Sign in to follow this  
Kendo

[MOC] Classic Arkham Batmobile

Hey guys , after waiting two months to get all the parts , everything I need for my Classic Arkham Batmobile has arrived . In my mind I’m still calling this a WIP , as there still remain some changes to be made , but they are really small and subtle , so I decided to post it as it is ( and maybe post a V1.1 later ) . As I’m sure you can imagine , one of these changes is changing the colour of the two “road signs” on the roof of the car to black . Unfortunately , these parts don’t come in black , so I’ll paint them ( I don’t love the idea anymore than you do , but I think the parts fit in perfectly and they look inaccurate being grey and brown ). I am also playing with the idea of adding stickers to give the model that extra bit of accuracy , specifically on the "6005" parts in front of the rear wheels . Finally , what’s a Batmobile without Batman ? I knew , from the moment I started building this that I had to get a custom Arkham series Batman minifig to go along with it . And when I tumbled upon onlinesailin’s Arkham City Batman, I was amazed by the astonishing level of detail, the amazing resemblance to the iconic suit, everything . Thanks “onlinesailin”, for the best minifigure out there , this moc wouldn't be the same without it . Now, I’m sure you came here to see a Batmobile, not read boring details, so here are some pictures .

23516525260_d78825265b_z.jpg

23812203505_0bbb0222c0_z.jpg

23444277649_7e1d4ec69d_z.jpg

23516535990_52cdda9ddf_z.jpg

23444260509_361a9845ff_z.jpg

23444244489_a37cb7dc85_z.jpg

23516530520_33650fbfce_z.jpg Now let me get that explosive gel ...

23703789192_c89bcc10f3_z.jpg

23184122344_b98b38d248_z.jpg

I really hope you liked my build , please comment your opinion and/or constructive criticism . Thanks for viewing :)

Looks pretty cool, though i can't remember the first Game very well haha. Is the minifigure custom or bootleg btw?

Thanks steveholt :classic:. The minifigure is an amazing custom by eBay member "onlinesailin", PAD printing on original Lego parts. I'd never use a bootleg, it makes me sad that they even exist :hmpf_bad:.

PAD printing on original Lego parts. I'd never use a bootleg, it makes me sad that they even exist :hmpf_bad:.27.gif

Edited by seanowgo

Thanks for your comments guys ! I'm glad you like it :classic: . Please keep the comments up , I love hearing your opinions and suggestions for this , it's really important to me :blush: .

Looks great :classic:

Like those fins on the back. Clever found

Don't really have comments or stuff, only maybe you could stretch the 'hood' a few studs... the car looks a bit small compared to the Batmobile in the movie.

And maybe another part fits better for the exhaust?

It's looks nice already. Makes me feels like to build a car :wink:

Thanks for your comments Neonic and Brickadier Gen. :classic: . Well, it is very similar to the first Batmobiles, many parts of it resemble the Burton Batmobile. Now about the scale , I did some calculations before I started building , using measurements from a replica I found online , converted everything to "minifig scale" and that's pretty much what the size is supposed to be ( width , length , everything ) . Of course, minifigs have much different proportions than real humans , so noone can ever 100% accurately convert something , but I did my best . Keep the comments up guys , I really appreciate your opinions and thoughts :blush: