Told my wife the fist day you could buy ticket online that all the cinema websites in the city died and the nerds are raging like hell at work. Im a nerd too but I dont care if I see the movie a few days later.

Then my wife posted a picture on my facebook page, that she bought tickets for the first screening. My wife is the best! Turned out that they were for the last seats in the screening room, so I told her: "Honey, next time try to aim for row 7, ok?"

2 hours later she posted another picture of our new tickets for row 7 for the first screening. My wife is the best X100 :laugh:

My friends and I have tickets for a January 2nd showing. Would have gone earlier, but the schedule of one of my friends was pretty much packed until then with family due to Christmas. He doesn't have his priorities straight! I mean come on, family before Star Wars? :wink:

If Star Wars teaches one thing, it is that Family is the most important thing in life.

Look what happened to poor Annie when he was left unchecked? He became a child killer.

Look what happened to Luke who didnt know he had a twin sister. He almost hit da gurl wit da fleshsaber

Look what happened to Lord Sidius. If he would have had a little more love from his friends Annie and Padme, he could have been the best babysitter teaching the lil kids, how to draw with lightnings

Sooo yeah. Family is important! The rest can wait :wink:

If Star Wars teaches one thing, it is that Family is the most important thing in life.

Look what happened to poor Annie when he was left unchecked? He became a child killer.

Look what happened to Luke who didnt know he had a twin sister. He almost hit da gurl wit da fleshsaber

Look what happened to Lord Sidius. If he would have had a little more love from his friends Annie and Padme, he could have been the best babysitter teaching the lil kids, how to draw with lightnings

Sooo yeah. Family is important! The rest can wait :wink:

I know, I was being sarcastic.

A bit melodramatic, don't you think?

Well, time to leave both the Star Wars forum and the Web in general for the next few weeks.

Weeks? Surely you mean day.

EDIT: Also, if someone is taking a break from the forum due to spoilers, I don't think they'd be able to respond to the OP, if you get my drift. :wink:

Edited by Junior Shark

When I first saw the title of this I thought "Oh no, they're merging the Star Wars Forum with the Liscensed Forum?" *oh2*

I considered taking a break from the internet, but it seems, at least at the places I go on the internet, that people are being really good about not telling spoilers, so I guess I won't (and hope my luck continues to hold out until 7:00 tomorrow).

Honestly, this forum is one of the ones I consider least likely to have spoilers. It's so focused- there's no General Star Wars Discussion thread; If you can't build it, it doesn't belong here. So unless your viewing experience would be ruined by someone showing off their MOC of a vehicle we haven't seen in the trailers, you'll probably have nothing to worry about.

On that note, did anyone else think that the revelation that the real mastermind behind the First Order was the Dionaga from A New Hope was just a bit too much fanservice?

(Disclaimer: I just made that up)

Edited by Pcm979

Have tickets for the 7 PM IMAX showing tomorrow. My 12 year old son and I are going. Then, I have a ticket for the 9 AM show Friday morning when the kids are in school.

Jamie

Seen the movie twice already, but was spoiled before :angry: . The first time I doubted it, since it was so far from the release, until I was spoiled multiple times more with the same things when my fear sank in. Even with the spoilers for all major plot points the movie still amazed me and there are some twists you wont see coming :wink:

There is a new star wars movie coming out?

Funny joke... right? RIGHT?

This is the only topic in the star wars forum I'm looking at.

I have to wait quite awhile to see the movie, cinema will be filled to the brim with loud children, I don't want my first time seeing it to be ruined.

I have to wait quite awhile to see the movie, cinema will be filled to the brim with loud children, I don't want my first time seeing it to be ruined.
Yeah, I'm waiting until the crowds die down too. Usually if I wait a week around here, the cinemas are almost empty. Although I've never tried that theory on a movie this big before.

On the other hand, I won't be spending that week avoiding spoilers. I've already sought out and read the complete plot synopsis.

When I first saw the title of this I thought "Oh no, they're merging the Star Wars Forum with the Liscensed Forum?" *oh2*

I considered taking a break from the internet, but it seems, at least at the places I go on the internet, that people are being really good about not telling spoilers, so I guess I won't (and hope my luck continues to hold out until 7:00 tomorrow).

I was expecting a "SW lego has gotten to expensive for me, im leaving for other themes" rant, but maybe that was me projecting my own state of mind onto others...

Honestly, this forum is one of the ones I consider least likely to have spoilers. It's so focused- there's no General Star Wars Discussion thread; If you can't build it, it doesn't belong here. So unless your viewing experience would be ruined by someone showing off their MOC of a vehicle we haven't seen in the trailers, you'll probably have nothing to worry about.

On that note, did anyone else think that the revelation that the real mastermind behind the First Order was the Dionaga from A New Hope was just a bit too much fanservice?

(Disclaimer: I just made that up)

Yeah, people here tend to be rather civil and considerate, im much more careful around reddit though, especially /all. I probably wouldnt even mind that bad if i somehow got spoiled a bit, considering that most movies tend to have rather obvious and predictable plots anyway, im kinda used to it, im in it more for the effects and storytelling then the plot twists.

Besides, with the kids and holidays, its going to take weeks for me to see the movie anyway, so chances of me making it through spoiler-free are slim anyway

I was expecting a "SW lego has gotten to expensive for me, im leaving for other themes" rant, but maybe that was me projecting my own state of mind onto others...

Yeah, people here tend to be rather civil and considerate, im much more careful around reddit though, especially /all. I probably wouldnt even mind that bad if i somehow got spoiled a bit, considering that most movies tend to have rather obvious and predictable plots anyway, im kinda used to it, im in it more for the effects and storytelling then the plot twists.

Besides, with the kids and holidays, its going to take weeks for me to see the movie anyway, so chances of me making it through spoiler-free are slim anyway

I would suggest not reading comments on reddit - on any sub. I have seen spoilers multiple times there on subs completely unrelated to star wars

I would suggest not reading comments on reddit - on any sub. I have seen spoilers multiple times there on subs completely unrelated to star wars

Yeah, im definitely being carefull, im restricting myself mostly to /r/lego and the more civilized gaming/hardware related subs. As i said, i dont expect to make it to the theatre entirely unspoiled, given that its gonna take a while, but im trying to avoid the obvious places/trolls

A bit melodramatic, don't you think?

Weeks? Surely you mean day.

Depends on when his tickets are for.

Like I mentioned above, I don't have tickets until for January 2nd, so it is going to be 2+ weeks for me.

You don't have to leave the forum completely. If you just avoid certain topics like the two discussion topics and the Star Wars topic over in the Culture and Multimedia thread... I'd say you'd do just fine.

I'm avoiding the SW section (and SW thread in the media section) from today till Sunday, but otherwise the rest of the site should be spoiler free. I'm not going to see the movie till Sunday, due to holiday commitments, so not a long wait.

I just don't want to chance it. Yes, Eurobricks is a great community, but sometimes people don't always use the spoiler tags.

I stopped reading the Star Wars general discussion topic in Culture & Multimedia last year. I have decided not to read the rumours topics from this week until I've seen the movie. I'm still reading the SW Questions topic. I probably won't be reading the C&M topic until after all of these movies are done. But with Disney, that may never happen. This movie has been spoiled too much for me by people talking about pictures & videos they've seen that have nothing to do with Lego. I don't want to know anyone's name, gender, role, affiliation or anything. I don't want to know what planets are involved. Not until I watch the movie! Oh well.

I think most people are pretty goood with using the spoiler tags. The other thing to consider is MOCs of scenes from the movie will start appearing shortly. Maybe best to hide out on Degobah. :classic: