Hello all,

I have built a small creation based on the Aquazone series from 1995-1996.

The landscape is 48x48 tall and it contains several sets from the series.

I tried to create the landscape according to the pictures from the catalogs from that time.

I used a lot of blue slopes and modified bricks to create the rocks.

The landscape was also shown at a small event Megabricks in the Netherlands.

A few pictures of the landscape.

23148608043_e8d5af9d15_c.jpg

Here a picture from another angle.

23666936242_04243e7186_c.jpg

Next pictures gives a better look of the base and the surroundings.

23692977991_df7cd8ef07_c.jpg

I also used a few lights in the caves. The next picture shows the light in one cave.

23749290926_b48db163ae_c.jpg

More pictures are on my Flickr account.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137652851@N07/albums/72157662307102771/with/23692977991/

The pictures are also on my Brickshelf account.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=560837

Questions and comments are welcome. :classic:

Sander

Very interesting MOC! The landscaping is top-notch (calling to mind basaltic columns or similar crystalline structures). But with all the various subs in close quarters, it can't help but feel a little cluttered. I don't know what the best solution to that would be, other than to increase the size of the base (probably more difficult than it's worth) or to decrease the number of subs.

Very interesting MOC! The landscaping is top-notch (calling to mind basaltic columns or similar crystalline structures). But with all the various subs in close quarters, it can't help but feel a little cluttered. I don't know what the best solution to that would be, other than to increase the size of the base (probably more difficult than it's worth) or to decrease the number of subs.

Thanks.

About the subs, I have the same feeling. I thought I was exaggerating a bit. :look:

I like it! It has a classic lego feel to it. Great job!

Thanks.

It was shown at Megabrick in the Netherlands. A lot of people said the same thing during the event. :tongue:

I have built a small creation based on the Aquazone series from 1995-1996.

a small creation

small

... I wonder what your bigger builds will look like... Gives me a reason to stick around :laugh:

But really though, great work on the build! It feels so vast and detailed that Someone could make a stop motion on it!

But as said already, it feels a bit cluttered. I don't honestly know what the solution to that is. It's still phenomenal nonetheless.

Edited by gamejutzu

... I wonder what your bigger builds will look like... Gives me a reason to stick around :laugh:

When I built something the minimum size is mostly 48x48.

Several other builts are bigger.

A few examples.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=553473

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=560054

But really though, great work on the build! It feels so vast and detailed that Someone could make a stop motion on it!

But as said already, it feels a bit cluttered. I don't honestly know what the solution to that is. It's still phenomenal nonetheless.

Thanks. :classic:

The old pictures from catalogs helped me a lot to build this landscape.

Awesome, and just in time for the end of the Aquazone 20th year anniversary! We need more Aquazone! I saw a similar blue brickbuilt underwater scene at Brickmania Antwerp last month - by Sebeus if I'm not mistaken - indeed it really fits the Aquazone scenery like they had in the catalogs really well.

Somehow there's always a mysterious underwater cave - it's just the underwater explorer inside all of us! The lighting is a very nice touch.

Awesome, and just in time for the end of the Aquazone 20th year anniversary! We need more Aquazone! I saw a similar blue brickbuilt underwater scene at Brickmania Antwerp last month - by Sebeus if I'm not mistaken - indeed it really fits the Aquazone scenery like they had in the catalogs really well.

Thank you. :classic:

It is indeed the 20th anniversary of Aquazone. I never realized it. :blush:

I have seen the pictures of Sebeus' creation. It is a very nice built.

Somehow there's always a mysterious underwater cave - it's just the underwater explorer inside all of us! The lighting is a very nice touch.

:laugh: you're right. A cave is needed for us to explore. :tongue:

This is looking very good. As Mr Greeble says, the blue works extremely well the way it have been build up blockyísh.

That station on the top of the MOC looks very good as well.

Great work here. :classic: