Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #146: Red is the Bloodiest Color

Annienal divides the gold evenly amongst the party: 150 gold each.

"Thank you, sir. Should you need my assistance again, I'd be more than glad to see to you." Annienal bows. he watches Luke walk off, hoping Calamity's influence didn't leave a lasting impression on the boy. She turns to Traci.

"Traci, I, um, want you to keep the shield I gave you. I have no real use for it and I'd prefer it be seen in your hands than in some shop in Eubric."

"Traci, I, um, want you to keep the shield I gave you. I have no real use for it and I'd prefer it be seen in your hands than in some shop in Eubric."

traci.png

"I don't know if I could do that." She shifts uncomfortably. "Are you sure? Well, alright. Thank you very much. I'm sure we'll see each other again."

jackson.png

"Here's the armor back." Jackson returns Avalanche's armor. "I should have enough money to buy some new armor for myself. Thank you for letting me borrow it."

The party

18717533121_e5362cca03_t.jpg

Annienal Anavir
(Kintobor)

"19" year old elven female Mystic Knight
*Bonaparte Reputation* *Immunity toSudden Death and
Fragile
* *Takes half damage from elemental attacks*

Level 20

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
34/34

Ether:
7/19

Gold:

Equipment:
Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:11, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes; longsword), Crescent Shield (SP: 9, Halved Damage from elemental attacks; shield),

Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immunity to fragile, body wear, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators, and vindicators), Lethauros Fellwings (SP: 3, wearer is immune to Sudden Death, backwear

Inventory:
Ammit (WP: 6; greatsword, user gains 5 ether for every kill), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8, deals damage undead; great sword), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, Hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), Training Sword (WP:4), Shark’s Tooth (Power increased by 5 against Aquatics, Accessory), Tridentian Cape (Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear), ), Tobacco Pouch (1/2 Chance of
Blinding
with attacks, accessory),
Pauldrons (SP: 2, suitable for knights, dragoons, and skirmishers; accessory), Lethauros Mask (SP: 2, wearer deals double damage to Beasts and Vermin, headwear, suitable to everyone), Locustoid Greaves (Max Ether +4, immune to Earth, suitable to ether users, footwear), Tap Shoes (Footwear; Has a 1/6 chance of dealing the Enamored effect on each attack), Gnarled wand (WP: 7, deals Wood damage; Wand, suitable for ether users),
Captain’s Leather Helm (Immune to Stunned, Blinded and Sealed; Headwear suitable for Cannoneers, Rangers, Rogues, and Marauders)

Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Mythril Shard, Ruby

Consumables:
2x Potions, 2x Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, 4x Remedies, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope
Pickaxe, 4 Depleted Ether Cores (Restores half the user's max ether), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Tonic, Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect), Tiger Balm, Phoenix Essence

Scrolls:
Scroll of Fire Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to fire for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Ice Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to ice for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Water Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to water for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Wood Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to wood for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether),
Lapis Lamp of Summoning (Summons the djinn Mayrene to conjure an Ethereal Barrier around the target at the cost of 5 ether, giving them a 50/50 chance to avoid Damage, Free Hits, and Special Damage. The barrier dissipates when the target takes damage from any source.)

Roleplay:
Underdeveloped Organ

344AC380-52F7-4663-A091-9D3206218910_zpsuwjcvltv.jpg

Warlen Melimane, Eulalia's Knight
(The Chosen Minifigure) *Party Leader*

23 year old male half-elf Mystic Knight

Level 22.33
*Immune to
Ether Reduction
Cursed
defense!* *
+1 POWER
whenever a party member rolls
DAMAGE
/
SPECIAL DAMAGE
*1/6 chance to redirect Free Hits*
Hastened*

Power Bonus:

Health:
20/33 (5+20+7+1
)

SP:
10 (6+4)

Ether:
6/27 (5+20+1+1)

Gold:

Glory Points (GP):

Equipment:
Healing Staff (WP: 9, staff, heals instead of damaging)
, Eulalia Shield (SP: 6, prevents ether reduction), Vorpalis Diremail (SP: 4, enemies that inflict damage on the wearer become Cursed, bodywear), Vorpalis Purgers (Power +0; goes up by 1 every time a someone in the hero's party/the hero themselves rolls damage/special damage. Resets to zero if the wearer is knocked out or if the battle ends. Legwear),
Wizard's Hat of Quick Reading
(SP:1; [
Scroll of
Frailty
]; one scroll can be attached to the hat outside of battle. During battle it can be used in addition to a normal action once per round; suitable to classes with ether;
headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:
The Cannonblade (Can be used as a longsword or handcannon, WP: 9. Ignores SP in sword mode, deals Bleeding 1 in cannon mode),
Rusty Dagger (WP:2, poison 10, breaks after 3 uses).

Artifacts:
Counterstrike Gloves, Magician's Glove
(+10 spell power), Locustoid Greaves (+4 ether, suitable for ether users), Lethauros Ring (Health and Ether +5. Suitable for anyone, accessory),
Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent),
Marauder’s Heavy Armor (SP:6, protects from fragile-effect, suitable marauders, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; body wear.),

Spellbook:

Amethyst
Aquamarine
Emerald
Ruby
Sapphire
Garnet
Opal
Topaz
Diamond

Scroll of
Sleep
Scroll of
Antimagic,

Consumables:

Potion x2, Grand Potion x5, First Aid Kit (Full Health and remove negative effects for the whole party), Health Core, Tonic x5, Grand Tonic, Remedy x8, Banana (Full Health),
Milk x2 (+15 HP and Ether),
Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense,
Hurricane x3 (Grants
*Drunk*
effect. If user makes pun every round, the strength of their attack is doubled),
Mead x2, Smelling Salts x3
Gold Ring (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver),
Smoke Bomb x3, Fishy meat (restores full health when consumed), Soma, Ether core
,Smoke Bomb,
Frostbite Capsule
(10 ice damage, bomb), 8 bones

Other Junk:

Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Decamodifier,
10-Gallon Hats x7 (Grants wearer tourist effect, causing no one to take them seriously, headwear),
Shiny Gold Rocks x2 (Worth 1 gold at most stores, 5 at magic stores),

20640791541_b746b8b19f_t.jpg

Avalanche
, the Super Sleuth
(Dragonfire)

30 years old male yeti Raider
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Ice
*Counterstriking*

Level 18

Power:
(17+9)

Health:
/32
(17+14+1*)

SP:

Gold:

Equipment:
Frostbite (halberd, WP:9, damages undead), Counterstrike Gloves (after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to the damage taken), Yeti Fur Coat (SP:12; immunity to Ice, suitable for yetis only; bodywear.)

Artefacts/Weapons:
Trollsbane (club, WP:7,
earth
-elemental), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with less than half of the wearer's level are scared and won't directly attack the wearer, bodywear), Decamodifier
, , Whip(WP:5; suitable for rogues, artisans, beast warriors, harlots, marauders and necromancers.),
Heavy Armour (immune to fragile, SP:5)

Consumables:
3x Potion, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mulled Wine, Phoenix Essence, 2x Phoenix Incense, 4x Venom, 2x Nostrum, Mead, Smelling Salts, Skeleton Decoy, 7x Bone, Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect),
Neutralizer, Nostrum, Venom

Bombs:
2x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Holy Bomb, Pumpkin Bomb (causes the stunned-, blinded-, poisoned by 1-, asleep-, sealed- and confused- effects to all opponents), Fishy meat (restores full health when consumed),
1x Skadi bomb,

16895570282_2f08bd649b_t.jpg

Calamity
(Scubacarrot)

24 year old human Mage

Level 13

Power bonus:
10 (spell)

Health:
16/16

Ether:
10/18

Gold:

Equipment:
Renegade’s Crook
(WP: 10, successful healing also poisons the target’s weapon by 3, staff)
Magician's Glove
(+10 spell power)
(loaned from Warlen)
Devilish Pointy Hat
(Max Ether +2, demon-type enemies are automatically enamored with the wearer for 3 rounds at the start of battle, suitable for mages, necromancers, and weather mages, headwear)

Inventory:
Bedroll, 7x Potion, 3x Tonic, 3x Remedy, Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the Blinded-effect to the target, making it unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.),
Amethyst
, Skull-Topped Staff (WP: 3, staff), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Garnet (loaned from Warlen),
Gold skin Gloves
(Spell power +2, Usable by mages, Handwear), Topaz,
Focus Sash
(Gains +2 Defense for every successful hit, resets to zero when hit or when the battle ends, accessory, suitable for babarians, mages, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, regulators, vindicators, and winged warriors, and paragons), Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect),
Ornate dagger (WP:7; suitable for mages, rogues, alchemists, harlots, infiltrators, marauders and regulators.),
Scroll of Confusion, Aquamarine, Smoke Bomb

traci.png

"I don't know if I could do that." She shifts uncomfortably. "Are you sure? Well, alright. Thank you very much. I'm sure we'll see each other again."

"I hope so as well, Traci." Annienal smiled. "Thank you for your assistance, it was most appreciated." With a final wave to the new allies she'd met, Annienal headed for the docks, hoping to one day see them again. She kept her eyes to the clear blue skies, feeling somewhat more confident with her sea legs on her way back to Eubric.

OOC: Thanks for the quest, KotZ, I had a lot of fun! I'll have some thoughts up in a bit, but for now I just wanted to thank you for hosting!

"Here's the armor back." Jackson returns Avalanche's armor. "I should have enough money to buy some new armor for myself. Thank you for letting me borrow it."

"You're welcome," the yeti replies, stashing it away in his haversack. He nods to the other soldiers, Luke, the Captain and the Mayor before turning and following Annie towards the ship. He allows himself a small smile of satisfaction - another quest, done and dusted.

For some reason, I thought it was going to go on for much longer and the final battle was going to be against these wizards - that's why Avalanche was acting as if Luthan's bandits were only the first wave - so that ending surprised me. Anyway, thanks for a great quest KotZ :sweet::thumbup: