Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #146: Red is the Bloodiest Color

traci.png

"Where shall we head first?"

"We could split up. We'd cover more ground quicker. I can take Traci to the Shrine."

"You're an megablocks, Warlen."

"Quit foalin' around."

"We could split up. We'd cover more ground quicker. I can take Traci to the Shrine."

"Sounds good to me. Jackson, you say you can talk to horses, can you come with me to the Animal Place, whatever it's called..."

"Quit foalin' around."

traci.png

"This mare may not be a good idea..." Traci adds.

grayson.png

"Alright, eveyrone, rein it in."

jackson.png

"Warlen and anyone else who wants to come, follow me." Warlen, Jackson and whoever follows heads to the animal pens.

traci.png

"Same thing for me and Annie," Traci states. She, Annie and whoever follows heads to the Shrine.

luke.png

Luke turns to Calamity and says, "I'll head wherever you want."

pasture.png

Back at the pens, the animals mill about as they were when the Heroes last saw them.

jackson.png

"So what do I need to say to them?"

ennocshrine.png

The shrine has been left undisturbed.

traci.png

"So what was exactly the problem?"

The shrine has been left undisturbed.

traci.png

"So what was exactly the problem?"

Annienal puts a sign on the building. "I was told that the sign blew off the building, somehow..."

Edited by Kintobor

traci.png

"So you guys didn't put any money or food?" Traci moves around to the back of the shrine. "That would have been the easiest way, but since you guys are here to help us, I'll show you an easier way."

She reaches behind the shrine. "There's a... hang on let me find it... a button... somewhe-Got it!" Traci presses something and the entire shrine shudders. "That should do it."

Traci takes one of the posters and places it on the wall. It sticks.

"The shrine only accepts donations of food or money," the paladin continues. "We had a bird problem a few weeks ago so I put a spell on the shrine to accept only those things in the immediate area. 5 gold or two items of food would have sufficed and pleased the shrine to let you do whatever you need. Or you could have just pressed the button behind that activates and deactivates the spell."

Traci takes one of the posters and places it on the wall. It sticks.

"The shrine only accepts donations of food or money," the paladin continues. "We had a bird problem a few weeks ago so I put a spell on the shrine to accept only those things in the immediate area. 5 gold or two items of food would have sufficed and pleased the shrine to let you do whatever you need. Or you could have just pressed the button behind that activates and deactivates the spell."

Annienal peers behind the shrine, looking somewhat shocked. "There was a switch? Awww... well, I guess it's not really my fault for not realizing it. I, um, wasn't the one who tried putting the sign on here." Annienal snickered. She reaches into her bag and drops 5 gold in, just for good measure.

pasture.png

Back at the pens, the animals mill about as they were when the Heroes last saw them.

jackson.png

"So what do I need to say to them?"

"Well, I suppose, just ask them (preferably politely) if they could leave the poster on the pen, and if not, ask why? Hades, tell them I'll throw in a Potion if they want one."

jackson.png

<Hey there, my little animal friends. Would you mind if my companion here put up a poster or two?>

rudyhoff.png

<Finally! Someone who actually has manners around here. They just kept placing those things up without asking.>

jackson.png

<Did they not try to talk?>

rudyhoff.png

<They did, they just didn't have the ability. But, since you asked nicely, place them up.>

Jackson then places the two posters.

The inventory now looks like:

poster.pngLacy's Information Posters (0), quest item

Locations to place:

Mary Lancaster's Bakery (1) - Completed

Pillars at Dock (2) - Completed

Animal Pens (2) - Completed

Old Man Kendall's Back (1) - Completed

Shrine of Ennoc (1) - Completed

jackson.png

"If that's all of them, let's head back to Lacy and the Mayor."

Avalanche smiles somewhat gratefully at Traci, "We tried putting bones and potions on the plate... looks like that was a bad idea. Thanks." He adds, "Let's find Lacy and claim whatever reward she has in store."

Avalanche smiles somewhat gratefully at Traci, "We tried putting bones and potions on the plate... looks like that was a bad idea. Thanks." He adds, "Let's find Lacy and claim whatever reward she has in store."

Annienal furrowed her brow. "Um... that's just really stupid. Was it your idea or Warlen's?"

Slowly, the Heroes and their trainees meander back to the town square to find William and Lacy waiting for them. Many citizens were milling about, moving wood, organizing iron pieces. The town was positively busy.

williammorris.png

"So how'd it go, Heroes?" the mayor asks. "Rex and the captain came by a few hours ago and told me what to do, but I'd like to here it from you. Rex is down by the docks inspecting the area and seeing the best place for cannoneers to be placed."

lacylane.png

"No nicks or scratches, that's a good thing," Lacy says as she looks over her adopted son.

luke.png

Luke tries to brush Lacy off of him.

Annienal furrowed her brow. "Um... that's just really stupid. Was it your idea or Warlen's?"

"Well... it was kind of a joint decision, if you know what I mean..." Avalanche breaks off as they approach the mayor and his wife, "It went well, thanks. We managed to put all of your posters up, Mistress Lacy, and then we had a good training session with the militia - but we had to rescue them from some demonic plants first, you should really get that forest checked out!"

"Well... it was kind of a joint decision, if you know what I mean..."

It takes Annienal a moment to register what Avalanche states. "Are you saying you're both equally stupid? Can you estimate how stupid the two of you are combined. This is, um, sort of important."

williammorris.png

"So how'd it go, Heroes?" the mayor asks. "Rex and the captain came by a few hours ago and told me what to do, but I'd like to here it from you. Rex is down by the docks inspecting the area and seeing the best place for cannoneers to be placed."

"Um... it went alright." Annienal replies. "What exactly did the captain tell you do?"

Edited by Kintobor

It takes Annienal a moment to register what Avalanche states. "Are you saying you're both equally stupid? Can you estimate how stupid the two of you are combined. This is, um, sort of important."

"Why's it important? And I don't understand why you even think it's stupid. We worked out that you had to give offerings, and we started a process of trial and error... You're too quick to criticise us for failing when you and Calamity were equally unlucky over at the animal pens. By your logic, we're all equally stupid," Avalanche is quickly exasperated by the fairly whimsical nature of the conversation.

"Yes, yes, you're all stupid, very good. I think I'm going to help Rex. If I am going to shoot bolts at people, I want to be sure I am at least well protected to a degree." Calamity goes off to help Rex set up defenses for ranged defenders.

"Why's it important? And I don't understand why you even think it's stupid. We worked out that you had to give offerings, and we started a process of trial and error... You're too quick to criticise us for failing when you and Calamity were equally unlucky over at the animal pens. By your logic, we're all equally stupid," Avalanche is quickly exasperated by the fairly whimsical nature of the conversation.

"I, uh..." Annienal seems rather flustered by the line of questioning. "It's for, um, reasons."

"Yes, yes, you're all stupid, very good. I think I'm going to help Rex. If I am going to shoot bolts at people, I want to be sure I am at least well protected to a degree." Calamity goes off to help Rex set up defenses for ranged defenders.

"I, um, thought she'd never leave." Annienal replies softly, lowering her helmet's visor as she did so.

Warlen stares befuddledly at his party, trying and completely failing to make sense of what was being said.

"Ummmnnn... ok, right... guys, I hate to be the voice of reason, but I think we need to not do this right now. Maybe. I got lost a while back, but basically, concentrate. Or maybe I just need to do that. I'm really not sure. Just try and work together, or something along those lines. Or not, whatever. Maybe."

"I, uh..." Annienal seems rather flustered by the line of questioning. "It's for, um, reasons."

Avalanche suddenly grasps it - or rather he thinks he does. He decides it would be better to remain quiet for now.

Warlen stares befuddledly at his party, trying and completely failing to make sense of what was being said.

"Ummmnnn... ok, right... guys, I hate to be the voice of reason, but I think we need to not do this right now. Maybe. I got lost a while back, but basically, concentrate. Or maybe I just need to do that. I'm really not sure. Just try and work together, or something along those lines. Or not, whatever. Maybe."

Muttering under his breath, "She's the one calling us stupid," Avalanche nods in agreement, "We need to work together more than ever. Mr. Mayor, is there anywhere you'd like us to be?" He also wonders whether they would get any kind of reward for helping Lacy put up the posters.

...we had to rescue them from some demonic plants first, you should really get that forest checked out!"

williammorris.png

"It's still cursed?" William shakes his head and sighs. "That forest has given us more problems than I wish to go into."

"Um... it went alright." Annienal replies. "What exactly did the captain tell you do?"

williammorris.png

"He told me to start organizing the town into groups. One group goes and collects as much wood as they can to erect the defenses. The second group is to organize ore for weapons. We have a third that is the actual building crew. They're digging the holes and defenses." He looks to Traci and Jackson. "You two are welcome to pull whoever you need from the work groups or crews for your trainees."

Muttering under his breath, "She's the one calling us stupid," Avalanche nods in agreement, "We need to work together more than ever. Mr. Mayor, is there anywhere you'd like us to be?" He also wonders whether they would get any kind of reward for helping Lacy put up the posters.

williammorris.png

"You're welcome to wheerever, Heroes. Although, If you could talk to some of our villagers with Traci and Jackson and convince them to join the militia, I would be very gracious."

lacylane.png

"Oh you did set up all the posters? Oh thank you. Here's your reward, 20 gold coins for each."

luke.png

Luke goes and follows Calamity to the docks.

QM Note: Calamity, be expecting a PM very soon for your side quest.

But before the Heroes can go talk to the villagers, they see-- or rather hear-- a thunderous noise coming from the docks. High above, a lone cannonball flies up in the air.

williammorris.png

"What's going on over there?"

Without replying, Avalanche shoulders his weapons and begins to jog towards the Docks.