Xon67

Scooby Doo - Knight Time Terror - Haunted Mansion

Hi ezaida18--Thanks for the post! While I don't pretend to know what the LEGO Company has planned, If I had to guess, they are probably done with this particular Scooby short and are probably planning new sets for the next Scooby short that they announced recently. I haven't seen any Scooby / Monster Fighter mash-ups, but it would be cool to see!

I haven't been over here in the licensed forum in a while!  I didn't realize people had posted here.  I usually bum around the Town forum.

I don't have any immediate plans to do any more work on the Scooby mansion at this point.  I've been working primarily on my LEGO Movie builds over the last several years.  This was a side project that I was challenged to do.

If I get back to this, I'll definitely post updates.

On 10-2-2016 at 10:20 PM, Xon67 said:

lostdriveway--I think we'll want to change the columns on the windows. The connector tubes (shown on the bottom left) I originally selected to replace the 1x1x6 columns (shown on top) go for $1.50 each and we'll need 6 of them for each window . I switched them to 1x1 round bricks (bottom right). Much cheaper. Does that work for you?

24826120792_ca060c27c2_c.jpg

I'm very late with this, but... the columns are available in tan! They come in the set Bulldozer Break-in.

May I ask how you have build those windows? I try to reverse engineer them, but I can't figure out an elegant solution. I guess it's build of translucent bricks and the side require grey jumper plates with a 1x8 tan tile on it, but I'm very curious to see how it looks from the backside.

@Wesley D  Does this help?  I don't think this would be an officially approved technique, but it's the closest I could get to what I saw on the screen.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

40304775241_37f2952976_c.jpg

I don't know if it would be officially approved, but I guess it could be made pretty stable when it's properly built in in a structure.

Thank you very much for making it clear to me! I have been hurting my head over it.