Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

The troll guy looks pretty good.  Like the sword too.  Ninjago is going to have so much useful stuff in it.  

On 3/26/2020 at 11:09 PM, Csc167 said:

I have searched for the purple goblin and Harry Potter centaur to many avail. Sorry for the noob question but any tips to see these and the new orc?

They're on an instagram page called #legoleaks. You don't need an account, you can just google and it should come up. It might take a bit of scrolling down to find them as there's quite a lot of spam on there but you should find them :classic:

9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

They're on an instagram page called #legoleaks. You don't need an account, you can just google and it should come up. It might take a bit of scrolling down to find them as there's quite a lot of spam on there but you should find them :classic:

Actually Instagram will only let you see a portion of the items with the # before asking you to log in.

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Actually Instagram will only let you see a portion of the items with the # before asking you to log in.

There are several ways to get around that. Just do a google search.

What looked like a BAM leaflet or poster with several minifigs leaked a few days ago as well, and the minis feature some of the parts on the above-mentioned photo.
The torso of the one with the bow is not easy to distinguish, so no idea if it could be useful for Castle, but there is also a maiden/princess with the lavender skirt piece, a sword and what looks like a new torso!

18 hours ago, leafan said:

Thanks to @makoy over in the "Build-a-Minifigure" thread in the Special Themes sub-forum, we now know that there is a new longbow available from the BAM towers or Bricks and Pieces on the Lego Website. Check the bottom right picture:

49733011626_48b1798d17_b.jpg

You can see it on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/80720650@N02/49733011626/

It’s difficult to see from the picture - at least on my device - but isn’t that ‘new’ longbow this part from 2011?

Edited by AmperZand

9 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

It’s difficult to see from the picture - at least on my device - but isn’t that ‘new’ longbow this part from 2011?

Oh yeah entirely possible. I didn't look too closely as my old eyes can't fathom that tiny picture.

I imagine it is the same bow, which is nice as I still have some eves to equip with bows and the long one looks much nicer than the short one.

The brickforge ones are not bad, a bit thick but then all minifigure accessories are. Plus you can string them unlike lego ones.

Got my hands on a CMF 20 Viking. Combined the helmet with the torso from the CMF 19 Fright Knight.  It makes a pretty good Rohan soldier!

AZ2gcol.jpg

10 minutes ago, ZlatanXVIGustaf said:

Perfect - lots of thanks :classic:

So we have 3 Vikings, 5 Knights and 4 Pirate Girls. I would have preferred it the way round - 5 Vikings and 3 Knights, but it is ok.

Edited by derEselausErgste

22 hours ago, Tusserte said:

Got my hands on a CMF 20 Viking. Combined the helmet with the torso from the CMF 19 Fright Knight.  It makes a pretty good Rohan soldier!

AZ2gcol.jpg

The helmet is so oversized, it looks more like Merry in armour.

I found one knight and one viking at Walmart priced at $3.44 each.

I was most excited about the new sword, I hope that we will see it again in the near future. 

Here it is with a few other swords. I didn't realize how much bigger it is.

YGGYnbi.jpg

And it fits in the scabbard.

BSVfQFf.jpg

At first I thought it was a ripoff of the Brickarms Damien Blade. But the LEGO one is even better, it has this nice grove.

On 4/19/2020 at 4:41 AM, CallMeCarbiz said:

Here it is with a few other swords. I didn't realize how much bigger it is.

YGGYnbi.jpg

And it fits in the scabbard.

BSVfQFf.jpg

Thank you for the pictures. I was wondering about the new sword’s size and your photos really help. ?

As I suspected, it’s too big to be used routinely in one hand and I’ll be treating it as a two-hander, i.e. a longsword, the 14th-15th c. weapon which was mostly used with both hands (not to be confused with the fantasy weapon by the same name). That does mean I’ll be dispensing with the shield, at least for this knight.

Really like the new sword, beautiful details. I hope to see it in normal sets. I bought a few of the tournament knight and made a small faction. The viking figure is my favorite of this series and I plan to do the same with them, but am waiting on receiving a few more. 

YiAnK4Gh.jpg

I noticed some visuals this morning on the new Monkey Kid theme (before the were deleted again).

Almost every set has some knight like minifigs. Too bad I can't find the pictures anymore. 

2 hours ago, Svendp said:

I noticed some visuals this morning on the new Monkey Kid theme (before the were deleted again).

Almost every set has some knight like minifigs. Too bad I can't find the pictures anymore. 

Eh, they're more similar to the NK Lava Monsters than anything else. Not many useful bits for historic builders.

42 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Eh, they're more similar to the NK Lava Monsters than anything else. Not many useful bits for historic builders.

I'd even think the upcoming Ninjago monsters (Troll, Goblin , Skeletons) fit even better with Nexo Knight Monsters, compared to those sci-fi bull figs, except maybe the cyber vampires from 2018.

Edited by TeriXeri

The summer Ninjago wave is going to be great for us fantasy/castle builders.  The figs are great and from the look of the sets it reminds me of fantasy era.  I think the sets and builds will even work in my lego world.  

On 4/25/2020 at 7:16 PM, zoth33 said:

The summer Ninjago wave is going to be great for us fantasy/castle builders.  The figs are great and from the look of the sets it reminds me of fantasy era.  I think the sets and builds will even work in my lego world.  

Agreed! Holy moly that 30 dollar set and the skeletal dragon set are AMAZING looking. Just for moc building parts alone...I'm super excited.