Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

The moon warrior‘s color scheme is a bit weird, bit I just realized the shield is translucent, which I like. A cape would be nice. I Wonder of the sword is translucent, too. 

There are no words for how excited I am about finally getting a lute. It's an integral part of the first scene of my WIP medieval-fantasy brickfilm, and I was considering ways to make a guitar work as a stand in - so the timing couldn't be better for me! That's my second-most wanted part checked off (and the one I didn't expect to ever see) - now just give me an updated hennin and I'll be happy

11 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

There are no words for how excited I am about finally getting a lute. It's an integral part of the first scene of my WIP medieval-fantasy brickfilm, and I was considering ways to make a guitar work as a stand in - so the timing couldn't be better for me! That's my second-most wanted part checked off (and the one I didn't expect to ever see) - now just give me an updated hennin and I'll be happy

I definitely second that. I've been using the Trolls World Tour silver mandolin in my fantasy builds for a while, and I'm so glad to be soon able to replace it with a proper, printed, wood-coloured lute. :excited:
We're going to get a Madam Pomfrey minifig in an early 2022 HP set, and while she doesn't wear a hennin, I hope her headwear would be useful for your brickfilm!

4 hours ago, Aurore said:

We're going to get a Madam Pomfrey minifig in an early 2022 HP set, and while she doesn't wear a hennin, I hope her headwear would be useful for your brickfilm!

I actually hadn't even considered that that was a possibility, but I suspect she'll probably be very useful too!

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I'm almost sure is this sword in trans purple

Amazon.com: LEGO Minifigures Series 19: Spooky Fright Knight Minifigure  71025 : Toys & Games

Confirmed

It's this sword in trans purple

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Confirmed

It's this sword in trans purple

Yes it is and I really like the fig itself looks great.  The snow knight looks good too.  Really like the bard and the little acorn guy.  Definitely getting a bunch of knights and moon warriors.  

On 11/17/2021 at 9:04 PM, Alexandrina said:

Sorry for the OT post but...

I don't know if you and @Aurore are purists, but if not, BrickWarriors has been doing a lute for years. I reviewed it just as it was coming out here.

For reasons unknown though possibly due to how long ago it was, the pictures no longer appear in my review, so here they are again:

battle_of_the_bards.jpg 

highres_457075406.jpeg

Over the past decade or so LEGO have slowly been catching up with all the cool parts that brickforge and brick warriors did first. Roman soldiers, Spartans, centaurs, LOTR style elves helmets and armour, great swords, and so on

I'm quite enjoying the Vidiyo Metal Dragon head and wings on Nexo Knights fire demon bodies. :sweet::devil:

Original:

ZeklPsX.jpg

Casual dragon:

vpIV43O.jpg

Battle dragon:

AjltCbP.jpeg

@Vorkosigan, Those are cool! :thumbup:

I did something similar by combining the Vidiyo Metal Dragon’s upper body with the CMF Dragon Suit Guy’s legs and the Devil Suit Boy’s tail. You can see the result here. (EB’s mods frown on posting the same picture in multiple active threads, so I’m not going to post the picture again. I don’t want to get in trouble!)

The 2022 Monkie Kid sets are unveiled, and as usual there are a few parts that could be interesting for medieval-fantasy builds.

I especially noticed :
- A new flame piece, available in a nice variety of colours in the different sets,
- A new hairpiece with moon tiara (wondering how it would look on the CMF 22 Moon Warrior, btw),
- A rather pretty armour.

51705367482_ec007316b7_z.jpg

EDIT - and also a new chopsticks piece!

Edited by Aurore

Transparent bright green bolt shooter could be integrated into some fantasy build, green fire/poison/magic whatever you make it. (2021 Fire sets had the water/ice trans lightblue)

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

The 2022 Monkie Kid sets are unveiled, and as usual there are a few parts that could be interesting for medieval-fantasy builds.

I especially noticed :
- A new flame piece, available in a nice variety of colours in the different sets,
- A new hairpiece with moon tiara (wondering how it would look on the CMF 22 Moon Warrior, btw),
- A rather pretty armour.

51705367482_ec007316b7_z.jpg

EDIT - and also a new chopsticks piece!

Yes and the new Macaque and the new evil monkey warriors look great.  Some of these torsos and legs will be quite useful too.  And I like the fact that they are using a lot of gold pieces again in the wave.  

If the rigid 135-degree plate connector used for the mech arms and legs in 80030 gets released in a more subdued color, I'd love to experiment with it as part of a castle wall! It could be a neat alternative to existing hinge bricks/plates and "A-frame" plates for adding angled walls to a castle, and the proportions seem like they'd be pretty easy to work with.

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What color are those arms in the minifigure with the flames?

If you mean Mei with the 3 flame rings posted above? it's the new solid Neon Yellow color.

Just saw confirmation in a video review that Macaque's new scarf piece (seen here) is separate from both the the fabric cape element and the six-eared head mold. That could make that piece very useful for historic figs, especially since its ability to fit around the bulky headgear piece means it will likely be compatible with a variety of capes and/or helmets.

Edited by Lyichir

21 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Just saw confirmation in a video review that Macaque's new scarf piece (seen here) is separate from both the the fabric cape element and the six-eared head mold. That could make that piece very useful for historic figs, especially since its ability to fit around the bulky headgear piece means it will likely be compatible with a variety of capes and/or helmets.

Isn't that piece the same mould as Lucy Wyldstyle's scarf from The Lego Movie, only in dark red? 

tlm129.png

Edited by Aurore

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

Isn't that piece the same mould as Lucy Wyldstyle's scarf from The Lego Movie, only in dark red? 

Oh, you're right! I somehow forgot that piece existed. Well, the color's neat at least.

Edited by Lyichir

9 hours ago, Aurore said:

Minor part - but the upcoming Hogwards Magical Trunk contains a new, flat lid for the treasure chest. In pearl gold, with two studs.

Great spotting! Furthermore, there Violet's hair from The Incredibles, which I hope becomes available, and the mini shirt in black. Fingers crossed!

I quite like the new rock boulder part from the City rocket launch centre. Makes me want to build a crystal cave! 

The new petri dish printed tile and the erlenmeyer flask with trans dark-blue (?) content from the lunar base will be perfect in my GOH sorceress' lab, and so will the new splotch part.

The new hairpieces for Friends Andrea and Emma in the street food market look great.

It's abolutely amazing to get a new, dark orange horse (and a reddish brown saddle).
And the foal.
And the kittens.
And the squirrels.
And the sand blue owl.
And the recoloured turtle. 
And the blue-eyed husky.
And the tucan.

Conclusion : I'm thrilled by the new sets! :moar:

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

I quite like the new rock boulder part from the City rocket launch centre. Makes me want to build a crystal cave! 

The new petri dish printed tile and the erlenmeyer flask with trans dark-blue (?) content from the lunar base will be perfect in my GOH sorceress' lab, and so will the new splotch part.

The new hairpieces for Friends Andrea and Emma in the street food market look great.

It's abolutely amazing to get a new, dark orange horse (and a reddish brown saddle).
And the foal.
And the kittens.
And the squirrels.
And the sand blue owl.
And the recoloured turtle. 
And the blue-eyed husky.
And the tucan.

Conclusion : I'm thrilled by the new sets! :moar:

I'm also very excited about all these new animals (my wallet, not so much). I found the new horse, foal, kittens, squirrels and husky - but in what set did you see the new owl?

And as for the saddle, it looks like dark brown to me. Granted I am colourblind, but it looks like there are some reddish brown pieces on the obstacle in the same set which look different. I've already got some reddish brown ones and would prefer it in dark brown too!