’m not buying this one but am more than happy to eat crow if it turns out to be true.

2 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I hope this is from Lion King’s Castle set too. 

As much as I want this to be real, the more time I spend with the pics, the bigger the question mark hovering over my head. I’m no expert on customs, but something does seem a little off. 

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

As much as I want this to be real, the more time I spend with the pics, the bigger the question mark hovering over my head. I’m no expert on customs, but something does seem a little off. 

I'm hesitantly excited. He posted another image with 3 of them. So he's either really trying to prank us all or he actually found them in BAM. I'm hoping that they are in BAM as I would love to get my hands on a few of them.

That looks legit to me

If it turns out to be a custom, then its an excellent one

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It seems to be real and in the BAM in a lego store.  It would be interesting to have red black falcons that is the new falcon sigil.  

Just saw a pic on Instagram that had the new BaM figs, including the blue wizard, this new Black Falcon and two pirates.

I think we can call this BF torso official. It serves as a great archer for the existing blacksmith/Creator BFs. I hope I can get several, but it’s a pretty long trip to the nearest Lego Store.