Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

There is a Jaguar Warrior in CMF S21

And a centaur!

40 minutes ago, wanderer1980 said:

i think the torso of the (female) centaur will be nice for Forestman Minifigs!!!!

Not forgetting the violin, a great piece for a minstrel or something. 

50 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Not forgetting the violin, a great piece for a minstrel or something. 

of course - or give it to the jester - 7953

The centaur and jaguar warrior look great.  That hermit crab is awesome.  The violin is a nice addition.  In the Raya disney set she has a new sword that looks very interesting.  The Raya set has some nice pieces that could be used for elven architecture.  

Edited by zoth33

I'm looking forward to the violin and new jaguar shield from CMF 21.

The new Ecto-1 has an interesting steering wheel that's fully circular.  Assuming it's the normal thickness, it may be a way to make new round roofs sans flex tubing.  @MKJoshA did an awesome job on Farmer Gyles' Mill (the roof technique is shown in a later post in the thread), and I hope that the steering wheel can be used in place of the flex tubing as a perfectly circular clipping point.  Could also be used similarly for round trees and towers.

Edited by Grover

4 hours ago, Grover said:

I'm looking forward to the violin and new jaguar shield from CMF 21.

The new Ecto-1 has an interesting steering wheel that's fully circular.  Assuming it's the normal thickness, it may be a way to make new round roofs sans flex tubing.  @MKJoshA did an awesome job on Farmer Gyles' Mill (the roof technique is shown in a later post in the thread), and I hope that the steering wheel can be used in place of the flex tubing as a perfectly circular clipping point.  Could also be used similarly for round trees and towers.

Thanks for the shout out! Coincidentally I just bought some of those wheels off Bricks&Pieces for exactly that purpose.

13 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Thanks for the shout out! Coincidentally I just bought some of those wheels off Bricks&Pieces for exactly that purpose.

You certainly earned it!  I appreciate you sharing your technique, too.  I also bought a bunch of those wheels off B&P, so hopefully we can make some cool roofs out of them!

I was going to buy the Harry Potter set for the centaur but this new centaur is so much better! Should make feeling the bags so much easier to find with that big body.

Still might get the Harry Potter set just for the darker brown centaur body.

3 hours ago, durazno33 said:

I was going to buy the Harry Potter set for the centaur but this new centaur is so much better! Should make feeling the bags so much easier to find with that big body.

Still might get the Harry Potter set just for the darker brown centaur body.

I have the harry potter centaurs they are nice.  What I like about the cmf centaur is the torso can be used for a female or a male character as it doesn't have the female lines on it.  The amount of parts out there now is astounding and they still keep making new parts all the time.  You can build anything and the new styles and techniques people are coming up with is great.  

Interesting to have two types of Centaurs so quickly. The HP ones I like better as their color scheme is much more coherent. The CMF looks like a random combination of horse and torso. But finally another Elvenlike torso which fits the CMF 3 elf quite nicely. The Forest Maiden was always said to be his female counterpart, but now better ones can be made. There are nice reddish brown legs with golden ornaments which I am going to use. 

2 hours ago, Wardancer said:

Interesting to have two types of Centaurs so quickly. The HP ones I like better as their color scheme is much more coherent. The CMF looks like a random combination of horse and torso. But finally another Elvenlike torso which fits the CMF 3 elf quite nicely. The Forest Maiden was always said to be his female counterpart, but now better ones can be made. There are nice reddish brown legs with golden ornaments which I am going to use. 

Plus the Centaur torso looks like it can be used for male or female minifigures, which is good.

3 hours ago, LettuceBrick said:

@Wardancer Which legs are you planning to use? I was thinking the new centaur torso might work well with the S16 Rogue, but I like your idea with the S3 Elf too!

These (if I can get any, I was not aware they are rare): https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=131578#T=C&C=88

But there are other ones too, maybe from Warrior Woman.

Edited by Wardancer

10 hours ago, Wardancer said:

These (if I can get any, I was not aware they are rare): https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=131578#T=C&C=88

But there are other ones too, maybe from Warrior Woman.

Yeah those torso's for the cmf centaur are nice for customizing.  I plan on using the centaur body with another torso just not sure which one yet.  The torso is going to good with my forest elves.  Can't wait to see what you come up with as well.  

Lots of fantasy goodness in the Ninjago sets scheduled for spring '21 including a teal brick-built dragon and some cool looking bad guys - especially Chief Mammatus and the Thunder Keeper. Pictures in the New Zealand LEGO catalogue

Edited by AmperZand

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

Lots of fantasy goodness in the Ninjago sets scheduled for spring '21 including a teal brick-built dragon and some cool looking bad guys - especially Chief Mammatus and the Thunder Keeper. Pictures in the New Zealand LEGO catalogue

Not gonna lie, after studying Latin for five years in high school, I can't help but chuckle at "Chief Mammatus". I get that they probably pulled the name from the cloud formation in accordance with the thunder/lightning theme they're following with this new enemy faction, but I have to wonder if at any point they bothered to look up why those clouds have that name. :tongue:

Also, I haven't seen anybody mention it, but the 1x4x3 "wall of fire" piece used in the new LEGO City fire sets could be very useful for siege warfare scenes where individual flame pieces might not look imposing enough to threaten a larger castle or village. They can also be stacked to create a taller wall of flame.

LEGO Classic has a "Creative Transparent Bricks" set coming out with a lot of basic bricks, plates, and slopes in various transparent colors, which could be useful for MOCing stained glass windows in a cathedral or monastery setting.

In some of the new Spider-Man sets, Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy feature a new hood piece in Dark Red and White, respectively. It's plain enough that I could see it being useful for historic figs, even if both those minifigures are using it to represent modern hooded sweatshirts. Mysterio also appears in one of these sets with a Transparent Light Blue Opal recolor of his helmet piece, which could be very fitting for use as a magical crystal ball, and also with a Transparent Bright Green/Bright Yellowish Green recolor of the smoke trail piece that was introduced for Nehmaar Reem in the Hidden Side Mystery Castle.

Those Ninjago sets have some great pieces.  That golden dragon piece the figs are holding is very interesting.  The head piece on the main villain is going to be so useful hopefully they make it in other colors too later maybe for a cmf or something.  The ninja weapons in white.  The new shields.  The villains themselves look great.  The catamaran sails will be useful.  The island dragon has a nice color and the head mold looks great.  

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Not gonna lie, after studying Latin for five years in high school, I can't help but chuckle at "Chief Mammatus". I get that they probably pulled the name from the cloud formation in accordance with the thunder/lightning theme they're following with this new enemy faction, but I have to wonder if at any point they bothered to look up why those clouds have that name. :tongue:

It’s the *breast* name LEGO could come up with! :grin:

Seriously though, is the wakizashi being used by Island Kai new? I don’t recognise it. 

latini loqi ei ? and also does anybody else think that if the current ninjago theme and the next one sell well hat lego might release a fanatsy style theme

that not hat sorry

8 hours ago, AmperZand said:

It’s the *breast* name LEGO could come up with! :grin:

Seriously though, is the wakizashi being used by Island Kai new? I don’t recognise it.  

I'm pretty sure it's a recolor of the machete piece that was introduced in the 2017 LEGO City Jungle Explorers sets, just pictured at kind of an odd angle. A lot of the other ninja weapons for that wave seem to be based around that piece as well (Cole uses it at the end of polearm, Jay uses it at the end of a flail, and Lloyd uses it with the tassel piece that has been used on the hilt of his sword in earlier waves).

Does anybody think that there may be castle theme made on worldbuilder ? if somebody makes a good castle theme, with good builds and a story, lego might make it. The only castle theme on world builder that has anything would be the dinosaur knight wich i could see lego making as a theme. If people want a castle theme so much, worldbuilder is probably the only way to get one made. ( also does anybody have a idea to when the blackmsith set will be released ? )

5 hours ago, valon said:

latini loqi ei ? and also does anybody else think that if the current ninjago theme and the next one sell well hat lego might release a fanatsy style theme

that not hat sorry

There's already a fantasy theme coming, it's just that it happens to be a licensed minidoll one, because Raya and the Last Dragon is a Disney movie. There's a pretty good image of the set that several days ago.

were is this photo ? i do not like the girl sets minifigures, but maybe the build will be good

Edited by valon