Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

Is that minion in the bottom right holding a tan banana? Have we had tan banana's?  I know we have the gold banana's.  I like the red banana's and all those black plant pieces will be useful.  That minions set is pretty cool.  

It sounds like it'll be a fairly accurate spangen/nasal helm. No horns at least. 

Man, if that's true, it'll be cool! now make me a 10th century sword, a BF-like spear and a nice brown-silver one-piece axe, and I can die in peace!

New molds, and prints that match the theme are what is important to me.  I can MOC anything else on my own.  

Yep, very much this.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:56 AM, Aurore said:

Promobricks.de released the listing for the Minifigures Series 20, and there are two medieval ones :
-
A new knight, clad in orange and grey, with a raven on his shield.
- A new Viking with a beard and helmet.

And a Pirate Lady!

Zusammengebaut - Live-Ticker: LEGO News New York Toy Fair 2020

MVIMG_20200222_091602-scaled.jpg

I wish we could get a better view, but I am liking the knight, viking, and pirate lady.

Well...I'm disappointed by the Pirate Lady. Her outfit looks rather plain - but maybe it's just that the leg print is too dark to look good on the photo.

On the bright side, I rather enjoy the Knight, and I really love the Viking. The discussion on the Series 20 thread seem to indicate that his beard and helmet are two separate pieces, which is good news. His outfit looks great and will fit nicely in Mitgardia! :wub:
Also, I fint it great that the designer actually went for a historical design for such a small detail as a pendant! 
49569731511_28dd930a9a_o.png  322798  

Viking is sick. I'm really sad to inform you guys, but there won't remain any spare for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Viking is spectacular for Middle-earth fanatics - that helmet works perfectly for Rohirrim! Not only is armybuilding the classic Rohan Soldier from the Uruk-Hai Army expensive and difficult, the monochrome Rohan helmet actually isn't great to be the only helmet in a Rohirrim force since they aren't standardized like Gondorians. This helmet will be absolutely spot-on for diversifying the Men of Rohan - and the outfit could almost be dropped in wholesale as well! Cape being too bright for the LOTR color palette is the only issue, but a tiny nitpick. So happy to be getting this helmet. Also LOVING the Knight's sword - at last, we can shake up the longswords used for some of the LOTR heroes and villains! I'll definitely be giving these blades to Gandalf and the Witch-King - they are perfect matches for the crossguards of both Glamdring and Witch-King's longsword (which differs notably from the less bombastic standard-issue Nazgul swords wielded by the other eight). 

Surprised and happy with the blacksmith set and collectible minifigures. :)

I wonder what the chances are of some of these pieces being re-coloured and dumped into the Build-a-Minifigure towers is? It's happened with other CMF's.

Both the viking and the knight are awesome.  My youngest already wants armies of both as do I.  The viking is awesome the pendant is a great detail and the helm is perfect, would be great for Rohan soldiers too.  Love the printed shields for both.  The printing on both are great.  Can't wait to get both.  I also want to pick up some pirate ladies and i need a few of those turtles too.  

15 hours ago, derEselausErgste said:

Wow, both figures are awesome. Both knight and viking are perfect for army-building, and the vikings helmet is just a Dream come true.

I tried to find a better words, but failed. :-)

I completely missed the knight's sword the first time, it's very nice. I just hope that it isn't too bulky. If it is reasonably sized, I'll try to get at least dozen of those.

I wonder what the chances are of some of these pieces being re-coloured and dumped into the Build-a-Minifigure towers is? It's happened with other CMF's.

Not only that, but I'd love to know if lego finds use for thos parts other than CMF and such. I know that there are thousands of unused moldings that gather dust in lego vault, so it's totally possible that it's a one-shot affair, but I hope that they'd use this in a new Castle line.

Edited by Aine

The CMF series 20 knight's feather/plume appears to be in maroon, which would be a new color for that element.

23 hours ago, leafan said:

That would be great.  I got a lot of the lion shields and the knight torso's and legs when they were around.  I hope the sword can be found on B&P soon.  

Not a huge fan of the knight's torso and legs, but I do love the shield. And if that is indeed a dark red plume, I'm happy.

Love the beard on the viking as well.

I'm a big fan of both of these figures. I love the color scheme for the knight, although I'm not sure why they've given him the old shield mold instead of this one:

250?cb=20160110080555

I wish they introduced a new helmet for him as well but I'm fond of the Kingdoms one so it's not that big of a deal.

The Viking is f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c! It's remarkably historically accurate, from the helmet to the cloak and even the talisman around his neck. If I get the chance I'll buy a few of this one. The Pirate is a little weaker than the others but still solid, and she can work as an add-on for anyone who gets Pirate's Bay.

Lego has done a nice job with this series, and I'll be satisfied with the CMF line if they commit to including 3-4 historical figures per series from now on.

You know, I could see the new ponytail/tricorn hat combo mold introduced with Series 20's upcoming "Pirate Lass" CMF being recolored for a Minuteman/Paul Revere-inspired CMF in a future Series... :shrug_oh_well:

LEGO-Toy-Fair-New-York-Collectible-Minifigures-12-1024x683.jpg

The more I see the Pirate Woman, the less I like it

She seems to be... lacking printing? Or maybe another accesory. 

And the red lipstick almost make her look like a costume, rather than an actual pirate

She is essentially the female equivalent of the Swashbuckler, being a movie style pirate - something like Geena Davis in Cutthroat Island.

col12-13.png

Same coloured shirt, same coloured trousers, same coloured hat plume. I cannot tell whether her hat is black or dark brown. They look like they will pair well.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The more I see the Pirate Woman, the less I like it

She seems to be... lacking printing? Or maybe another accesory. 

And the red lipstick almost make her look like a costume, rather than an actual pirate

I will use her face on the hookers in my red light district.  I agree, it's not very piratey to me, but I can replace it with another face.

Overall, I like this series.  I can see a lot of uses for the parts, particularly with the viking and the pirate woman.  Oddly, the knight is less useful as an army builder.  Great as a standalone, but knights were the elite units and not typically duplicated, so unless I get a second one to get a squire for the knight dressed in similar garb, I can't see an army of these guys looking realistic.  I would like to see variations in the BAM kiosk, however.  The viking is absolutely superb, in my opinion, and I will get as many as I can.  I'm hoping for a greater number of him in the distribution.

I like the Viking. The olive green makes it visually compatible with Legolas and some of the Elves, very nice for army Building. The helmet is even better than the Brickforge Viking helmet. I hope it does not look odd without beard.

Edited by Wardancer

4 hours ago, Grover said:

I will use her face on the hookers in my red light district.  I agree, it's not very piratey to me, but I can replace it with another face.

It does look like a hooker :oh:

1 hour ago, Wardancer said:

The helmet is even better than the Brickforge Viking helmet. I hope it does not look odd without beard.

I'm afraid it will look weird without the beard. A lot of empty space between the mask and the head

Thumbs up for both the viking and the knight 45 or more of each.  The viking figure is particularly striking.  I could see it being used as a Robin Hood just remove helmet and beard.  I like the pirate figure,but the pirate to soldier ratio in the theme will not drive me to get many.

This all means three knights and three vikings to a box and five pirates.  Because that is my luck.