SkaForHire

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Introduction and Starting Thread

You get 25 db for signing up.

If you make an introbuild that is sufficient to be considered a freebuild, you can register that as such and get an extra 10 db. Does that make sense? pirate_blush.gif

Simply joining up with your sig-fig gets you the starting 25DBs pirate_wink.gif It's if you build an introduction build and post it in the forum as a free build that you will get 10 extra DBs (it will count as your first free build of the month pirate_classic.gif)

Am I missing something, or does the MCRA form not include the option of setting the Isla del Romantica zone for the bounty run?

Am I missing something, or does the MCRA form not include the option of setting the Isla del Romantica zone for the bounty run?

You're right, I haven't seen it.

Perhaps you have to write in the MRCA form you are going to Isla del Romantica in an area you can.

It's still not up. I'm not really in on it; I was relaying Ska's EST but if that was wrong I wash my hands of it. pirate_laugh2.gif Don't blame me! pir_laugh2.gif

So, at this point, I rekon we will just be getting a single "scorecard" for March and April? Or is the scorecard something that's being scrapped/changed in the game update?

Speaking of which, are game updates expected to begin for May, or are they still pending?

Thanks,

pirate_classic.gifpirate_blush.gifpirate_satisfied.gifpir_laugh2.gif

...Speaking of which, are game updates expected to begin for May, or are they still pending? ...

They're supposed to begin May - and thanks for reminding me, I need to post them.

I wanted to un-register a ship, but I never saw an option to in the form. So I accidentally double registered my rowboat. It's supposed to be un-registered. Also, there's a spot when you have to say that your ship was captured during the MCRA and built by yourself or another player, but there's no option for "this is my boat, I built it."

Oh, in case it needs to be publicly noted:

After considering the discussion in posts 1153-1165 of this thread, I submitted an adjudication form to change the "Far Horizons Salvage and Shipworks" from Factory-Large to Artisan-Large.

A separate adjudication form was entered to change "Brotherhood of the Red Dragon" from Commerce-Large to Education-Large as that category was unavailable when the build was originally submitted, but fits its intended use.

Edited by Vedauwoo

Woah - a lot of ships all the sudden - the Brick Seas are soon going to need traffic lights! pirate_laugh2.gif

Woah - a lot of ships all the sudden - the Brick Seas are soon going to need traffic lights! pirate_laugh2.gif

We seem to have an "end of the month rush" lol pir_laugh2.gif

Great rules for the Sea Rats!

At Ska: I have been thinking about sth discussed in the past. Originally you wanted 2 trade runs each month, but it turns out trade runs takes to much of your time.

Why not combining 2 trade runs each month with a zone travell limit to a vessels speed?

Small example:

A vessel called "shark" has a 3 speed rating.

It starts in zone 1 and goes to zone 3 through zone 2 (3 zones).

Two weeks later it can go from zone 3, through zone 4 to zone 5 and so on and so on.

Every trade run a ship is limited to 2 ports.

In the end it will be the same work for you (or you can divide your work), and it will add a lot of strategy in the game, which is more fun as you can try to evade enemies

I just stumbled upon an interesting ressource on different vessel types. I haven't quite explored it yet, but thought some might find it interesting.

Great rules for the Sea Rats!

At Ska: I have been thinking about sth discussed in the past. Originally you wanted 2 trade runs each month, but it turns out trade runs takes to much of your time.

Why not combining 2 trade runs each month with a zone travell limit to a vessels speed?

Small example:

A vessel called "shark" has a 3 speed rating.

It starts in zone 1 and goes to zone 3 through zone 2 (3 zones).

Two weeks later it can go from zone 3, through zone 4 to zone 5 and so on and so on.

Every trade run a ship is limited to 2 ports.

In the end it will be the same work for you (or you can divide your work), and it will add a lot of strategy in the game, which is more fun as you can try to evade enemies

As I am updating the ship index, it hits me once again how many ships there are already in our world.

As we don't want to have a Ska with a burnout, maybe in addition to my previous proposition, I could propose this:

A ship can only travell as many zones as its speed.

It can only visit 1 port each trade run.

A ship can stay within the port the next traderun. It gets a tradebonus for that turn (comparable to land income) and it cost no upkeep that turn.

(Yes, I still think all ships participating in a MRCA should cost upkeep instead of paying scandalous fees for a fourth+ ship)

Yeey, it's almost Skaday!

I'm very curious to the results!

After a week editing, the Ship Index is updated again!

All ships are included!

BUT it took way too much time thanks to those who use photobucket and other similar spam websites (seriously, my browser crashed multiple times).

So please consider using Flickr!! It is completely free and so freaking easy to choose a different picture size. Most of the famous Afols are on it.

And for me it is so much easier just to switch the code instead of downloading the picture, swearing because my browser crashed thx to a stupid add, opening the picture in paint, resize the picture in paint, upload the picture to my brickshelf, open the picture in my brickshelf and copy the link...

So short: please think about me and yourself and use Flickr!

Edit: it may happen that pictures of ships of people who refuse using flickr from now on off, will not be included in the ship index anymore. I got a life too...

If someone wants to do all the resizing for me (for pictures not on flickr), feel free to volunteer.

Edited by Maxim I

As long as Flickr uses you to create an account with a Yahoo mail, i ain`t going near that thing. got enough e-mails to monitor (LUG, club, private, work etc etc) that I can do without another one pir_laugh2.gif

You don't have to be active on that email account :)

BUT it took way too much time thanks to those who use photobucket and other similar spam websites (seriously, my browser crashed multiple times).

Do you use Ad Block Plus and set the options to block all ads? That extension does a great job of blocking ads. I have very limited bandwidth, and ads with animation make the page load A LOT slower. Blocking those ads speed up my load time.

I really dislike Flickr. The site is very slow for me. It also drives me nuts that "right-click -> copy image location" is no longer available on most photo upload sites, which speeds up indexing for me.

I am currently looking for an alternative to PicasaWeb since Google has decided to shut it down this summer. That site is fast and easy for me to use especially with indexing. An advantage Photobucket has is that you can upload images to your account using the URL of the image on another site.

As long as Flickr uses you to create an account with a Yahoo mail, i ain`t going near that thing. got enough e-mails to monitor (LUG, club, private, work etc etc) that I can do without another one pir_laugh2.gif

What he said. I was actually considering it until Yahoo reared its fugly head.

Edit: it may happen that pictures of ships of people who refuse using flickr from now on off, will not be included in the ship index anymore. I got a life too...

Ou got a life? Now, that's new :laugh:

Nobody said you will actually use/monitor this email pirate_wink.gif I dont pretty much know my password or user name on this yahoo account pirate_laugh_new.gif

Yeey, it's almost Skaday!

I'm very curious to the results!

Skaday soon, I believe. More ships, more work, more time. It has been the 3rd or 4th each month. I understand if it takes longer, but the suspense is killing me.