Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #144: The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

[banner Pending]

A group of heroes left Heroica hall and into the chilly winter streets of Eubric. An air of unrest had blanketed across the city as the group marched through the quiet streets. There job was one that requested them to the residence of Ernesto Homawae, a writer. These heroes were:

esn_bw3.jpg En Sabah Nur (Played by Jebediahs)

31 year old male human, Beast Warrior

Level 32.75 *Natural Respite*, *Immunity: Blinded, Fragile, Sealed and Lightning elemental attacks*, *Nimble on first round of combat*, *Deals double damage to enemies weak to fire*

Power: 47 (Level 32 + Axe 15)

Defense: 7 (Artefact Bonus 7)

Health: 61/61 (Mage Base 5 + Level Up Bonus 31 + Beast Warrior Bonus 15 + Raw Meat Bonus 5 + Raw Meat Bonus 5)

Gold: 25

Equipment: Mythril Axe (WP: 15, Axe), Traveler's Cloak (SP: 1, Backwear ), Custom Fitted, Grounded and Sealed Heavy Armour of Brilliance(SP:5,Immune: fragile, blinded, sealed and lightning, suitable for En Sabah Nur, Bodywear, ), Flexible Greaves (SP: 1, imparts the Nimble effect during the first round of combat, Footwear ), Fire Amulet (Makes physical attacks do double damage to all enemies that are weak to fire, Accessory )

Inventory:

Weapons: Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5), En, Sabah, Nur (Shurikens 3/3, WP: 5), Poisonous Rod (WP:5, causes poisoned by 5-effect; staff), Quarterstaff (WP: 22/44 against humanoids, suitable for mages, clerics and necromancers ), Earthy Wooden Shield (SP:6, grants immunity to wood and earth-elemental attacks)

Artefacts: Cobra Nemes (Absorbs poison, recovering health instead of taking damage from poisoning, suitable to clerics, mages, chi monks and necromancers, Headwear ), Little Jane's Muff (Mage's Muffler, Protects from sealed-effect, Accessory ), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles, Accessory ), Lock & Chain (Prevents items in the inventory from getting stolen; Accessory ), Carapace (SP: 3, Immunity to SP Reduction, Bodywear ), Helm of Horror (Successful hits impart the Afraid effect to the target; headwear ), Lichen Armour (The wearer’s ether is counted as additional health if health is depleted and Darkness Immunity, suitable to classes with ether, Bodywear ), Sedge Hat (+4 Ether, Headwear ), Magic Mirror (The user reflects all ether-based attacks back to the caster without getting damaged by them, Accessory )

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Ruby (Fire), Scroll of Confusion

Consumables: 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 3 Ether Cores, 6 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 2 Meads, Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Warforged Alfred (Nur can call his golem minion twice per battle to protect him from all damage and effects for the remainder of the round or once per battle to protect him and another party member from all damage and effects for the remainder of the round.), 2 Elixers. 1 Mythril Shard

Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass

Decamon Deck: Shy Shell (Aquatic 2), Demon Ray (Aquatic 3), Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5), Vampire Bat (Flying 3), Specter(Icy 2), White Widow (Icy 3), Golden Scorpion (Luminous 2), Gold Golem (Luminous 6), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), Tangleweed (Plant 3), Scarab (Rock 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2), Stone Golem (Rock 8)

skrall_avatar.jpgskrall.jpg

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 43.4 *Natural Respite* *Favors Humanoid and Ancient enemies* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, and Confused* *1/3 chance to revive when KO'd*

Power Bonus: +2 WP for bows and crossbows

Defense: 11

Health: 57/57

Gold: 3546

Equipment: Unlucky Crossbow (WP: 13, causes Jinxed Effect), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear), Moone Greaves (SP: 3), Vorpalis Talisman (1/3 chance of instantly resurrecting with 1 HP and 1 Ether upon being knocked out; accessory)

Inventory

Weapons: Oversized Greatsword (WP:16, double damage on targets that are clearly smaller than the hero, greatsword), Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP,light,lightning,water, wood, and earth-elemental; bow), Giant Hammer (WP: 13, deals Confused); Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12, double WP against beasts, fire, ice, wind, and darkness-elemental)

Artifacts: Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from battles, accessory), Paper Doll (Immunity to Hexed) Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Immunity to Weakened), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"; accessory)

Tools: Spyglass (Reveals if there are spies and eavesdroppers in the vicinity when used; tool),

Consumables: 3x Potion, Phoenix Essence, 3x Phoenix Incense, 8 Meads, 6 Nostrums, 3 Remedy, 3 Smelling Salts, 2 Deadly Venoms, 9 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, 6 Bone, Blind Fury, Grating Stone, Level-Up Mushroom, 2 Neutralizers, Letter of Recommendation

Role-Play Items: Black Goo, Wolfgang Insignia,

2.jpg Thalion Dwinlas, the Super Sleuth and School Inspector (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Mystic Knight

Level: 32.75 *Immune to All Elements, Sealed, Blind, Weakened, Confused, Sleep, Fragile, Cursed, Doomed, Sudden Death, Hexed, Poisoned and Bleeding*

Power: 45 (Level 32 + WP 13)

Defense: 17 (5 + 12)

Health: 43/43 (5 + 31 + 7)

Ether: 42/42 (5 + 31 + 5 + 1)

Gold: 1063

Equipment: Alpha and Omega (WP: 13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether, Hollow [Grand Potion stored], staves), Ribcage Shield (SP:12; every time the wielder takes a hit, the shield loses one SP; gives immunity to Doomed and Sudden Death for as long the shield has SP left), Norgh Armor (SP:5, Immunity to Darkness, Light, Fire, Ice, Water, Wood, Wind, Lightning, Earth damage and Sealed, Blind, Fragile, Weaken, Sleep and Confused, bodtwear), Blessed Amulet (Protects from Cursed-effect; accessory), Sterile Gloves (Immunity to Poisoned and Bleeding, handwear), Tin Helmet (Protects from Confused and Hexed effects; headwear)

Inventory:

Gems: Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (Darkness) x3, Diamond (Light), Aquamarine (Water), Opal (Ice) Garnet (Earth),

Scrolls: Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep,

Weapons: Despair (WP: 21, darkness-elemental, physical attacks and spells deal double damage to enemies inflicted with any negative effects, staff), Nightfall (WP: 11, Darkness-elemental, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, Hollow [Nothing stored], dagger), Sleeper (WP: 4, deals Asleep to enemies it hits, Hollow Upgrade [Nothingstored], melee/throwing weapon), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP: 10, deals Stunned on successful hits, Hollow [nothing stored]) Broomstick (WP:9, ranged), Handy Shield (SP:4, Immune to Blinded)

Artifacts: Slightly Less Lucky Die (Randomly causes the Lucky or Jinxed effect when used, costs 3 ether), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing, headwear), , Winged Sandals (Protects from Bound and Slowed effects, footwear), Heart Locket (Protects from Enamored-effect; accessory), Snake-Eye Charm (Protects from Petrified-effect; accessory), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; accessory), Paper Doll (Protects from Hexed-effect; accessory), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle, backwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear), Dragoon's Helmet (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons; headwear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to Fragile, headwear), Cloak of Necrotic Shielding (SP:3, provides SPECIAL GUARD against Undead Enemies, backwear)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass

Consumables: Earthwyrm Fang (Grants the Encouraged, Lucky, Reinforced, and Blinded effects for the duration of one battle), Copy of The Eubric Herald (Gives the target the transcended and inspired effects for the duration of one battle), Kraken Fang (Grants hastened and reinforced effects when consumed), Grand Potion (9), Potion (4), Remedy (25), Mead (5), Smelling Salts (10), Nostrum (5), Mulled Wine (4), Elixir (3), Ambrosia, Ether Core, Grand Tonic (8), Phoenix Essence (5), Bone (2), Smoke Bomb, Blind Bomb (2), Seal Bomb, Sleep Bomb (2), Deluxe Skeleton Decoy, Feather of White, 2x Feather of Flight, Demon Repellent, Skeleton Decoy (2), Mithril Shard (1/4 of a piece of Mithril), Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 at magic shops)

ava-ellaria5.jpgEllaria Arbour (Sandy)

25 years old female human Alchemist

Level 34 2/4 *Immune to Fire* *Three rolls for Mixture* *Transfer poisoned and bleeding upon being hit* *No Free Hits for 3 rounds*

Power: 44 (34+10)

Defense: 6 (1+5)

Health: 55/55 (9+33+10+1+2)

Gold: 33

Equipment: Mythril Mallet (WP: 20, wood- and darkness-elemental; Hollow [Diluted Arc Potion (Restores 15 health to all allies)]; hammer), Rubber Gloves (For Mixture, the die is rolled three times instead of twice, and the highest two results determine the created item; suitable to alchemists; handwear.), Robe of the Magi (SP:1, suitable for mages, clerics, alchemists, chi monks, decamon drafters, necromancers, regulators, scholars and weather mages; bodywear.), Spider Helmet (SP:5, passes poisoned and bleeding effects to the enemy when the wearer is hit; immunity to fire; headwear), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear)

Inventory:

Weapons Ignis Fatuus (WP:13, permanently poisoned by 15, fire- and lighting-elemental staff), Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:10, wood-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1, fire-, wind-, water- and earth-elemental staff), Wormtail Whip (WP:15, earth-elemental, whip)

Artifacts: Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors; backwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers, scholars and weather mages, bodywear)

Spell Items: Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song)

Consumables: 10 Grand Potions, 2 Health Cores, 4 Tonics, Diluted Arc Tonic (Restores 10 ether to all allies), 3 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 2 Hyper Arc Tonics (Restores full ether to all allies), 2 Elixirs, Arc Elixir (Restores 60 health and 15 ether to all allies and removes negative effects.), 4 Remedies, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, 3 Phoenix Essences, 3 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 2 Soma, 2 Mulled Wines, 2 Smoke Bombs, Hot'n'Cold Bomb (Causes 30 fire- and ice-elemental damage to all enemies), Holy Rain Bomb (Causes 20 water-, wind- and light-elemental damage to all enemies), Bad Breath (Poisoned by 1-effect to all enemies), Wyvern's Breath (Poisoned by 10-effect to all enemies), Feather of White

Tools etc.: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Chemistry Set (Allows the user to use Mixture outside of battle, costs 2 Gold Bars/un-modified roll, suitable for alchemists; tool), 2 Gold Bars

15622016117_ba91eaa5d2_t.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight) Champion of The Northern Kingdoms, Sungold Alliance,

265 year old female Elven Minstrel

Level 39 *Immune to sealed* *Gains Double EXP*

Power bonus:,+8 (quest #102)

Defence: 2 (lesser etherial cloak 1 +leather amour 1)

Health: 53 (Base Cleric 9 +Level bonus 38 -Quest #102 5 +Minstrel Bonus 11)

Ether: 51 (Base Cleric 5 +Level bonus 38 +Minstrel Bonus 4 +zoot cookie #102 1 +Lesser Etherial cloak 3)

Gold: 145

Equipment: Nocturne Flute (WP:6; causes asleep-effect; instrument), Lesser etherial cloak (SP:1, Max. ether +3, immune to sealed; backwear), Medal of Valor (Double experience from battles; accessory), Leather armour (SP:1; Bodywear)

Inventory: Mutt's Flute (WP:10; inflicts Weakened-effect; instrument), Party Maracas (WP:4; user is hastened; instrument), Battered wooden flute (WP:6; Darkness-elemental; instrument), Sword of the Warrior of the Light (WP: 14; Light-Elemental, Meditate becomes hits; longsword), Mourning Star (WP: 10; Fire-elemental; inflicts Fragile-effect; mace), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanic enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is Slowed and Immune to Hastened, cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe),

•Zap-Tap Badge (1/2 chance to Electric counterstrike an opponent who has dealt damage to a hero, equal to the hero's level; Accessory), Shield (SP: 5), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3; Immunity to Ice and Water; Bodywear; Suitable for Barbarians, Regulators, and Beast Warriors), Shield of the Red Lizard (SP: 2; Immune to Blind), Seal of the Warrior Priestess (At the beginning of the battle the user has a 1/6 chance to be Transcended, a 1/6 chance to be Blessed, and a 1/6 chance to be Inspired; Accessory; Suitable for Paladins), Trickster's Mask of the Angel, Order Imperial's Assassin Cowl (Immune to Light and Darkness, Wearer is Nimble; headwear; Suitable for Assassins, Chi Monks, Infiltrators, Rogue Thieves, Paragons), Razor (user is Blessed and Immune to Bleeding, Enraged, and Encouraged; May take up any artifact slot; requires a shaved head), Helm of the Lord of Light (Immune to Light and Jinxed; headwear; Suitable for Knights), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Counterstrike Gloves,

•Opal (2), Topaz (2), Diamond (2), Amethyst, Garnet, Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Ruby

• Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragile, Scroll of Confusion, Hundred Hero Hymn (Inspired-effect to all allies for 10 ether; song),

•Phoenix essence (3), Potions (10), Grand potion (2), Health Core, Tonics (3), Grand tonic, Ether Core (2), Ambrosia (4), Elixirs (2), Remedies (6), Neutralisers (2), Tiger Balm (2), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (2), Venom (4), Mulled Wine, Dragon Scale (lucky & blessed), Titan Heart (encouraged & inspired), Fire Bomb, Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bomb, Water Bombs (2), Dirt Bombs (2), Air Bomb, Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Red Death Blood (Once applied to a weapon the first successful hit deals doomed, consumable) (2), Sushi (restores 5 health and ether), Feather of Lithe (user is nimble for three rounds, 1/3 chance to avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits), Grating Stone, Bright Polish (2),

•Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Telescope,

---

The heroes eventually arrived at their destination, a residential area near Ways End. It didn't take long for the party to distinguish which house was Ernesto's. Trees with marvellously coloured leaves grew out of one of the house's windows as tropical birds foreign to the area nested in it's branches. Strange animals ran around the front of the property, and what looked like water trickled out of a sealed window, the occasional fish darting past. It was a peculiar sight in it's own right, but sitting outside the front door a dirty young elf sat on a chair, scanning the street. He was well dressed, but his clothes were dirty with soot. When he saw the party, he waved them over.

Ernestos%20House%201_zpsxzsqhjmq.jpg

Ernesto_zpsudk2mbkt.jpg?t=1450313505

"Callooh, kallay, I'm relieved to see you've arrived!" The young elf jumps out of his chair and dusted himself off. "My name is Ernesto Homawae, but please call me Ernesto. I have much to discuss with you, but, um, is everyone here? I don't want to delve into my plight without someone from your group here!"

QM Note: Welcome to 144! Check your stats and ensure everything is in order. If you bought items at the Marketplace, let me know. Sorry for the delay, but now that things are set in motion, we should hopeful have a good time. Let's get this party started!

Edited by Kintobor

The ogre kept an eye on the crow as he moved through the city making sure no hungry cats took advantage of Nur's current avian state. Arriving at their patron's abode, the ogre nodded in greeting. "I'm sure the rest will be present shortly." The ogre extended a hand. "Skrall." Surveying the house bursting at its seems, the hunter shook his head, "Sod, my good man, why didn't ya call sooner? Looks like this is about to run amuck in the streets pretty soon."

OoC: Stats are good. :thumbup:

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo Ernesto. I am Nerwen Calmcacil

Stats fine

To Skrall she says,

I have seen first hand uprisings, revolutions, invasions and civil wars. Do you know who is hurt? Those without power and weath. Do you know who thrives? Those who already have power and wealth. Rapid violent change will not benefit the downtrodden or disenfranchised.

Will Lorcan do a good job? Who knows? I think so. But I do know this. If power is going to be concentrated Niro the hands of a single edan[, he may have a short life. Best choose someone... disposable.

Edited by Chromeknight

Skrall smiled at Nerwen's last comment. "Calculating I see. Yet I have also experienced first hand uprisings and revolutions and as long as those with the means are able and willing to empower those without, good has arisen. Look at Xu, look at Dastan, the people have risen to the occasion once they see that it is tradition and the status quot that have held them back."

esn_bw0a.jpg

The crow rode in on the shoulder of the mythril infused stoneman. It took note of the fish before calling out with its Animalism Trait to the tree dwellers. "Caww! <I am friend. I am passing through. Moving Rock is my nest. Those traveling with Moving Rock are no threat but protect nest. Who are you? Friend or Enemy?>"

esn_bw3.jpg

The golem introduced himself to Homawae and the others. "My name is Alfred the Seneschal, also referred to as Alf, Alfredo, Alfonso, Alfwiedersehen, Alfrederci, Alfie or Al. So named by the great Krakenwhacker, the Titan Smiter, Orrik's forgotten bastard (Not really but feel free to spread it around) and my current master, the Trickster Mage En Sabah Nur! I shall serve as his representative during this venture."

OoC: Stats look ok.

The ogre kept an eye on the crow as he moved through the city making sure no hungry cats took advantage of Nur's current avian state. Arriving at their patron's abode, the ogre nodded in greeting. "I'm sure the rest will be present shortly." The ogre extended a hand. "Skrall." Surveying the house bursting at its seems, the hunter shook his head, "Sod, my good man, why didn't ya call sooner? Looks like this is about to run amuck in the streets pretty soon."

OoC: Stats are good. :thumbup:

Ernesto shakes Skrall's hand, wiping it off his pant leg before doing so.

"Ah, a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Master Skrall. I've heard a lot about you. I'm both humbled and thankful to have someone of your prestige in my presence." Ernesto looks back at his house, grimacing.

"Yes, well... I've had quite a few people look into the affair... I'm afraid if you don't help me with this all of my works will spill out into the street..."

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo Ernesto. I am Nerwen Calmcacil

"Ah, a fellow elf. I must unfortunately say I grew up away from any sort of real elven culture, so my elven is a little rusty. It's a pleasure, Nerwen."

esn_bw0a.jpg

The crow rode in on the shoulder of the mythril infused stoneman. It took note of the fish before calling out with its Animalism Trait to the tree dwellers. "Caww! <I am friend. I am passing through. Moving Rock is my nest. Those traveling with Moving Rock are no threat but protect nest. Who are you? Friend or Enemy?>"

esn_bw3.jpg

The golem introduced himself to Homawae and the others. "My name is Alfred the Seneschal, also referred to as Alf, Alfredo, Alfonso, Alfwiedersehen, Alfrederci, Alfie or Al. So named by the great Krakenwhacker, the Titan Smiter, Orrik's forgotten bastard (Not really but feel free to spread it around) and my current master, the Trickster Mage En Sabah Nur! I shall serve as his representative during this venture."

heroicaquest130-birdofparadise.jpg

"Mc-Kaw! Mc-Cawcaw! <We're friends, mate! Just enjoying the nice tree here, and waiting for the missus to return. Sheesh, no need to be pushy.>"

"Well, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir Alfred, but might I know where Mr. En Nabah Sur is? I find it odd he'd send a representative and not himself."

"Well, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir Alfred, but might I know where Mr. En Nabah Sur is? I find it odd he'd send a representative and not himself."

esn_bw2.jpg

Withholding information was within his purview but when asked directly, Alfred felt a need to be forthright. "En Sabah Nur is this crow here. He is suffering from a failed incantation. It should subside shortly. His condition will not prove a hindrance to the completion of our duties."

Ellaria nodded to her companions as she arrived. Her duties at the Guild of Invision had kept her busy since she returned from the dwarven cities, but now she was ready to get out of the dusty laboratories and have yet another thrilling adventure.

"Ellaria Arbour, alchemist of the Guild at your service. How may we help you?"

Arriving shortly after Ellaria, Thalion smiled to everyone present, "Greeting everyone!" he said, still trying to catch his breath after the hurry. "Thalion Dwinlas, Mystic Knight of Heroica, at your service!" he said with a deep bow to the elf writer.

Stats look good! :wink:

esn_bw2.jpg

Withholding information was within his purview but when asked directly, Alfred felt a need to be forthright. "En Sabah Nur is this crow here. He is suffering from a failed incantation. It should subside shortly. His condition will not prove a hindrance to the completion of our duties."

Ernesto raised an eyebrow and turned to look at the bird. He looked puzzled for a moment before responding.

"I must remember that. Riveting..." Ernesto replies in a hushed tone.

Ellaria nodded to her companions as she arrived. Her duties at the Guild of Invision had kept her busy since she returned from the dwarven cities, but now she was ready to get out of the dusty laboratories and have yet another thrilling adventure.

"Ellaria Arbour, alchemist of the Guild at your service. How may we help you?"

"Miss Arbour! What a pleasure to make your acquaintance! You can first start helping me by potentially having anything to wash my face?"

Arriving shortly after Ellaria, Thalion smiled to everyone present, "Greeting everyone!" he said, still trying to catch his breath after the hurry. "Thalion Dwinlas, Mystic Knight of Heroica, at your service!" he said with a deep bow to the elf writer.

"Ah, greetings Thalion! Another elf I see! A pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Now that you're all here, I suppose I should explain my predicament. I'd ask you all to pull up a chair, but... well... that's kind of impossible at this moment so bear with me here.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with my work, but I, Ernesto Homawae, am a well known writer of fiction, as well as a traveler of sorts. When I'm not penning my next novel I love to travel the world and take in the works of other cultures. The legends from Dastan and the epics from Xu are two very different, but both remarkable collections. I had just returned from one such travel when all of a sudden strange things began happening in my home. First it was small things, like leaks in the roof when it wasn't raining, or flowers sprouting out of the floorboards. Then, one day I was jostled out of bed as my entire house began warping and shifting around me! I began to spot things as I ran out of my abode, things that I had written about! Giant creatures that I had described, whole scenes playing out in my house as items flew around and object began to warp into different things! I saw it all stemming from my library, all the strange and weird magics stirring from within! Before I could do anything though, the library just vanished and my house rearranged itself! I don't know how, but what you see out here is not what is inside, but as you can see it's beginning to spill out and into the streets! Imagine, this whole block run being sieged by the forces of General Asougi, or worse, the Witches of Casonga Woods, or worse, the entire city being enveloped by a desert storm as in the Tower of Nac-Ri! If the source of this isn't stopped, who knows what might be unleashed!" Ernesto pulls a handkerchief out of his pocket and begins to breath heavily, wiping his brow. He seems to calm down slightly as sits down.

"I apologize for that, I'm just getting myself wound up. My works have so far contained themselves to my house, but they're getting larger and more noticeable. First came the tree, then the tropical birds, and now this squirrel like creature that pelts a rock at me every now and again just like in The Valley of the Twins. I'm at my breaking point. I need your help. If there's anything that I can answer to aid in your investigation I'm more than willing to oblige." Ernesto waves his now dirty handkerchief in his face as he begins sweating profusely.

"Glad to see ya all made it. Ellaria, Nerwen, good to see ya again. Mr. Dwinlas, can't say I've had the pleasure." The ogre turned to Ernesto, "Now then, that sounds like some first rate hocus pocus and I take it yer not one for dabblin' in that stuff. Ya didn't happen to bring any certain artifacts or souvenirs back with ya from yer latest expedition?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

esn_bw0.jpg

The female man-ape and the large ape-thing seemed familiar to the bird. The pointy eared duo did not. They smelled of magic. The crow fluttered to the ground and walked towards the barrel. It stopped to look up and address the squirrel-thing using Animalism. "Caw-Caw! <Who are you? Where are you from? Is this your nest? Your nest is strange. Stink of magic.>" The dark bird hopped up beside the squirrel and called out to the tropical bird. "Caaw. Caaawww! < Is your mate lost? Did Dusty Pointy Ear take your mate? Did squirrel?>" Alfred stood motionless, facing his master's direction awaiting a time when he would be needed.

"Glad to see ya all made it. Ellaria, Nerwen, good to see ya again. Mr. Dwinlas, can't say I've had the pleasure." The ogre turned to Ernesto, "Now then, that sounds like some first rate hocus pocus and I take it yer not one for dabblin' in that stuff. Ya didn't happen to bring any certain artifacts or souvenirs back with ya from yer latest expedition?"

Thalion looked up at the ogre and bowed slightly, "Thalion Dwinlas. I am pleased to make your acquaintance master Skrall; I have heard a lot about you back in the Hall."

"Ah, greetings Thalion! Another elf I see! A pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Now that you're all here, I suppose I should explain my predicament. I'd ask you all to pull up a chair, but... well... that's kind of impossible at this moment so bear with me here.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with my work, but I, Ernesto Homawae, am a well known writer of fiction, as well as a traveler of sorts. When I'm not penning my next novel I love to travel the world and take in the works of other cultures. The legends from Dastan and the epics from Xu are two very different, but both remarkable collections. I had just returned from one such travel when all of a sudden strange things began happening in my home. First it was small things, like leaks in the roof when it wasn't raining, or flowers sprouting out of the floorboards. Then, one day I was jostled out of bed as my entire house began warping and shifting around me! I began to spot things as I ran out of my abode, things that I had written about! Giant creatures that I had described, whole scenes playing out in my house as items flew around and object began to warp into different things! I saw it all stemming from my library, all the strange and weird magics stirring from within! Before I could do anything though, the library just vanished and my house rearranged itself! I don't know how, but what you see out here is not what is inside, but as you can see it's beginning to spill out and into the streets! Imagine, this whole block run being sieged by the forces of General Asougi, or worse, the Witches of Casonga Woods, or worse, the entire city being enveloped by a desert storm as in the Tower of Nac-Ri! If the source of this isn't stopped, who knows what might be unleashed!" Ernesto pulls a handkerchief out of his pocket and begins to breath heavily, wiping his brow. He seems to calm down slightly as sits down.

"I apologize for that, I'm just getting myself wound up. My works have so far contained themselves to my house, but they're getting larger and more noticeable. First came the tree, then the tropical birds, and now this squirrel like creature that pelts a rock at me every now and again just like in The Valley of the Twins. I'm at my breaking point. I need your help. If there's anything that I can answer to aid in your investigation I'm more than willing to oblige." Ernesto waves his now dirty handkerchief in his face as he begins sweating profusely.

"The pleasure is mine." Thalion said, after which he listened to the writer's tale. "Hm... Interesting..." He paused a little, "This might sound a bit strange but, to your knowledge, were there or are there any particularly magically inclined members in your family?"

"Now then, that sounds like some first rate hocus pocus and I take it yer not one for dabblin' in that stuff. Ya didn't happen to bring any certain artifacts or souvenirs back with ya from yer latest expedition?"

"Well, I always bring back trinkets and various books back with me from my travels... you don't think it was one of them? I can't think of anything that would constitute as cursed, but I purchased a lot of my souvenirs from vendors..."

esn_bw0.jpg

The female man-ape and the large ape-thing seemed familiar to the bird. The pointy eared duo did not. They smelled of magic. The crow fluttered to the ground and walked towards the barrel. It stopped to look up and address the squirrel-thing using Animalism. "Caw-Caw! <Who are you? Where are you from? Is this your nest? Your nest is strange. Stink of magic.>" The dark bird hopped up beside the squirrel and called out to the tropical bird. "Caaw. Caaawww! < Is your mate lost? Did Dusty Pointy Ear take your mate? Did squirrel?>" Alfred stood motionless, facing his master's direction awaiting a time when he would be needed.

heroicaquest130-flowertailedflyingsquirrel.jpg

"Chic-churrie! <Get lost! This is my place!>" The squirrel tosses a rock at the crow, hissing at the crow.

heroicaquest130-birdofparadise.jpg

"Maccaw! Brawkaw! <What are you going on about mate? My mate's been gone for two minutes, and you show up asking questions. What are you doing here?>" The exotic bird was getting aggressive with the crow. The animals seemed to become somewhat untrusting of the black avian.

"The pleasure is mine." Thalion said, after which he listened to the writer's tale. "Hm... Interesting..." He paused a little, "This might sound a bit strange but, to your knowledge, were there or are there any particularly magically inclined members in your family?"

"I can't think of anyone in particular who was very adept at the art of magic... Uncle Farzager was somewhat inclined, but he's been dead for awhile."

OoC: lol

The rock nailed the crow in the head. It flapped its wings haphazardly as it half flew and half fell to the ground. The bird suddenly found itself in a large room, looking down upon a robed gnome who began to speak. 'You cling to your current form because it is all you have ever known. Your thoughts must remain fluid...' The bird shook its head and cleared the faded memory. Alfred promptly scooped up his lord and returned to the Party.

esn_bw3.jpg

"You could use a change of clothes, Ernesto. Have you reentered your home since your initial escape? I am ready to enter the premises to investigate. There could be a pattern or recordable intervals to the shifting that could make it difficult to find our way back out."

Skrall scratched his head at Ernesto's descriptions of the house. "Well, ya wouldn't happen to have a list of the tales ya've been catalogin' would ya? Wouldn't hurt to get an idea of what we may be up against." As Nur fell to the ground, the ogre glared at the squirrel and tried to snatch it from its perch.

"Sounds like demonic interference to me", Ellaria pondered after hearing Ernesto's recount. "Stories don't become reality by themselves. I agree with Alfred, there's nothing we can do but enter the house and investigate further."

"Sounds like demonic interference to me", Ellaria pondered after hearing Ernesto's recount. "Stories don't become reality by themselves. I agree with Alfred, there's nothing we can do but enter the house and investigate further."

"Quite a reasonable assumption. Especially since this would not be the first such occurrence that has happened in recent times..."

Thalion looked at the writer, "We will get to the bottom of this!" After that he checked his equipment and stated, "I am ready to head inside."

I too am unfamiliar with your work Ernesto and would appreciate a short list of your major works as a guide to what we might encounter

Skrall scratched his head at Ernesto's descriptions of the house. "Well, ya wouldn't happen to have a list of the tales ya've been catalogin' would ya? Wouldn't hurt to get an idea of what we may be up against." As Nur fell to the ground, the ogre glared at the squirrel and tried to snatch it from its perch.

I too am unfamiliar with your work Ernesto and would appreciate a short list of your major works as a guide to what we might encounter

"Well... see, I have been in the house recently to check on it's state, and I can tell that it's taken on the features of four novels in particular; Journey to the Centre of Olegaia, The Coven of Delita's Woods, The Fish in the Sea, and The Tower of Nac-Ri. I know it's not much, but perhaps that would help you somewhat? I can elaborate further if need be."

"Well... see, I have been in the house recently to check on it's state, and I can tell that it's taken on the features of four novels in particular; Journey to the Centre of Olegaia, The Coven of Delita's Woods, The Fish in the Sea, and The Tower of Nac-Ri. I know it's not much, but perhaps that would help you somewhat? I can elaborate further if need be."

"Thanks, that gives us somethin' of a heads up. I know ya said they were rearranged and even teleported away, but would ya mind givin' us a list of the rooms yer house used to contain." Skrall adjusted his pack on his shoulders, "Other than that, I think I'm all set."

"Thanks, that gives us somethin' of a heads up. I know ya said they were rearranged and even teleported away, but would ya mind givin' us a list of the rooms yer house used to contain." Skrall adjusted his pack on his shoulders, "Other than that, I think I'm all set."

"Er, yes. There was the Kitchen, the Bathroom, my Bedroom, the Parlour, and then my Library. The foyer is probably the most intact room, but even then it's not really the size of your typical foyer anymore. Well, you'll see when you get inside."

Do we have a party leader? If so, let's begin.

"Is that how that goes? Is there anyone amongst you five that stands out as leader material?"

esn_bw2.jpg

"I suggest the male elf or Ellaria will suffice. I assume they will be most impartial as they have yet to align themselves with an allied Eubric faction. Ms. Arbour successfully and tactfully led the last quest I participated in."