SkaForHire

The Empire of Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion

IMG_0181.JPG.a6a0a6548b0de59201a5a447ac0143b7.JPG

Lord Augustus Fernsby hereby declares loyalty to the Crown of Corrington.

Born to a wealthy family, Lord Fernsby was never the brightest of people and as such couldn't enter the prestigious field of Science as his Father wished. Whether his lack of intellect came from his alcohol problem or was inherited from his Mother, no one knows. When Augustus reached the age of 28 his Father had had enough, he managed to get Augustus a relatively high ranking position in the Corrington military, bought him a camel from a distant land, a stockpile of rum, a ship and sent him on his way. Unfortunately his Father forgot to have the ship licensed before passing away due to mysterious circumstances and now Augustus must save up his doubloons to get his ship licensed. For the time being Augustus leads an expedition across the Molokei Empire and the Middle Kingdoms.

Edited by Lord Buckethead

28 minutes ago, Lord Buckethead said:

A fine minifig selection for your character!:thumbup:

I like the way this minifigure comes together! I look forward to seeing him out and about in the brick seas. 

@Bregir Micah of Wolfhaven is a merchant by trade, specializing in everything related to horses. He created a trade company with four of his friends named Wolf's Equine, Trading, and Expedition Company or WETEC for short. They have founded a colony, Elizabethville, in her Majesty's name on Lacryma, as the land is exceptional for raising and breeding horses, as well as training cavalry for her Majesty's service. He and his recently married wife are overseeing the progress on Lacryma, as well as exploring the fauna of the new islands. His partners are overseeing the other aspects of the WETEC. 

Edited by SilentWolf
Fixed my geographically challenged error

@Lord Buckethead Great minifig parts selection and a very funny background story! I hope Augustus finds some money for his ship soon (and doesn't spend it all on booze :tongue: )

4 hours ago, Lord Buckethead said:

Lord Augustus Fernsby

That is a stylish sigfig! I really like it. And he has an interesting backstory as well. Looking forward to seeing his ship. Welcome to BoBS!

@Lord Buckethead : welcome to the Brick Seas !

If your character has the time to stop by Elisabethtown, City of Eslandola, there is a great brewery of an excellent Applecider to try ! :laugh::grin: (no, no, I am not advertising... :tongue:)

Thank you

I'm sure Augustus will be able to find the time to visit Elisabethtown, however do they serve any Rum with that Applecider. 

Edited by Lord Buckethead

Just now, Lord Buckethead said:

Thank you

Just a quick question, I would like to participate in the EGS however I have a fort moc that I would like to use as a free build , just not in the EGS. Is it possible for me to participate in the EGS but still post this fort as a free build to get the reward?

Go for it - just because you participate in the EGS you don't have to license everything you build. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Buckethead said:

Thank you

Just a quick question, I would like to participate in the EGS however I have a fort moc that I would like to use as a free build , just not in the EGS. Is it possible for me to participate in the EGS but still post this fort as a free build to get the reward?

Yes, just post it as a free build but don't license it.

57 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Go for it - just because you participate in the EGS you don't have to license everything you build. 

57 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Yes, just post it as a free build but don't license it.

Ah ok, I see. Thank you.

Lord Fernsby, Corrington welcomes you amongst its ranks. Might I suggest we coordinate the location of the fort, as it may have strategic importance? 

Also, I will add you to the Corrington PM. That should give you many nights of reading! ;) Although you might just want to skip to the most recent pages... :P

Some troop pics and an updated Governor Coyle:

35657096532_cf8b16e377_c.jpg

35437901680_80ecc611f6_c.jpg

35657097922_92e0d20a95_c.jpg

35437903000_3abb24b33b_c.jpg

Governor Aiden Coyle, owner of Coyle Shipping Company and governor of the Northern Reaches, presently resides in Stormhaven, Serentia. He has a wife, Amelia, one son and two daughters.

Thanks, Mike, looks great!

Also, I hope we can do a little more with the official positions of Corrington for era II. I have updated our org. chart a bit and hope that we can actively offer players advancement through this tree.

35682131201_8e709ccf65_h.jpg

All positions occupied for existing active players will be included as given, although there are many empty spots. If you have characters established as taking up any of these positions up to now, you are welcome to mention it here, or when era II is launched. I think I have most of you allready filled in (in the COR era II topic that you can't see yet ;) )  and there are descriptions and such for most posts.

I will add that military ranks from post-captain/Major upwards by era II will be appointed by leadership if a military leader proves capable. So in that way, I am introducing a limit to your RP, you could say, but it won't be that hard to achieve. But this way we avoid someone coming in out of nowhere to claim superior rank, plus add in a sense of achievement (I hope ;) )

Hopefully we can use this to make Corrington take on more life and give our characters (not necessarily our sig figs) something to strive for. Feedback welcome.

On 7/7/2017 at 6:44 AM, Bregir said:

Also, Corlanders, please post your best examples of our troops for the era II faction sign up thread. Existing pics are perfectly fine. :)

I thought you'd never ask! :pir_laugh2: I do love a good figbarf!

35051199664_7d59c206ab_c.jpg

Corlander Infantry Examples. L-R: Queens Own Foot Guard Grenadier, Queens Own Foot Guard, Grenadier Regiment, Line Regiment Grenadier, Light Infantry (x2), Highland Regiment Piper and Grenadier, Line Regiment (x2), ETTC Sepoy (x2), Native Auxiliary Scouts (x2).

35081533883_9f0e45950f_c.jpg

Corlander Cavalry Examples. Heavy Dragoon, Light Dragoon, Queen's Own Hussar, ETTC Lancer.

My previous attempt is here: 24975643604_0fce03be46_n.jpg

To my Corrington friends:

I know the last weeks, our excellent relations struggled a bit, but it is now time to forget the past!

Come join the Trador New Terra Soccer Cup! The perfect event for some networking, relaxing, drinking and entertaining!

Let's make our relationship strong again (and your relations with Oleon and Sea Rats as well ofcourse)! :classic::thumbup:

8 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Looking forward to this!!!

Fellow Corlanders,

An updated map of Cascadia to include the new colony of Argentia and the settlement of Mesabi Landing.

34628933301_8f46077a5c.jpg

Corrington stands by its commitments and Operation Pax Corlandia continues:

The New Haven Housing Projects have been finished, offering comfortable and affordable living for all in true Corlander style!

35915296211_b85c809aac.jpg

I am going to be away for some meetings for the next week. Just wanted to let you know why I might be quiet for awhile. (Though I will probably check in on my phone periodically.)

1 hour ago, SilentWolf said:

I am going to be away for some meetings for the next week. Just wanted to let you know why I might be quiet for awhile. (Though I will probably check in on my phone periodically.)

Thanks for the heads up, sir. We shall shall look to your return on the 7th day! ;)