Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Vignette: Ronin Rumble

This is my first proper MOC. I know it isn't that good, but I find it quite entertaining :-D

Three ninja sneak up a tower, intent on stealing a skilled ronin's valuable treasure, which was passed from generation to generation. The ronin is not goning to stand by and let them take it though- hence, the ronin rumble begins >:-)

I'm still having problems with brickshelf, so I've used imageshack again |-/

Anyway, here it is:

dscf1507us9.th.jpg

A view of the whole thing

dscf1528lx1.th.jpg

Two of the ninja get a nasty surprise - in the form of an angry samurai with a katana 8-

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

That was very nice work, especially if you say it is your first vignette *y*

Very good and detailed scenario, and ninja vs samurai is always a great theme. Are you a fan of Naruto?

LuxorV

Definitely not bad for a first try! It's a nice little scene that really tells its own story. A big thumbs up from me! *y*

I did have a question though... Why does a Japanese samurai have a Chinese style helmet?

A very fine and classical vig indeed! *y*

And Frisian, I think that conical hat was very common in Japan too....

22891034.jpg

And Frisian, I think that conical hat was very common in Japan too....

You're quite right! The wiki article even states that the Japanese also had a military version made of lacquered hardened leather. How interesting, I've never heard of that one before! I always associated samurai with headgear similar to that seen in the LEGO Ninja theme.

Very awesome vig TinyPiesRUs! *sweet*

Great to see the ninjas again, and a very intriguing scenario! *y*

But those Ninjas better win! Ninjas are way better! >:-)

TTFN! >:-)

Awesome job! Very detailed, and some nice action going on! Keep up the good work!

And Batbrick, I did some study on ninjas. They are not really better than samurai, as they mainly work in espionage, assassination, sabotage and scouting. Also, their swords sucked. If they killed a samurai, they would take his sword, because it was way better than his. Trust me, I did an eight minute speech on this.

Actually, it was mainly listing off ninja weapons, but hey.

~Peace.

Awesome job! Very detailed, and some nice action going on! Keep up the good work!

And Batbrick, I did some study on ninjas. They are not really better than samurai, as they mainly work in espionage, assassination, sabotage and scouting. Also, their swords sucked. If they killed a samurai, they would take his sword, because it was way better than his. Trust me, I did an eight minute speech on this.

Actually, it was mainly listing off ninja weapons, but hey.

~Peace.

________

Leave me alone! :'-( I mean, er.........STALKING YOU! *skull*

I still like Ninjas better, Samurais were probably better fighters, but I love that Ninjas were just so sneaky and without honour! *y*

Stalking you still iamded, soon the time will come for your ultimate demise! *skull*

Edited by Batbrick

Nice moc. The tower looks great. If I remember ronin were the samuria after the the age of the samuria was over. They wandered arounded hiring themselves out as assasins and other stuff like that. I hope to see more great mocs.

Thanks, everyone *wub*

That was very nice work, especially if you say it is your first vignette *y*

Very good and detailed scenario, and ninja vs samurai is always a great theme. Are you a fan of Naruto?

LuxorV

Thanks *sweet* I've seen Naruto a couple of times, but I'm not a fan.

But those Ninjas better win! Ninjas are way better! >:-)

Well, two of them have already been impaled :-X so the last one may have some trouble on his hands :-D

Sorry to be picky or pedantic, but the plural for Ninja is Ninja.

Yeah, I thought it was ninja, but then someone else told me it was ninjas 8-|

If I remember ronin were the samuria after the the age of the samuria was over. They wandered arounded hiring themselves out as assasins and other stuff like that. I hope to see more great mocs.

Yes, ronin were basically wandering samurai with no allegiance to a shogun or without a master.

Sorry to be picky or pedantic, but the plural for Ninja is Ninja.

Again with the proving wrong. :-P

"In English language, the plural of ninja can be either unchanged as ninja, reflecting the Japanese language's lack of grammatical number, or the regular English plural ninjas."

~Peace

Again with the proving wrong. :-P

"In English language, the plural of ninja can be either unchanged as ninja, reflecting the Japanese language's lack of grammatical number, or the regular English plural ninjas."

~Peace

Thats it! >:-( Who wants the first punch? :-P

Thanks for the info seriously though iamded, we should have more Ninja(s) stuff on this board, its quite interesting!

Thanks again TinyPiesRUs! :-)