Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

The Harry Potter Centaur torso and head have now also leaked. The head has an alternate face on the rear.

That leaked Ninjago skeleton seems to have the "new" skeleton arms in black. That means I can finally replace the droid arms on my black Fantasy Era skeletons! I replaced the arms on all my white (they were white once upon a time) skeletons not too long ago and I was really happy with that small upgrade.

Edited by Frike

Looks like a new goblin figure has leaked that's purportedly from this upcoming D&D-inspired Ninjago wave. It's similar to Series 13's Goblin but with shorter legs and lilac-toned skin as opposed to Olive Green.

The goblin looks great.  Hopefully his torso head and headgear will be on B&P so I can get a bunch of those.  This wave is going to be great and I will definitely be spending alot of money on this wave.  

The knight and a statue from hidden side leaked and are looking pretty good.  The detailing on the knight is really good and I hope the castle is an actual castle not just part of one.  Another skeleton leaked from Ninjago and looks great, I like it better than the black one.  It's going to be a good year for us castle fans.  

8 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

It's going to be a good year for us castle fans.  

I think this sentence right here shows how far from grace we've fallen :sadnew:

2 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

hahahahaha I thought the same

My expectations are now so low...  :/

The new pirate bay seems to have a sign (I hope printed) as well as a few torsos and heads that might be useful for medieval settings.  Not sure if the price point will be useful for buying solely for parts, but there appears to be a lot of brown there.  I was hoping for the much darker initial design, with dark browns and blues.  Looks like we do get some more gold pieces, though.

19 hours ago, Robert8 said:

hahahahaha I thought the same

My expectations are now so low...  :/

But why? We will get at least the blacksmith this year!

32 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

But why? We will get at least the blacksmith this year!

And the new Knight and Viking from the CMF Series 20!

But I think we're all waiting for that new Castle theme that always seems like it's round the corner but just out of reach.

There's now a better picture of the Harry Potter Centaur on Instagram.

The Pirate Bay being massively retooled for the Pirates theme makes me wonder if they will do something similar for the Blacksmith to make it Classic Castle.

Maybe they'll be outfitting an entourage of knights? Maybe it'll be more of a medieval village?

1 minute ago, doclord said:

The Pirate Bay being massively retooled for the Pirates theme makes me wonder if they will do something similar for the Blacksmith to make it Classic Castle.

Maybe they'll be outfitting an entourage of knights? Maybe it'll be more of a medieval village?

Wouldn't surprise me if they made it more like a small village/market like a re-imagined blend of Medieval Market Village and Blacksmith Shop

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, doclord said:

I would LOVE to get a new horse barding print since it's been so long since the last one. So I'm really hoping for a knight on horseback :innocent:

5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they made it more like a small village/market like a re-imagined blend of Medieval Market Village and Blacksmith Shop

I am concerned now that the medieval blacksmith will be drastically altered, too, perhaps a throwback to the 80s blacksmith, or Daniel Siskind's.  I think the new pirate set is a good one, but has little to do with the original design.  I hope that the redesigned medieval blacksmith will be the same way.  If they do something akin to what you suggest, as in the MMV or what not, it would be totally awesome.  If they go bold, bright colors to draw kids in, I will be disappointed.  I also really want a goat!

On 3/23/2020 at 7:49 PM, BrickJagger said:

I hear you but at this point i will take what I can get.  The castle sets of the 80's and 90's were some of my favorites and building them back then was great.  Fantasy era had some nice sets and Kingdoms was good with the village raid and other sets.  But since we are getting that viking and knight in the CMF's and hopefully the blacksmith shop this year, the summer Ninjago wave looks great for castle builds, and the hidden side castle seems to have some great figs that's good enough for me at this point.  We also have the centaurs in Harry Potter coming.  I mean at least we are getting something instead of absolutely nothing.  It could be a lot worse, we could get nothing castle at all or castle like.  At least we can use these figs for custom figs of our own.  I can't sit here and complain all day that we have no true castle theme, sometimes you got to take what you can get until they actually release a castle theme.  

I think it is pretty sure that there will be a knight in the blacksmith set. It adds so much play value if you have a customer for the shop trying on different armors. I'd also say a horse is likely. A knight - as sad as it is to say that- on horseback is something special for Lego now and would be a selling point for kids who never saw a Castle line on shelves or were to doing for Lego back then.

For me the biggest questions is how much will be changed about the main idea of the set (if Lego isn't going to give us a series of modular Castle buildings i can't see them doing this house that way) and how Lego will do the roof. I really need a good technique for the castle i am planning.

Edited by Gorilla94

On 3/24/2020 at 10:17 PM, doclord said:

I wouldn't mind that one bit.

A new Orc(?) for the ninjago sets has leaked, along with a fancy new sword, it's dual molded in black and white so the the blade and the pommel (which is shaped like a skull) are one colour and the handle and  some markings on the blade are the other colour.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:17 PM, doclord said:

I wouldn't mind too much as long as it's not too colourful and the minifigs are in a modern style.

The Orc - like creature + the goblin + the skeletons?
FANTASY ERA IS BACK! 

Ok it's ninjago but I don't mind. I'll give away those ninja and keep the rest. That really fits a fantasy era scenario.

Yeah the Orc guy looks fantastic. Doesn't even look like Ninjago in my opinion, aside from the pale green sword.

Just now, leafan said:

Yeah the Orc guy looks fantastic. Doesn't even look like Ninjago in my opinion, aside from the pale green sword.

It's been like 3 years since the last time Ninjago looked like Ninjago

I have searched for the purple goblin and Harry Potter centaur to many avail. Sorry for the noob question but any tips to see these and the new orc?