The cabin is beginning to get its final shape,..

20151231_123234_zpsuoyazbou.jpg

20151231_123058_zps6odxj40r.jpg

20151231_123019_zps6fyzgea9.jpg

20151231_123713_zpswejjugft.jpg

But confident i will finish this moc,.. (about time i finish a moc haha)

Happy new year!

@2legoOrNot2lego, thanks alot!

Edited by Sylvian

Thanks Busterhaus! I am quite happy with it :) will have to take it apart a bit though to make door hinges,. And i am still unsure whether or not to go for a turning steering wheel aswell, because it would mean i have to completely do the innercabstructure and mirror L-motor placement.. Strength and space might become an issue aswell.

Would also like to have brown seats, but have no brown parts whatsoever... and just spend my hobby pocket money for this month on car parts..

@Max, Thanx again!

@Super Jashka, Similar,.. but not good enough :P

@Smegged AU, Thnx man :D

@ Everybody, Thnx for all the comments its really keeping me motivated :) Heres just a little bit improving i did last night, after i got some time and energy after the whole new year party thing,.. might be getting to old for some things haha,.. not lego though..

20160103_201818_zpseor0rzix.jpg

20160103_201716_zpssbgktr9k.jpg

Slightly better proportions imo,. Made the chassis one plate thicker and extended it by one stud. And much better front :)

I am starting to consider making it a logging truck with crane.. perhaps..

hope you guys dont mind bringing this thread up again with so little progress.

Edited by Sylvian

That cabin and the whole truck look as smooth as silk! I only now noticed you use small pumps to (presumably) keep the spring level limited, brilliant. You have a really great style, with all the small cheese slopes and tiles keeping everythin smoth and clean, which I really like (and may copy :sweet: ).

This is excellent. I am impressed with the cab, and the wheel fenders are great. The brick build frame looks stunning.

I concur with ZBLJ, the small pumps for the suspension is a great idea.

As other have said, this is an excellent looking model. I love the springs as well. In terms of the gear choice (12t bevel gears) I actually think that the current configuration may work. Understandably, XL motors have ruined gears in the past.... but I used a similar gear configuration in this build:

1448633694m_SPLASH.jpg

and the gears held. Now..... my crawler does not weigh anything close to the OPs creation.... but I placed it in some incredibly precarious situations that even stalled the motors frequently. Gears held just fine.....

This is a really amazing build...!!! The chassis started of just great, but this cabin does add so much...well done...!!!

It has openable doors? Could you give us a pictured with the doors opened?

Really love your style, sort of how I build my MOCs...excellent...!!! :thumbup:

I may have missed it, the topic is called "6x6 Chassis", but what it is build after? Brand and type of truck?

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

@Zblj,.. Geez,. :blush: Again, thanks alot!! Offcourse, you may copy whatever you like,. I actually get alot of inspiration from builders like yourself. Must admit i've seen alot of your vids specially when i came out of my 'darkage' and it has given me alot of inspiration,. I also envy the speed at which you and some other people can build.. (you spit out that awesome 8x8 crane truck like it was nothing haha)

@Thirdwigg,. Thanks alot, i am really happy with your positive comments,. The idea using the pumps as dampers was initially to keep the springs in place,. Everytime i made a triangulated suspension setup i felt the the standard lego springs were only limiting the potential of the suspension. Unless i started sacrificing space and looks. Also when i swapped the rear axle (solid/live axle) on my car a while back i found out the dampers pretty much do the same. (keeping the springs in place)

@Nerdzforprez,. I am glad you are confident about the gear setup :) After reinforcing as recommended i didnt have any gear grinding anymore. Thats a nice looking crawler btw! Something that is still on my future to do list :)

@LegoOrNot2Lego,. Thanks alot man! I've always loved your trucks and the fact you combine awesome styling with solid functions,. So yeah you've defenitely gave me ALOT of inspiration with your work! Cant deny that. As for the doors,. Yes they can open :)

20160105_094647_zpsb5qeb6jc.jpg

20160105_094922_zps28wndcql.jpg

Its my intention to make it look as close as possible to a Kamaz 63something?,. with the older grill style (round lights, split window)

but whether its a 6350 or 6320,.. dont have a clue, i dont really know on what criteria Kamaz bases their type designation,..

Again thnx Ya'll!

*should get on with building now and show a proper update next time*

Edited by Sylvian

Sorry :blush: If 6320 or 6350, then a 4-axle. and yours is more like 4310, the on the left side should air intake grille, and windshield

I am not familiar with these trucks, but this could indeed be the one... :thumbup: Looks like it a lot! :classic:

Oo sheesh,..

Its still in one piece,. And i have played with it in the snow last week :P

But no,.. Earlier in this thread i said i was confident i'd finish this, but its allready itching to build something else. :/ yet i cant bring myself to dismantling it either. Also (excuses excuses) i'm busy learning my first boogie bassline on the piano,.. and,.. need to replace some bearings on my Kadett aswell as adding a slightly bigger carb which i got last week.. Aaand.. i'm in the process of getting my bus driver's license..

Excuses,..

Excuses,.

:grin:

...yet i cant bring myself to dismantling it either...

You are very bussy as you describe... I think it would be very much appreciated if you could past some more pictures. Just showing of what you build...this models deserves it my friend, it really does!!!