My first time entering the Expand the Winter Village contest. Here is my entry with a Cider Mill. Turning of the water wheel churns applies inside, where apple cider is being made.

The interior consists of a front sales room, rear cider press, storage and dispensing, and upstairs office.

The building is slighly taller than the Winter Village Cottage, but I think justifiable as such a building would be larger than a cottage. I have no part count, but it is not outside of scope of the larger Winter Village sets. The truck is a reuse from the 2013 Holiday set 40083.

Happy Holidays to you all!

Miro

23710548421_5d9fa80f64_c.jpgCider Mill by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

23766851156_e096c93103_c.jpgCider Mill by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

23164814094_274b298aa5_c.jpgCider Mill by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

23164805154_d830b5d142_c.jpgCider Mill by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

23766862836_1a8bf11253_c.jpgCider Mill by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

The interior is magnificent.. i like the curtains also a lot! it gives a warm and cosey feeling when you look inside this building!!! Very well done!!!

Great color combo and I don't recall ever seeing a Cider Mill built in Lego before.

I'm a sucker for the that roof color.

Such a cool build. The way you made the mill is outstanding and really looks integrated.

Also i adore the way you made the backside of the building for easy access and playability and the roof at an closing angle just makes it look as if it was meant to be played with.

On top of it, the colous of the build is lovely. I would have liked a little more snow hills on the baseplates. But thats just me.

This MOC of yours is truely great ! :wub:

Lovely!

A great design, and the dark red works very well with the foundation and chimney.

An original idea, nicely worked out in the interior, too.

I'm probably being stupid, but what are the orange flippers supposed to represent?

(mind you, they look nice as decoration alone, but it looks as though they might have some significance in the cider brewing process).

Best of luck, and keep clicking those bricks together!

I'm probably being stupid, but what are the orange flippers supposed to represent?

(mind you, they look nice as decoration alone, but it looks as though they might have some significance in the cider brewing process).

Thank you. The orange flippers have no real significance, they are purely decorative and in my MOC they serve as a valance/short curtain above the windows. The space above the windows needed some decor and I happened to come across the orange flippers.

This is awesome! Love the use of the flippers for curtains.

Thank you. The orange flippers have no real significance, they are purely decorative and in my MOC they serve as a valance/short curtain above the windows. The space above the windows needed some decor and I happened to come across the orange flippers.

Great idea, thanks for the answer!

You made really well the open section of the building! The snowscaping around the roofs is great too... And the mill is great too :)

Colors and design are perfect, especially all the tiles and curtains and the open back. Yup, we need a cider mill for the holidays!