SkaForHire

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Introduction and Starting Thread

Just a quick note on inflation. (We appreciate all feedback, but I thought I would let you know what we have already done) 

If anyone, I have been campaigning to fight inflation (ask anyone in court :P), and we have introduced several measures (see below). Therefore, I think we should postpone any further measures until we have seen the impact of those. :) 

Measures:

1) Ship upkeep 

All ships will suffer 25 % of their license costs in upkeep each time they set sail. (moderated by how many vessels you have. More active vessels means more expensive upkeep.) This will put a considerable damper on the big ship owners (tc's or players) and on factions, especially in times of war, as sending out warships will be expensive. 

2) Taxes

Previously, factions got 20 % of all income as tax income. This has been removed, and factions will need to find other ways of covering their expenses. In case of serious drains (eg. War) heavy taxes may well be necessary

3) License kickback 

Similarly, the 50 % of property licenses that went to factions earlier are now taken out of the game. 

4) MRCA income

In the new MRCA we will try to balance income better, both know terms of trade income and the chance to capture npc prizes. 

What is (possibly) missing:

More uses for DBs 

Some constant faction drains. (Operating income) 

Moderation of property income for the rich. 

Is it possible to automate build form-monthly fb, so we don't have to post in the monthly free build thread. I keep forgetting it... There are so many steps:

- Upload pictures

- Post build

- Build form

- License form

- Settlement thread/Ship thread

- (Faction thread, if relevant)

- Monthly FB thread

Edited by Sir Stig

1 hour ago, Sir Stig said:

Is it possible to automate build form-monthly fb, so we don't have to post in the monthly free build thread. I keep forgetting it... There are so many steps:

- Upload pictures

- Post build

- Build form

- License form

- Settlement thread/Ship thread

- (Faction thread, if relevant)

- Monthly FB thread

You don't have to post in the monthly FB thread, but it's a nice way to announce your build. As long as you fill out the build form and the license form, you're good.

22 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

You don't have to post in the monthly FB thread, but it's a nice way to announce your build. As long as you fill out the build form and the license form, you're good.

Should we just get rid of the "monthly" part in the title, given that it has been up for over half a year by now?

1 hour ago, Legostone said:

Should we just get rid of the "monthly" part in the title, given that it has been up for over half a year by now?

And it's really not a registration thread, but an announcement thread to alert people to new builds. Posting in it doesn't really register anything. Perhaps the "Free Build Announcement Thread" or some such?

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

And it's really not a registration thread, but an announcement thread to alert people to new builds. Posting in it doesn't really register anything. Perhaps the "Free Build Announcement Thread" or some such?

"Build Announcement Thread (- Link to your build here)"

Edited by Sir Stig

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Just now, Sir Stig said:

"Build Announcement Thread (- Link to your build here)"

In that case, I would simply suggest people announcing their builds in the faction threads. They could benefit from some activity anyways! 

4 minutes ago, Bregir said:

In that case, I would simply suggest people announcing their builds in the faction threads. They could benefit from some activity anyways! 

Bad idea because the past thought me people give feedback in the faction thread instead of the thread of the MOC

3 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

Bad idea because the past thought me people give feedback in the faction thread instead of the thread of the MOC

Just post link. No picture, or a picture so small that it is hard to see anything ;)

52 minutes ago, Bregir said:

I try to post in both. Some players are far less likely to look regularly at another faction's thread. I like that there's a thread for announcing free builds regardless of faction, so I wouldn't want to get rid of it.

So how's MCRA II coming? It's been awhile since I heard anything about it. And will it contain the launch of character skill trees? I'm really excited for that to launch.

Oh, and may I suggest something? Can Royal property footprints be lowered to 96x96? That way a builder could just use 4 48x48 baseplates. 

Additionally, have you guys considered corporate warfare? I really think it could add some fun to the game if trade corporations could go to war with each other, without dragging nations into it. I'd love to have my WTC ships take out some of MAESTRO's. Yeah, I know I'd lose, I have like 4 ships, but it'd give me more targets to hunt rather than sea rats, as the new ship focus seems to be more combat focused, rather than cargo focused. 

Edited by Mesabi

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Additionally, have you guys considered corporate warfare? I really think it could add some fun to the game if trade corporations could go to war with each other, without dragging nations into it. I'd love to have my WTC ships take out some of MAESTRO's. Yeah, I know I'd lose, I have like 4 ships, but it'd give me more targets to hunt rather than sea rats, as the new ship focus seems to be more combat focused, rather than cargo focused. 

Just so you know - about one third of the MAESTRO ships shares are owned by members of Corrington. And well, I dare saying that we are the biggest non-faction entity regarding the power of our fleet, even with our recent losses of several class 5 vessels. Don't force yourself to make enemies, it happens on its own quickly :pir-laugh:

Regarding the question about royal properties - we are currently discussing something, but decreasing the minimum size is very unlikely.

On 6/21/2017 at 0:18 PM, Bregir said:

The original point of the thread was to have an entire index of all builds by month.  I still support that idea. 

On 6/30/2017 at 4:36 PM, Mesabi said:

They already can --- you just have to deal with your faction's politics if they don't like the idea. 

Ska is back! Quick! Get him before he escapes again.

Edited by Jacob Nion

@Mesabi

A short letter from the Eslandolan Sec. of Navy to Captain Mesabi:

Any attack going against any Eslandolan vessel will be seen as an act of aggression, and in your case as a breach of our factions non-aggression pact, which could lead to more than a small conflict. I advise you not to attack any Eslandolan vessels, be it MCTC, ETWC, MAESTRO, a navy vessel or a vessel unrelated to the companies.

Jerome Monezterrell,
Sec. of Navy, Governor of Isla de Victoria, Representative of MAESTRO in the Colonial Council 

To captains of all vessels flying the flag of Corrington in the Brick Seas and beyond,

Any actions violating the laws and policy of Her Royal Majesty will result in the swift and firm prosecution of all involved. Particular care is to be given to uphold the safety of neutral and allied vessels, and any breach will have immediate consequences. 

In service of the Crown, 

Rear admiral Fletcher, 

Commander-in-chief, Terra Nova Fleet

Hey, since I'm newish here, I had a question about torsos :laugh:

Has anyone used the Tusken Raider torsos for anything in game yet? I'm thinking of using them for my WTC marines

I would like for the creation of some indexes, One for people's Flickr/photohosting site, One for trade corporations, and one for people's sigfigs. If they do exist, it would be great if they could be added to the master index.

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

I would like for the creation of some indexes, One for people's Flickr/photohosting site, One for trade corporations, and one for people's sigfigs. If they do exist, it would be great if they could be added to the master index.

The latter two can be found in the various factions' topics. Many players have a link to their photostream in their signature or you can access it by clicking directly on their photos.

Edited by Captain Genaro

12 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

The latter two can be found in the various factions' topics. Many players have a link to their photostream in their signature or you can access it by clicking directly on their photos.

I know, I'm just looking for a central index so I don't have to dig through 4 faction threads with 2 years worth of posts. And I'm not a fan of individually finding people's flickr either.

Just now, Mesabi said:

I know, I'm just looking for a central index so I don't have to dig through 4 faction threads with 2 years worth of posts. And I'm not a fan of individually finding people's flickr either.

You are welcome to set up such an index yourself, but currently, leadership has many other tasks to take care of, as we are preparing for the launch of Era II.