Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #146: Red is the Bloodiest Color

Sorry, updates are going to be slow for the next two weeks. My phone was stolen this weekend, and I have a horrilbe amount of work I need to do for my classes. I'll try to update tomorrow or Wednesday.

Sorry, updates are going to be slow for the next two weeks. My phone was stolen this weekend, and I have a horrilbe amount of work I need to do for my classes. I'll try to update tomorrow or Wednesday.

That's too bad :sceptic: It's fine though.

I promise you guys will have an update tonght around 10 my time. Today is the most difficult day for the week and a half so after today updates will be smoother. Sorry for the delay.

Captain, do you have a map to show us where these raiders last came from? If not, is there any area on the island that would allow the pirates to both land their boats and make it to town fairly quickly? If they're using hit and run tactics like I remember you saying, then we could easily set up a trap for them on the beaches and catch them before they land on shore. At least... it seems far less complicated than, um, training villagers and fortifying the village..."

grayson.png

"I do, in fact," Captain Greyson says as he reaches into a pouch and produces the map. "You see Tridentia here?" Most of the time, their boats approach from the southeast if they're going to make landfall. Only once when they came ashore did they send a small group to flank us. That group crossed across the forest and attacked from the northwest. Otherwise, they've been on their ships at most ten miles north, which is the the direction most of the shipping lanes go."

TridentiaMap_zpsb978c53b.jpg

"I was thinking just dropping a few big boulders in the harbour before they get here."

luke.png

"That could work."

"So... you'd rather leave the village and its inhabitants absolutely defenceless on the off-chance that you can predict the raiders' actions?"

"We're not here to arm a city that cannot arm itself. What exactly are the villagers going to fight with, pitchforks? Cutlery? Besides, Mayor Morris has told us that these men only occasionally come to shore, and when they do they deploy hit and run tactics, very quick strikes that are used to grab what they can and get out. They mainly attack Tridentia's ships. Why would we focus on arming a village when our focus should be stopping their vessels, and their men, from coming ashore?

jackson.png

"I'm not a big fan of leaving us defenseless. We need some training on the others."

rex.png

"We could always have some barricades," Rex starts, "and have some armed men here and place the rest of us on the merchant ships."

grayson.png

"Keep going..."

rex.png

"Well, what we could do is make sure us here are up to snuff. Then Traci and Jackson are assigned to ships and they train their own forces, maybe six or so men per ship. Then you and I lead the defenses on the island. My cannon can do some good work, but if they get close, that would be your specialty. And when some ships aren't being sent out, their defense forces are stationed on the island."

grayson.png

"That could work. Thoughts, Heroes?"

"Well, what we could do is make sure us here are up to snuff. Then Traci and Jackson are assigned to ships and they train their own forces, maybe six or so men per ship. Then you and I lead the defenses on the island. My cannon can do some good work, but if they get close, that would be your specialty. And when some ships aren't being sent out, their defense forces are stationed on the island."

Avalanche begins to nod, "Good idea. Let's start training now. Afterwards, why don't you take half the able-bodied villagers and start work on the barricades, while Traci and Jackson begin training the others on the ships."

Annienal sighed. She looked defeated. "Well... I suppose I'm willing to compromise if that's what you all want."

rex.png

"Don't think of it as a compromise, Annie. Think of it as... well, I guess it is a compromise."

"I, um, don't really think that's going to help us. Like, um... at all." Annienal remarks.

Avalanche fidgets impatiently with the head of his halberd, waiting for something to happen.

Calamity powers up a ball of dark energy. She grins.

"Who wants to start dodge-training first?"

rex.png

"Oh, I like this already."

grayson.png

"Alright you three," the captain calls out, "form up! Luke, get in there too! Let's see what you can do."

Rex, Traci, Jackson and Luke have left the party.

The four Tridentians all drink down an ambrosia, mulled wine and soma that the captain hands them.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

The Enemies

jackson.png

Jackson *Blessed* *Reinforced* *Inspired*

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
58/58

SP:

SPECIAL:
Aura -
Jackson's current health doubles for the rest of the round. He keeps whatever is not above the maximum at the end.

Drops
: Nothing

traci.png

Traci
*1/2 chance to prevent blinded*
*Blessed* *Reinforced* *Inspired*

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health
72/72

Ether
:
18/18

SP:

SPECIAL:
Guardian Angel -
All party members are protected from damage and negative effects next round

Drops:
Nothing

rex.png

Rex
*Immuned to weakened*

Type: Humanoid

Level:

Health:
52/52

SP
: 10

Power:

SPECIAL:
Barrage -
The Hero is struck by Rex three times

Drops:
Nothing

luke.png

Luke Zent *Immune to Cursed and Blinded*

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
48/48

Ether:
24/24

SPECIAL:
Miracle -
All party members are healed by 28HP

Drops:
Nothing

The Party

18717533121_e5362cca03_t.jpg

Annienal Anavir
(Kintobor)

"19" year old elven female Mystic Knight
*Bonaparte Reputation* *Immunity toSudden Death and
Fragile
* *Takes half damage from elemental attacks*

Level 19

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
33/34

Ether:
5/19

Gold:

Equipment:
Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:10, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes; longsword), Crescent Shield (SP: 9, Halved Damage from elemental attacks; shield),

Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immunity to fragile, body wear, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators, and vindicators), Lethauros Fellwings (SP: 3, wearer is immune to Sudden Death, backwear

Inventory:
Ammit (WP: 6; greatsword, user gains 5 ether for every kill), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8, deals damage undead; great sword), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, Hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), Training Sword (WP:4), Shark’s Tooth (Power increased by 5 against Aquatics, Accessory), Tridentian Cape (Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear), ), Tobacco Pouch (1/2 Chance of
Blinding
with attacks, accessory),
Pauldrons (SP: 2, suitable for knights, dragoons, and skirmishers; accessory), Plain Shield (SP: 5), Lethauros Mask (SP: 2, wearer deals double damage to Beasts and Vermin, headwear, suitable to everyone), Locustoid Greaves (Max Ether +4, immune to Earth, suitable to ether users, footwear), Tap Shoes (Footwear; Has a 1/6 chance of dealing the Enamored effect on each attack), Gnarled wand (WP: 7, deals Wood damage; Wand, suitable for ether users)

Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Mythril Shard, Ruby

Consumables:
2x Potions, 2x Grand Potions, Grand Tonics x2, Phoenix Essence, 4x Remedies, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope
Pickaxe, 4 Depleted Ether Cores (Restores half the user's max ether), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Tonic, Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect)

Scrolls:
Scroll of Fire Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to fire for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Ice Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to ice for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Water Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to water for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Wood Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to wood for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether),
Lapis Lamp of Summoning (Summons the djinn Mayrene to conjure an Ethereal Barrier around the target at the cost of 5 ether, giving them a 50/50 chance to avoid Damage, Free Hits, and Special Damage. The barrier dissipates when the target takes damage from any source.)

Roleplay:
Underdeveloped Organ

344AC380-52F7-4663-A091-9D3206218910_zpsuwjcvltv.jpg

Warlen Melimane, Eulalia's Knight
(The Chosen Minifigure) *Party Leader*

23 year old male half-elf Mystic Knight

Level 21.66
*Immune to
Ether Reduction
Cursed
defense!* *
+1 POWER
whenever a party member rolls
DAMAGE
/
SPECIAL DAMAGE
*1/6 chance to redirect Free Hits*

Power Bonus:

Health:
33/33 (5+20+7+1
)

SP:
10 (6+4)

Ether:
13/27 (5+20+1+1)

Gold:

Glory Points (GP):

Equipment:
Healing Staff (WP: 7, staff, heals instead of damaging)
, Eulalia Shield (SP: 6, prevents ether reduction), Vorpalis Diremail (SP: 4, enemies that inflict damage on the wearer become Cursed, bodywear), Vorpalis Purgers (Power +0; goes up by 1 every time a someone in the hero's party/the hero themselves rolls damage/special damage. Resets to zero if the wearer is knocked out or if the battle ends. Legwear),
Wizard's Hat of Quick Reading
(SP:1; [
Scroll of
Frailty
]; one scroll can be attached to the hat outside of battle. During battle it can be used in addition to a normal action once per round; suitable to classes with ether;
headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:
The Cannonblade (Can be used as a longsword or handcannon, WP: 9. Ignores SP in sword mode, deals Bleeding 1 in cannon mode),
Rusty Dagger (WP:2, poison 10, breaks after 3 uses).

Artifacts:
Counterstrike Gloves, Magician's Glove
(+10 spell power), Locustoid Greaves (+4 ether, suitable for ether users), Lethauros Ring (Health and Ether +5. Suitable for anyone, accessory),
Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent),

Spellbook:

Amethyst
Aquamarine
Emerald
Ruby
Sapphire
Garnet
Opal
Topaz
Diamond

Scroll of
Sleep
Scroll of
Antimagic,

Consumables:

Potion x2, Grand Potion x5, First Aid Kit (Full Health and remove negative effects for the whole party), Health Core, Tonic x5, Grand Tonic x2, Remedy x8, Banana (Full Health),
Milk x2 (+15 HP and Ether),
Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense,
Hurricane x3 (Grants
*Drunk*
effect. If user makes pun every round, the strength of their attack is doubled),
Mead x2, Smelling Salts x4
Gold Ring (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver),
Electro Bomb (25 electric damage to all enemies, bomb), Frostbite Capsule (10 ice damage, bomb),
Smoke Bomb x3, Fishy meat (restores full health when consumed), Soma, Ether core

Other Junk:

Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Decamodifier,
10-Gallon Hats x7 (Grants wearer tourist effect, causing no one to take them seriously, headwear),
Bones x8, Shiny Gold Rocks x2 (Worth 1 gold at most stores, 5 at magic stores),

20640791541_b746b8b19f_t.jpg

Avalanche
, the Super Sleuth
(Dragonfire)

30 years old male yeti Raider
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Ice
*Counterstriking*

Level 17

Power:
(17+9)

Health:
32/32
(17+14+1*)

SP:

Gold:

Equipment:
Frostbite (halberd, WP:9, damages undead), Counterstrike Gloves (after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to the damage taken), Yeti Fur Coat (SP:12; immunity to Ice, suitable for yetis only; bodywear.)

Artefacts/Weapons:
Trollsbane (club, WP:7,
earth
-elemental), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with less than half of the wearer's level are scared and won't directly attack the wearer, bodywear), Decamodifier
, Heavy Armour (immune to fragile, SP:5), Whip(WP:5; suitable for rogues, artisans, beast warriors, harlots, marauders and necromancers.)

Consumables:
3x Potion, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mulled Wine, 2x Phoenix Essence, 2x Phoenix Incense, 4x Venom, 3x Nostrum, Mead, Smelling Salts, Skeleton Decoy, 7x Bone, Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect)

Bombs:
2x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Holy Bomb, Pumpkin Bomb (causes the stunned-, blinded-, poisoned by 1-, asleep-, sealed- and confused- effects to all opponents), Fishy meat (restores full health when consumed),

16895570282_2f08bd649b_t.jpg

Calamity
(Scubacarrot)

24 year old human Mage

Level 12

Power bonus:
10 (spell)

Health:
12/16

Ether:
18/18

Gold:

Equipment:
Renegade’s Crook
(WP: 10, successful healing also poisons the target’s weapon by 3, staff)
Magician's Glove
(+10 spell power)
(loaned from Warlen)
Devilish Pointy Hat
(Max Ether +2, demon-type enemies are automatically enamored with the wearer for 3 rounds at the start of battle, suitable for mages, necromancers, and weather mages, headwear)

Inventory:
Bedroll, 7x Potion, 3x Tonic, 3x Remedy, Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the Blinded-effect to the target, making it unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.),
Amethyst
, Skull-Topped Staff (WP: 3, staff), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Garnet (loaned from Warlen),
Gold skin Gloves
(Spell power +2, Usable by mages, Handwear), Topaz,
Focus Sash
(Gains +2 Defense for every successful hit, resets to zero when hit or when the battle ends, accessory, suitable for babarians, mages, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, regulators, vindicators, and winged warriors, and paragons), Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect)

PArty leader, please choose a battle order. Everyone please choose a row and action.

The rest of the quest should go relatively smoothly regarding real life, everything has mostly settled down now.

Annienal draws her sword.

"Um... I'll try and, um, focus on Traci.

Um... I'll, um, try and make sure this doesn't hurt too much..."

Annienal strikes Traci from the front row.

So noww I'm in the clear. Two short films are done shooting and my life is 100% easier now. If Scubacarrot doesn't post soon, TheChosenMinifigure can choose Calamity's action/row.

Round 1 of Training

Annie vs Traci: Hit (20+19=39dmg; 39-8=31dmg; 72-31=41HP)

Avalanche drinks a Nostrum: becomes Lucky

Warlen casts Frail on Jackson: Failure (Needs to roll an even, rolled a 5)

Warlen vs Jackson: Deflected Damage (needs to roll a 6 to deflect, rolled a 5; Warlen gains +1 power; 16/2=8dmg; 8-10=0 dmg)

Calamity vs Luke (back): Hit (20+12=32x2=64dmg; 48-64=0HP; Luke KO’d)

Rex vs Annie: Free Hit (18-17=1dmg; 33-1=32HP)

Traci gains 7HP (41+7=48HP)

Both sides take to training with great speed. Annie targets the paladin and manages to land a strong hit. Warlen struggles on his end with the warden. Calamity downs Luke in one hit. Rex barely grazes Annie with a shot from his cannon.

The Enemies

jackson.png

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
58/58

SP:

SPECIAL:
Aura -
Jackson's current health doubles for the rest of the round. He keeps whatever is not above the maximum at the end.

Drops

traci.png

Traci

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health
48/72

Ether
:
18/18

SP:

SPECIAL:
Guardian Angel -

Drops:
Nothing

rex.png

Rex
*Immuned to weakened*

Level:

Health:
52/52

SP

Power:

SPECIAL:
Barrage -

Drops:
Nothing

The Party

Annienal Anavir
(Kintobor)

Fragile

Level 19

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
32/34

Ether:
5/19

Gold:

Equipment:
Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:10, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes; longsword), Crescent Shield (SP: 9, Halved Damage from elemental attacks; shield),

Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immunity to fragile, body wear, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators, and vindicators), Lethauros Fellwings (SP: 3, wearer is immune to Sudden Death, backwear

Inventory:
Ammit (WP: 6; greatsword, user gains 5 ether for every kill), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8, deals damage undead; great sword), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, Hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), Training Sword (WP:4), Shark’s Tooth (Power increased by 5 against Aquatics, Accessory), Tridentian Cape (Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear), ), Tobacco Pouch (1/2 Chance of
Blinding
Pauldrons (SP: 2, suitable for knights, dragoons, and skirmishers; accessory), Plain Shield (SP: 5), Lethauros Mask (SP: 2, wearer deals double damage to Beasts and Vermin, headwear, suitable to everyone), Locustoid Greaves (Max Ether +4, immune to Earth, suitable to ether users, footwear), Tap Shoes (Footwear; Has a 1/6 chance of dealing the Enamored effect on each attack), Gnarled wand (WP: 7, deals Wood damage; Wand, suitable for ether users)

Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Mythril Shard, Ruby

Consumables:
2x Potions, 2x Grand Potions, Grand Tonics x2, Phoenix Essence, 4x Remedies, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope
Pickaxe, 4 Depleted Ether Cores (Restores half the user's max ether), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Tonic, Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect)

Scrolls:
Scroll of Fire Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to fire for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Ice Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to ice for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Water Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to water for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Wood Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to wood for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether),
Lapis Lamp of Summoning (Summons the djinn Mayrene to conjure an Ethereal Barrier around the target at the cost of 5 ether, giving them a 50/50 chance to avoid Damage, Free Hits, and Special Damage. The barrier dissipates when the target takes damage from any source.)

Roleplay:
Underdeveloped Organ

Level 21.66
*Immune to
Ether Reduction
Cursed
defense!* *
+1 POWER
DAMAGE
/
SPECIAL DAMAGE

Power Bonus: 1

Health:
33/33 (5+20+7+1
)

SP:
10 (6+4)

Ether:
11/27 (5+20+1+1)

Gold:

Glory Points (GP):

Equipment:
, Eulalia Shield (SP: 6, prevents ether reduction), Vorpalis Diremail (SP: 4, enemies that inflict damage on the wearer become Cursed, bodywear), Vorpalis Purgers (Power +0; goes up by 1 every time a someone in the hero's party/the hero themselves rolls damage/special damage. Resets to zero if the wearer is knocked out or if the battle ends. Legwear),
Scroll of
Frailty
]; one scroll can be attached to the hat outside of battle. During battle it can be used in addition to a normal action once per round; suitable to classes with ether;
headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:
The Cannonblade (Can be used as a longsword or handcannon, WP: 9. Ignores SP in sword mode, deals Bleeding 1 in cannon mode),

Artifacts:
(+10 spell power), Locustoid Greaves (+4 ether, suitable for ether users), Lethauros Ring (Health and Ether +5. Suitable for anyone, accessory),
Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent),

Spellbook:

Amethyst
Aquamarine
Emerald
Ruby
Sapphire
Garnet
Opal
Topaz
Diamond

Scroll of
Sleep
Scroll of
Antimagic,

Consumables:

Potion x2, Grand Potion x5, First Aid Kit (Full Health and remove negative effects for the whole party), Health Core, Tonic x5, Grand Tonic x2, Remedy x8, Banana (Full Health),
Hurricane x3 (Grants
*Drunk*
effect. If user makes pun every round, the strength of their attack is doubled),
Gold Ring (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver),
Electro Bomb (25 electric damage to all enemies, bomb), Frostbite Capsule (10 ice damage, bomb),
Smoke Bomb x3, Fishy meat (restores full health when consumed), Soma, Ether core

Other Junk:

Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Decamodifier,
10-Gallon Hats x7 (Grants wearer tourist effect, causing no one to take them seriously, headwear),

Avalanche
, the Super Sleuth
(Dragonfire)

*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Ice
*Counterstriking*
*Lucky*

Level 17

Power:
(17+9)

Health:
32/32
(17+14+1*)

SP:

Gold:

Equipment:
Frostbite (halberd, WP:9, damages undead), Counterstrike Gloves (after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to the damage taken), Yeti Fur Coat (SP:12; immunity to Ice, suitable for yetis only; bodywear.)

Artefacts/Weapons:
earth
-elemental), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with less than half of the wearer's level are scared and won't directly attack the wearer, bodywear), Decamodifier
, Heavy Armour (immune to fragile, SP:5), Whip(WP:5; suitable for rogues, artisans, beast warriors, harlots, marauders and necromancers.)

Consumables:
3x Potion, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mulled Wine, 2x Phoenix Essence, 2x Phoenix Incense, 4x Venom, 2x Nostrum, Mead, Smelling Salts, Skeleton Decoy, 7x Bone, Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect)

Bombs:
2x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Holy Bomb, Pumpkin Bomb (causes the stunned-, blinded-, poisoned by 1-, asleep-, sealed- and confused- effects to all opponents), Fishy meat (restores full health when consumed),

Calamity
(Scubacarrot)

24 year old human Mage

Level 12

Power bonus:
10 (spell)

Health:
12/16

Ether:
17/18

Gold:

Equipment:
Renegade’s Crook
Magician's Glove
(+10 spell power)
(loaned from Warlen)
Devilish Pointy Hat
(Max Ether +2, demon-type enemies are automatically enamored with the wearer for 3 rounds at the start of battle, suitable for mages, necromancers, and weather mages, headwear)

Inventory:
Bedroll, 7x Potion, 3x Tonic, 3x Remedy, Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the Blinded-effect to the target, making it unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.),
Amethyst
, Skull-Topped Staff (WP: 3, staff), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Garnet (loaned from Warlen),
Gold skin Gloves
Focus Sash
(Gains +2 Defense for every successful hit, resets to zero when hit or when the battle ends, accessory, suitable for babarians, mages, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, regulators, vindicators, and winged warriors, and paragons), Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect)

PArty leader, please choose a battle order. Everyone please choose a row and action.

Avalanche feels a warm sensation slip down his throat, sending fire surging through his body and invigorating him with a newfound recklessness. Drawing Frostbite, he attacks Traci from the front row.

Annie sighs in relief over not getting hit with the cannonball. "Um, that was a good shot, Rex. You came close. Um, Luke.... Luke?" Annie noticed him on the ground. "Oh dear, um, guys, don't tell Vindsval about this. At all... um, Traci, keep your shield up, and, um, make sure to ice your wounds!"

Annienal attacks Traci again from the front row.

Round 2 of Training

Annie vs Traci: Guardian Angel (All of the enemies are protected from damage and negative effects next round; Warlen gains +1 power)

Avalanche vs Traci: Extra Critical Hit (Rolled a 2 and 3, 2 was selected; 9x3=27+17=44dmg; 44-8=36 dmg; 48-36=12HP)

Warlen casts Frail on Jackson: Success (Needed to roll an even, rolled a 4; Jackson is Fragile; 11-1=10 ether)

Warlen vs Jackson: Deflected damage (needs to roll a six to deflect, rolled a 1; Warlen gains +1 power; 16/2=8dmg; 8-10=0 dmg)

Calamity vs Rex (back): Barrage (Calamity is struck three times by Rex; 16x3=48; 12-48=0; Calamity KO’d; Warlen gains +1 power)

Traci gains 7HP (12+7=19HP)

The Tridentians gain the upperhand this round. Traci manages to call upon Ennoc to protect her friends the next round of attacks. As she does, Avalanche comes in and critically injures her. Warlen succeeds in casting his scroll but Jackson still manages to break through the lines and smash into Warlen. Luckily Warlen’s armor absorbs the blow. Calamity, her attention taken by the unconscious Luke doesn’t see Rex level his cannon at her. In a somewhat cheap shot, Rex brings the mage down.

The Enemies

jackson.png

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
58/58

SP:

SPECIAL:
Aura -

Drops

traci.png

Traci

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health
19/72

Ether
:
18/18

SP:

SPECIAL:
Guardian Angel -

Drops:
Nothing

rex.png

Rex
*Immuned to weakened*

Level:

Health:
52/52

SP

Power:

SPECIAL:
Barrage -

Drops:
Nothing

The Party

Annienal Anavir
(Kintobor)

Fragile

Level 19

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
32/34

Ether:
5/19

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Blinding

Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Mythril Shard, Ruby

Consumables:

Scrolls:

Roleplay:
Underdeveloped Organ

Level 21.66
*Immune to
Ether Reduction
Cursed
defense!* *
+1 POWER
DAMAGE
/
SPECIAL DAMAGE

Power Bonus: 4

Health:
33/33 (5+20+7+1
)

SP:
10 (6+4)

Ether:
10/27 (5+20+1+1)

Gold:

Glory Points (GP):

Equipment:
Scroll of
Frailty
headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:

Artifacts:

Spellbook:

Amethyst
Aquamarine
Emerald
Ruby
Sapphire
Garnet
Opal
Topaz
Diamond

Scroll of
Sleep
Scroll of
Antimagic,

Consumables:

Hurricane x3 (Grants
*Drunk*

Other Junk:

Avalanche
, the Super Sleuth
(Dragonfire)

*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Ice
*Counterstriking*
*Lucky*

Level 17

Power:
(17+9)

Health:
32/32
(17+14+1*)

SP:

Gold:

Equipment:

Artefacts/Weapons:
earth

Consumables:
3x Potion, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mulled Wine, 2x Phoenix Essence, 2x Phoenix Incense, 4x Venom, 2x Nostrum, Mead, Smelling Salts, Skeleton Decoy, 7x Bone, Wine from the Vine (Consumable, restores full health, but causes Confused effect)

Bombs:

Calamity
(Scubacarrot)
KO'd

24 year old human Mage

Level 12

Power bonus:
10 (spell)

Health:
0/16

Ether:
17/18

Gold:

Equipment:
Renegade’s Crook
Magician's Glove
(+10 spell power)
(loaned from Warlen)
Devilish Pointy Hat

Inventory:
Amethyst
Gold skin Gloves
Focus Sash

Avalanche allows himself a moment of satisfaction as he lands a solid hit on Traci, only to see Calamity go down. Realising he has the most Phoenix Essences of the party, he uses a Phoenix Essence on Calamity (from the back row).