SkaForHire

The Empire of Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion

On 8/4/2017 at 0:29 AM, Bregir said:

Thanks for the heads up, sir. We shall shall look to your return on the 7th day! ;) 

I am back and you guys made my return busy with all the builds that needed commented on. :pir_tong2: I am sure I probably missed a dozen or two that were pushed farther down. :pir-laugh: Now back to the lego sorting and building on my workspace. 

Good to have you back, Silentwolf! :)

And good to see Eslandola making good on its promises. :)

The royal shipyards (under construction) have been working overtime lately - Corrington shall rule the waves!

35713149124_bdcb5654db.jpg

35713159194_c701c777e1.jpg

Anyone else has some interesting projects underway? :)

Not really sure if this is going the intended direction, but hey...

36502519016_53026cf3e5_z.jpg

EDIT: Wups, didn't realize that was the Corrington thread and thought it was General Discussion instead... Sorry Corries, this one aint for you. :-) 

Edited by Elostirion

13 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Sorry Corries, this one aint for you. :-)

NOOOOOOOOOOO! :pir-oh:

But it looks great - what is the intended direction? :pir-wink:

On behalf of her Royal Majesty, Queen Annetta, Sovereign of Corrington, Balondia, and Her Majesty's Colonies,

To reward loyal citizens of Corrington for extraordinary services rendered in service of the Crown in Terra Nova, Her Royal Majesty hereby institutes the Order of the Compass Rose. Corlander cititzens of all ranks and professions can, by Royal decree, be elevated to nobility as Knight, Commander, or ultimately Grand Commander of the Order, and thus be entered into Corlander nobility and the Noble Parliament. With the establishment of this order, two prominent citizens are to be knighted.

@SilentWolf:

For extraordinary efforts in building up the Terra Novan Navy, Sir Micah of Wolfhaven is hereby dubbed "Knight of the Order of the Compass Rose", and henceforth commands the honours thereto connected. Her Royal Majesty particularly noticed industrious and tireless efforts as shipwright in the early days of colonial expansion, which proved invaluable in establishing naval superiority in Terra Nova.

Her Majesty presents her personal congratulations to Sir Micah, and trusts that his services to the Crown will continue to bring glory to the Empire.

@Ayrlego:

For tireless efforts in expanding Corlander influence in Terra Nova, and for the addition of several islands to the Crown, Sir Dirk Allcock, Major in the Royal Army, is hereby dubbed "Knight of the Order of the Compass Rose", and henceforth commands the honours thereto connected. Her Royal Majesty emphasizes the addition of large landmasses in the Paradise Isles, and the efforts made to establish and expand settlements allover Terra Nova. The Crown owes much of its territorial expansion to Sir Allcock, and appreciates the peaceful way in which it was achieved.

Her Majesty offers her personal regards to Sir Allcock, and hopes that he may continue to successfully serve the interest of Corrington.

The Admiralty too wishes to express its gratitude to Sir Micah and Sir Allcock, and is honoured to have been allowed to bring these happy news.

Sincerely,

Rear-admiral S. Fletcher

Terra Novan Fleet

So are there any proud Corringtonlanders on their way to Trador for the Soccer Cup? :)

18 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

So are there any proud Corringtonlanders on their way to Trador for the Soccer Cup? :)

It's on my to-do list. I am away this weekend but am planning to try (no promises :pir-laugh: ) to get a last minute team together early next week. I think Silentwolf and Mesabi were also planning on trying to get entries in as well!

24 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

It's on my to-do list. I am away this weekend but am planning to try (no promises :pir-laugh: ) to get a last minute team together early next week. I think Silentwolf and Mesabi were also planning on trying to get entries in as well!

Great :D

14 hours ago, Maxim I said:

I should be able to put up an entry for the WTC, but no promises. I bricklinked a bunch of tusken raider torsos for occasions such as these. :wink:

You going to do my minichallenge? 

Edited by Mesabi

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

I should be able to put up an entry for the WTC, but no promises. I bricklinked a bunch of tusken raider torsos for occasions such as these. :wink:

You going to do my minichallenge? 

Your minichallenge is on my list as well :)

I'm still overwhelmed by stuff I need to read, but from what I've gathered so far I'm tempted by Corrington.

Would "born into a wealthy family, raised among books, now eager to explore the world and make a name for himself" be appropriate? After it got lost during my Dark Ages, I have recently re-aquired this beauty, which could serve as a ride into future adventures.

Please note that I'm torn between this and the Sea Rats, any motivational help is appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

After it got lost during my Dark Ages, I have recently re-aquired this beauty, which could serve as a ride into future adventures.

I was told you would, at least, have to modify official sets in order to have it in game.

And I think this is the wrong thread now, I believe you need to go to the era II sign up thread, in order to properly sign up.

Edited by Hart New Bob

Just now, Hart New Bob said:

I was told you would, at least, have to modify official sets in order to have it in game.

That is not an issue, since I planned to modify it anyway.

10 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I'm still overwhelmed by stuff I need to read, but from what I've gathered so far I'm tempted by Corrington.

Would "born into a wealthy family, raised among books, now eager to explore the world and make a name for himself" be appropriate? After it got lost during my Dark Ages, I have recently re-aquired this beauty, which could serve as a ride into future adventures.

Please note that I'm torn between this and the Sea Rats, any motivational help is appreciated.

Don't let it overwhelm you! It did when I first looked into joining BoBS so I understand. It's actually pretty easy once you get into it. I'm sure one of our other esteemed members can explain it better than me.

Your character description is fine.

You can be a Sea Rat type if you want, that what my  character does. I'm a Corlander, and I raid and pillage all the time, much to the annoyance of my teammates. Really, if you like the scientific aspects of the age of sail, join Corrington. If you like pirates more, join sea rats.

@Drunknok:

Welcome to BoBs, sir - don't be too daunted by the rules - your future countrymen will surely help you.

As to choice of story, I would say it sounds very appropriate - as to Corrington vs. Sea Rats, that is a choice between order and chaos. In Corrington, we prefer people to abide the law and follow her majesty's directions, while in the Sea Rats, its typically every man for himself.

And it is true that if you want to use a ship in the game, it should preferably be a moc, or at least a heavily modded set. :)

And lastly, the thread you are really looking for is this one:

Corrington has been updated a bit for Era II, which we are just about to kick off. :)

This is my character Killian Goodwill, delighted to join the Empire of Corrington. 

BoBS Character introduction

Killian Goodwill was born with the eyes of his father and the smile of his mother. Killian passed most of his early years in a good and caring home, this all changed after the death of his father who died serving the Corrington Empire. Killians mother left soon after because she could not live with the constant reminder of her beloved husband. He was thus sent to live at his grandfather's estate, an old and grumpy veteran who earned the rank of general during the several wars against Oleon. Raised by his strict grandfather, he developed useful skills needed in the military. As soon as he was of age, with a need to impress his grandfather and with his father in mind, Killian enlisted in the army. After a couple years of service, he made the rank of field artillery captain, which he served as proudly. However, after the death of his Grandfather, Killian no longer felt the need to stay in the army and instead decided that it was time to establish the Goodwill family as something else than soldiers. Thus, with his newly inherited fortune, Killian Goodwill started a new chapter of his life...

Edited by lmcpicture

Thanks for signing up, @lmcpicture! Excited to see where Killian's adventure leads.

You've posted in the old Era I thread - can you please repost your intro into the current thread found here?

Edited by evancelt