Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

Hagrid's new lantern, which I believe has been discussed here already) is available in a polybag. Apparently these have only been spotted in LBR stores in Europe, but we may eventually see them in other places.

28683808878_a3f494299e_o.jpg

by Allen Tran, on Flickr

New head moulds, fantastic wings! And I don't recognize that piece used for the nest, any guesses?

@rodiziorobs Very excited to see them available in non-licenced and cheap sets already! 

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

by Allen Tran, on Flick

Also the HP 75950 Aragog set care of Allen Tran on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/28688114108/in/dateposted/

I already have 9470 Shelob Attacks which is a more impressive giant spider. But if you don't have that set and still wanted a representation of Shelob or just want to build out 79001 Escape from Mirkwood, the HP Aragog set would be a good way to do it. 

Edited by AmperZand

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

And I don't recognize that piece used for the nest, any guesses?

This piece?

sh270.png

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

Also the HP 75950 Aragog set care of Allen Tran on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/28688114108/in/dateposted/

I already have 9470 Shelob Attacks which is a more impressive giant spider. But if you don't have that set and still wanted a representation of Shelob or just want to build out 79001 Escape from Mirkwood, the HP Aragog set would be a good way to do it. 

I'm excited for that one too! Probably the printed eyes will be useful for other types of monsters.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

This piece?

Ah, right. :thumbup:

Edited by Exetrius

From TLM2 trailer. This looks like the Roman soldier's shield in silver.

Cykwlma.png

27 minutes ago, MAB said:

Cykwlma.png

In my honest opinion, I think this is pointless to discuss right now. As with most digital LEGO things, there's no guarantee that we will ever get it in that form or colour.   

24 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

In my honest opinion, I think this is pointless to discuss right now. As with most digital LEGO things, there's no guarantee that we will ever get it in that form or colour.   

Colour sure but they don't tend to include non-real parts in these films so I think well see this new hood quiver combo which looks quite fantasy to me.

27725442107_ab83742667_o.jpg

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I really hope so!

26 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Colour sure but they don't tend to include non-real parts in these films so I think well see this new hood quiver combo which looks quite fantasy to me.

That would be a great piece.

It doesn't look like TLM2 will have a lot of pieces for castle fans. Maybe the neck armors but that depends on how many of those minifigures in the trailer are actually released

Edited by Robert8

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It doesn't look like TLM2 will have a lot of pieces for castle fans. Maybe the neck armors but that depends on how many of those minifigures in the trailer are actually released

I'd be patient. We've still seen very little of the new movie and I suspect there's a lot more stuff we haven't seen than stuff we have. One of the latest synopses I've read suggests that the space adventure portion of the movie will encompass visits to multiple planets, and there's no telling what sorts of scenery to expect on those planets. Also at least two characters have been announced who didn't show up in the trailer, even if neither of their names (Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi and Ice Cream Cone) gives me a traditional castle vibe. There are probably many, many more characters and potential sets waiting to be revealed.

3 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi

Sounds like a minidoll version of a Black Panther character.

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

Sounds like a minidoll version of a Black Panther character.

The name certainly has a vaguely African sound and she's voiced by Tiffany Haddish, so an African-inspired queen would be my expectation. Whether she would be representing a more history-based society (for example, Egyptian or Ethiopian) or a more "Afro-futurist" society like Wakanda is anyone's guess. Either way, any sets based on that setting would probably have some sort of playful twist since that was the norm in The LEGO Movie and will probably be the case this time as well.

9 hours ago, Aanchir said:

One of the latest synopses I've read suggests that the space adventure portion of the movie will encompass visits to multiple planets, and there's no telling what sorts of scenery to expect on those planets.

My latest hunch is that the various planets in the "Sis-Star System" are not going to represent particular preexisting Lego themes, but instead be the embodiment of different facets of the personality and/or interests of Finn's sister.

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

The name certainly has a vaguely African sound and she's voiced by Tiffany Haddish, so an African-inspired queen would be my expectation. Whether she would be representing a more history-based society (for example, Egyptian or Ethiopian) or a more "Afro-futurist" society like Wakanda is anyone's guess.

My other latest hunch, regarding that character particularly, is that she's going to be this movie's Lord Business, though I don't think she'll be nearly as antagonistic. If that may be the case, then Sweet Mayhem may be her henchwoman/right-hand woman, making her this movie's Bad Cop/Good Cop.

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This is possibly a good thing. The lack of any kind of Castle elements in the Movie sets mean that it's possible that a new Castle theme is headed our way next summer. Think about it, Lego probably wouldn't produce knights with all-new heraldries just for a set or two and then release a full Castle theme that summer. 

6 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

This is possibly a good thing. The lack of any kind of Castle elements in the Movie sets mean that it's possible that a new Castle theme is headed our way next summer. Think about it, Lego probably wouldn't produce knights with all-new heraldries just for a set or two and then release a full Castle theme that summer. 

That's a good point.  In fact, I almost expect Nexo Knights to show up in some form in place of Castle, especially if it is true that this movie will explore the differences between how boys and girls play with toys.  I worry that, if this is true, they may be pushing gender roles.

Isn't next year already too crowded for a Castle theme?

We will have the new Overwatch theme, and The LEGO Movie 2 theme, which are both "new" lines. + Harry Potter is rumored to be a new "evergreen" theme so it has to return next year (at least at the end). Also, Star Wars IX and Infinity Wars 4 coming out next year, both of them will get "brand new" waves. And add the current themes like City, Ninjago, DC Superheroes, Unikitty, Collectible Minifigures, Creator, Minecraft, Friends, Elves, etc

I just don't see it happening. Doesn't sound like the right year for a new castle theme

Edited by Robert8

53 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Isn't next year already too crowded for a Castle theme?

We will have the new Overwatch theme, and The LEGO Movie 2 theme, which are both "new" lines. + Harry Potter is rumored to be a new "evergreen" theme so it has to return next year (at least at the end). Also, Star Wars IX and Infinity Wars 4 coming out next year, both of them will get "brand new" waves. And add the current themes like City, Ninjago, DC Superheroes, Unikitty, Collectible Minifigures, Creator, Minecraft, Friends, Elves, etc

I just don't see it happening. Doesn't sound like the right year for a new castle theme

You never know.  Of course I'll be excited if it happens, but it wouldn't surprise me if they stupidly replaced Castle with Harry Potter for the time being...

I think Harry Potter can replace a Castle line like Fantasy Era

But it can't reaplace a Castle theme like Kingdoms

So, IMO, a castle theme like Kingdoms can happen simultaneously with Harry Potter

But that's not the point. The thing is that I think next year is already full. But of course I know nothing. Time will tell

I feel like the list of themes is full every year, then I hear about another one.  So yeah, time will tell...

11 hours ago, Aanchir said:

The name certainly has a vaguely African sound and she's voiced by Tiffany Haddish, so an African-inspired queen would be my expectation. Whether she would be representing a more history-based society (for example, Egyptian or Ethiopian) or a more "Afro-futurist" society like Wakanda is anyone's guess.

I don't read anything into the character at all from the name, since it is literally just "whatever I wanna be". It says a lot more about Finn's sister than the minidoll character, and I don't really think any other conclusions can be drawn. You are of course welcome to think Whatevra Ya-wan Athink.

This movie obviously leans heavily on sci-fi rather than Castle, and I'll be surprised if we get much Castle out of it. Perhaps they'll throw us a bone here or there, but I'm not expecting anything else.

10 minutes ago, rodiziorobs said:

I don't read anything into the character at all from the name, since it is literally just "whatever I wanna be". It says a lot more about Finn's sister than the minidoll character, and I don't really think any other conclusions can be drawn. You are of course welcome to think Whatevra Ya-wan Athink.

This movie obviously leans heavily on sci-fi rather than Castle, and I'll be surprised if we get much Castle out of it. Perhaps they'll throw us a bone here or there, but I'm not expecting anything else.

I'm thinking that we could see Elves more than any Castle variation.  I have heard that the Queen is a shape-shifter, which is interesting and makes your reading of the name more meaningful.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

I feel like the list of themes is full every year, then I hear about another one.  So yeah, time will tell...

It doesn't help though when that new theme is yet another licensed franchise... :sad:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It doesn't help though when that new theme is yet another licensed franchise... :sad:

I agree.  It's really easy to walk right past the Lego aisle at the store these days, because it feels like it's just one licensed media franchise after the next...which does very little for my excitement.  It doesn't make me feel inspired to build or create...it just makes me silently groan in disappointment.

11 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

The 2013 Castle sets were out into 2015. They overlapped with the first Lego Movie, and that had a castle set.