Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

One thing that remains to be seen from the Ninjago Movie sets: printed traditional(-ish) banners. I suspect the smallest set contains one:

70606-1.jpg?201706160638

On 2017-6-16 at 10:55 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Official images have been found now ;)

With some small cosmetic modding and just an iota of imagination, I'm planning on using the Ninjago Movie mech dragon  (pictured below) as a real beast.

Truth be told, there often isn't much difference between LEGO's mech monsters and how you would brick build the same creature. I converted Flinx's phoenix from the Chima range to make it into an actual phoenix; not much modding was required.

70612-1.jpg?201706161019      

The hood on the Lloyd Ninjago CMF might be useful for caped characters, although the attached hair is a bit modern.

71019-10.jpg

Both bowls, the hood and all the weapons 

Even some of the hairpieces: Kai's hairpiece would be useful for someone hanging upside down. Maybe a prisioner being tortured in a dungeon or something

No automatic alt text available.

I find the Ninjago sets(dragon, fortress and boat) attractive, will try to get those.
The minifigs series a disappointmen thought.

On 24/06/2017 at 7:57 AM, Robert8 said:

Maybe a prisoner being tortured in a dungeon or something

That went dark fast.

On 23/06/2017 at 3:08 AM, AmperZand said:

With some small cosmetic modding and just an iota of imagination, I'm planning on using the Ninjago Movie mech dragon  (pictured below) as a real beast.

Truth be told, there often isn't much difference between LEGO's mech monsters and how you would brick build the same creature. I converted Flinx's phoenix from the Chima range to make it into an actual phoenix; not much modding was required.

You'll need to mod this out though:

70612_green_ninja_mech_dragon_reveal_13-

On 26/06/2017 at 0:30 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

You'll need to mod this out though...

True, but that'll be really easy to mod. The engines or whatever they're supposed to be are designed to fold away so can be hidden. Besides, as they're non-structural in the sense of not supporting the rest of the build, they can be removed or replaced with something that looks more organic. I was planning on using the dragon as a giant terrestrial lizard, but if I ever decided to make it aerial, that is where I would attach the wings. 

PS. If anyone was wondering what this beastie looks like without stickers, Jang shows us starting at 1:30 into his YouTube review. In Jang's opinion, it looks better without stickers. I agree.

Edited by AmperZand

Just saw the new DC Superheroes sets. There will be a whole set of new magic power blasts of some sort. Amazing, much needed! :cry_happy:

After stripping the printing the Lord Krakenskull helmet from NK is great for historic fantasy figs. The Elves shield for the latest waves is very nice as well. 
7bQ62N3l.jpg

On 12/08/2017 at 2:58 PM, x105Black said:

Yeah, that looks pretty nice.  If only I could get myself to be OK with altering pieces.

If it's a NK piece then it's okay to do anything to it?

Looks like it's supposed to be 6080 from 1984 (minus the 12 minifigs & 4 horses!) but with the 1992 dragon, haha.:dwacko:

On 15.8.2017 at 2:06 AM, Lyichir said:

20799401_10213745051404986_9031014963424

So guess which Lego character turned out to be a Castle fan?

Hi,

is this an official image and is this supposed to be some kind of hint? I am still hoping for new castle sets next year (with the Lego anniversary and so), or is this just a fun image?

10 hours ago, blackie said:

Hi,

is this an official image and is this supposed to be some kind of hint? I am still hoping for new castle sets next year (with the Lego anniversary and so), or is this just a fun image?

It's a screenshot from one of the new Elves webisodes but I doubt it's meant as a hint at future product—just an Easter egg paying homage to the Elves theme's Castle heritage.