SkaForHire

The Empire of Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion

Why is everyone thinking in baseplates (=squares)?

The license fee difference between small and medium property is 100%, while the size of a medium is four times as large as the small. I think therefore something between 16x32 and the full 32x32 should be totally fine, as long as there is effort put in it. And of course everybody loves irregular bases. I would lovd to see more of them here.

I totally agree. It would feel more free if the guidelines gave an approx number of studs, and it would be more free as to the shape of the build.

For Properties:

Small ca 250 studs.

Medium ca 1000 studs.

Large ca 2300 studs.

Royal A lot of studs.

For plantations:

Small ca 1000 studs.

Medium ca 4000 studs.

Large ca 16000 studs.

Royal ... How many do you have? Might want to use LDD for this one.

Several floors counts towards the number of studs, so that builders are free to chose the style of their builds/cities. Some leeway if the landscaping takes a lot of effort and bricks. Maybe I am pedantic on keeping the loose guidelines, but it is obvious that it has lead to a lot of confusion both ways. I think it is important to let creativity flow, but also retaining some guidelines to make it easier to plan the build. If people do a lot of detailed work, and put their full effort, a slightly smaller build would be ok. There is no stopping someone from building bigger than the guidelines either. I don't think such a wording on the system would be abused. Quite the opposite, I think it may make people try out more ambiguous project, and become better builders. And that's a good thing, right?

Edited by Sir Stig

Woah! Yes, the 32x32 guideline was never meant to restrict the build to a square! pirate_laugh2.gif The general rule is that in such a case the stud count must be 1024 (max, min, whatever) in any shape. For anyone that got the idea that that was supposed to be the exact dimensions of the build, that was decidedly not the intention of the rule! pirate_wink.gif

Yes, I always understood it as total stud area and not a square. But I don't think the rules give any indication, and when past contests (like PtV) required a square base, not making the point clear means confusion among members. We can't assume that people will know which way(s) is/are allowed.

Good point about the builds not be square, if I'd have thought about it I would gone with number of studs. However, my brick collection/skill as a builder makes it tougher to make more organic looking builds! (something to think about)

Anyway, here's my own sugar plantation, as mentioned previously it has been built on Serentia, just outside Stormhaven.

26483513435_1e21fa9b91_n.jpgPlanviewPlantation, on Flickr

Edited by BrickOn

Hi all,

The request came in link Port Raleigh in the settlement index.

But to link there, I first need mayor to post, and I can then link to that post.

Since Ska is the mayor of Port Raleigh, and I understand he is busy with way more important things, maybe someone of you could do that?

Thank you!

Edit: thank you CelesAurivern! As soon as I'm using a pc, I'll link in the first post.

Edited by TitusV

Fellow Corries,

Now that Montoya has made our claims public, should we begin the discussion as to naming our newest possessions? I believe we had Skarletta (I admit I prefer the look of 'Scarletta' - but it kind of negates the purpose of the name - what do you guys think?) and Rosetta left over from last challenge. Does anyone have anymore suggestions?

Oh we also have:

Sandive, Wendon, Parineer, Edgarton, Ballista, Badelphia, Serentia, Finnister, Shokeer....

We can always make up royal family members too and name stuff after them - Duchess Alice, Viscount Morris, Duke Damien, etc...

I like Ska's last suggestion, it seems to be how most colonial possessions were named IRL

or how about: Woodbrose, (for the current Minister for the Colonies), (the following are all made up) Victoria -the Queen's cousin, the Dutchess of somewhere, Moore/Craufurd/Wellesley - all Corrington Generals/heroes?

Anyway just some thoughts....

Attention Corlanders:

1) I will be out of town pretty much for the rest of this week. Don't burn the nation down. Send Scarst messages if you need immediate guidance.

2) The 50 pages of private threads is a bit much. So here is what we will do to uncomplicate things.

Subscribe to the threads you want to be a part of by signing up here, and I will try to get them made before or during my trip.

There will be a Diplomacy / government thread, a MRCA and Trade Thread, and we will use the current thread as general discussion. So if you want added on the Diplomacy or MRCA thread, then state it in this thread.

Can someone stop that awful screeching sound of snivelling Eslandians? ;)

Edited by Bregir

Can someone stop that awful screeching sound of snivelling Eslandians? ;)

pirate_laugh2.gif

(Sea) Rats, I hoped no one would discover my awesome and extremely subtile undercover infiltration pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Maxim I

I also want to be on all 3.

In regard to island names I'm in favor of 4 being called Mooreland or Skarletta and 9 being called Aliceland or some other royal name

As to naming:

I like "Alice Island" for #9, as it seems a bit mysterious! pir_laugh2.gif I just want someone to figure out who Alice was. The Queen's aunt/King Arlin's sister, perhaps?

And for #4, I am sort of partial to keeping its given name "The Teardrop"... pirate_blush.gif

Skarletta and Rosetta are also fine for me, but they just do not seem to fit to #4 or #9 to me. pirate_blush.gif

Sign me up for the all the new COR threads. Thank you.

Edited by Brickwolf

Sign me up for the new threads please Ska.

Some suggestions based on their original nicknames, Teardrop and Wind Catcher

4: Lacryma

9: Zephyria

Brilliant - I like these!

We could always go with "New Juniper" pirate_tong.gif

So far we have:

Island 4: Skarletta, Lacryma, Mooreland,

Island 9: Rosetta, Zephyria, Aliceland/Island,

Sign me up for the new threads please Ska.

Brilliant - I like these!

We could always go with "New Juniper" pirate_tong.gif

So far we have:

Island 4: Skarletta, Lacryma, Mooreland,

Island 9: Rosetta, Zephyria, Aliceland/Island,

Don't wanting to put my nose werd it doesn't belong, but in the Rosetta/Skarletta discussion, you should either take them both, or not at all