SkaForHire

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Introduction and Starting Thread

So the "Total Feb yield" box is the total of both January and February's gains? (In which case I think I need that Doubloons adjudication form and someone needs to make that "First Property" box in the registration form more obvious).

If the last colum nis January and February, what happened to my monthly income of January? (10 db)

A question about monthly income: Is it bein paid in the month of the registration already?

This would only be logical, as it applies for ships as well (registering it in February gives me the chance to use it in February).

An example:

Let's say I have 50 DB by 1. April and 0 monthly income and no ships so far.

Let's assume I now build a small plantation, earning me 10 DB for freebuild -> 60 DB.

Let's assume I license it as a small property, costing me 25 DB -> 35 DB.

However I will now have a monthly income of 5 DB.

Let's assume I stop building afterwards for three months.

How much money will I have by 1. May? Will I own 35 DB or will I own 40 DB?

Nope, monthlly incomes for properties start counting the month after they 'start' licensing the property.

In your example, you'd have 35 on may 1st, and an additional 5 db on june 1st, july 1st and august 1st until you build something new, totaling respectively 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 over the period if you don't spend anything

The ships start immediatly indeed, but most don't seem to come home in the MCRA, so the heavy investment that have to be made in licenses seems to be a bigger risk then the slow and steady stream of the buildings. But on the other hand the MCRA makes us all sit on the tip of our chair to see if they crew returns to their families pirate_laugh_new.gif

Great work Ska, but i think there might be an error in mine too...

When you redo for the contest scores, could you also adjust for 1st properties? It appears I was charged for both my factory (25db) and residence (5db) when my factory was my first property and thus shouldn't cost anything. There wasn't anywhere on the webform to mark that though. I believe there were a few other people who had the same issue. Thanks!

Edited by The Sarge

Since my "next monthly income" field is empty, does that mean that there was some error when I licensed my small house?

And my total seems to be missing my contest score?

Edited by Gideon

Since my "next monthly income" field is empty, does that mean that there was some error when I licensed my small house?

Ska is aware of the problem and it should be fixed in one of the upcomming days :) March still is young :D

I don't get a few things with the scorecard.

1st: Why don't I get the monopoly bonus for my textile factory? It is 5db short for february and the monthly income for next month should be 29, not 24.

2nd: The scorecard says I have a total of 112.

I had 60. Earned 60 from the challenge, 45 from MCRA, 19 from properties, 5? from approvals, 7 from Major pay. and spent 50 on two properties. It should be (60+60+45+19+7+5?)=196+, minus the 50 for the properties. It would mean that I should have 146+ (+being if I have more than 5 approval dbs).

Am I missing something, or are these expected early game errors that will be corrected?

Edit: I just read that some of this has been addressed. My first point still stands. I want my sweet scented monopoly bonus money :)

Edited by Sir Stig

I would suggest everyone keep their own accounts and give Ska a little leeway - as stated elsewhere, there was a few errors in the calculations, which will be amended when the poor soul has a chance !! ;)

Otherwise, Ska et al is going to be burned out by the end of this weekend!

I would suggest everyone keep their own accounts and give Ska a little leeway - as stated elsewhere, there was a few errors in the calculations, which will be amended when the poor soul has a chance !! ;)

If he isn't allready

Of course. It sounds like the work burden is way too much for one person, so the responsibility should be spread out among more members soon. The different factions need to find people to fill the positions in the royal courts soon (and equivalents). BoBs is off to a flying sailing start! I'm not sure what I can help with or how, but I want to help in any way possible. It is a daunting task to keep the information accessible without cluttering everything up.

Hmm, It got me thinking of maybe making a monopoly index, so they can be processed and paid out separately. It would be each builders responsibility to inform the one responsible off the monopoly index, with information of category and size. I can make a thread for that, and take responsibility of updating it, if desired.

Of course. It sounds like the work burden is way too much for one person, so the responsibility should be spread out among more members soon. The different factions need to find people to fill the positions in the royal courts soon (and equivalents). BoBs is off to a flying sailing start! I'm not sure what I can help with or how, but I want to help in any way possible. It is a daunting task to keep the information accessible without cluttering everything up.

Hmm, It got me thinking of maybe making a monopoly index, so they can be processed and paid out separately. It would be each builders responsibility to inform the one responsible off the monopoly index, with information of category and size. I can make a thread for that, and take responsibility of updating it, if desired.

I'd say "go" - it can't do any harm.

Later today, I expect to make an accounting sheet available to my fellow corries. When a few of them have tested it, I expect to make it generally available. And I don't even expect anything in return! (Ok, a small token of appreciation, a small monetary gift, a title, a royal medal, or a government position wouldn't be too mightily opposed... *wink wink* :P )

(That last part was a joke)

I'd say "go" - it can't do any harm.

Later today, I expect to make an accounting sheet available to my fellow corries. When a few of them have tested it, I expect to make it generally available. And I don't even expect anything in return! (Ok, a small token of appreciation, a small monetary gift, a title, a royal medal, or a government position wouldn't be too mightily opposed... *wink wink* :P )

(That last part was a joke)

Bregir, you're rich already! As said before, that should be enough

Anybody selling souls or first borne sons? ;)

In a more serious tone, I really need to find investment prospects for all my funds...

In a more serious tone, I really need to find investment prospects for all my funds...

Look no further, I'll sent you a PM

Turns out I did okay in the last trade run too, I was thinking of founding a settlement or something with the proceeds... A nice stable income... I feel like the seas can be brutal. But I guess really should be building another ship to send out into the mix.. Decisions decisions... Does anyone want to go into part ownership on two medium sized ship/boats, to split the risk of the trade runs? I mean what's the odds of two ships failing...??

Turns out I did okay in the last trade run too, I was thinking of founding a settlement or something with the proceeds... A nice stable income... I feel like the seas can be brutal. But I guess really should be building another ship to send out into the mix.. Decisions decisions... Does anyone want to go into part ownership on two medium sized ship/boats, to split the risk of the trade runs? I mean what's the odds of two ships failing...??

What's the odd a trade company loses 3 ships in 2 months? :p

Is it just Eslandolan trade companies that can gain monopolies? I am having a go at creating a Monopoly index (It will not be as extensive as the ship index), but I need to know if I should include Coyle Shipping Company, and other future companies from other factions.

Is it just Eslandolan trade companies that can gain monopolies? I am having a go at creating a Monopoly index (It will not be as extensive as the ship index), but I need to know if I should include Coyle Shipping Company, and other future companies from other factions.

I think also other factions can gave tradecompanies :)

Talking about monopolies:

Through this way, MAESTRO requests an official statement that they have a monopoly on apples!

We have included those apples in the majority of our builds and have a few fruit plantations and warehouses full of apples :)

I would consider this. You are welcome to send a pm to discuss this. pirate_blush.gif

Everyone can, but no one else has one yet (afaik). I would suggest only including trade companies that already have monopolies currently, and then add more, if they obtain a monopoly.

I think also other factions can gave tradecompanies :)

Talking about monopolies:

Through this way, MAESTRO requests an official statement that they have a monopoly on apples!

We have included those apples in the majority of our builds and have a few fruit plantations and warehouses full of apples :)

Well, if trade companies from all factions can have monopolies, the leaders off all factions need to agree whenever a monopoly is gained. If not we will soon have a crazy monopoly race, where everyone tries to come up with every commodity imaginable. For the fun and depth of the game I hope everyone can gain monopoly, although they should not be given lightly.

I personally support the apple monopoly, since Maestro members have advocated apples throughout the companies history and MOCs.

Edited by Sir Stig

Invest in property and planations.

I know a city on a nice island full of chocolate where you can settle down nicely.pirate_laugh_new.gif

As stated before, monopolies are currently limited to the two starting Eslandian trade companies, and there are no plans afoot to grant any more. I suppose in the very far distant future another trade company might possibly get a monopoly, but I wouldn't count on it and rather doubt of it happening pirate_wink.gif

Invest in property and planations.

I know a city on a nice island full of chocolate where you can settle down nicely.pirate_laugh_new.gif

I probably will, but with my vast wealth, it will only require a small portion of my fortune! pirate_tong.gif

As stated before, monopolies are currently limited to the two starting Eslandian trade companies, and there are no plans afoot to grant any more. I suppose in the very far distant future another trade company might possibly get a monopoly, but I wouldn't count on it and rather doubt of it happening pirate_wink.gif

I think you might have a conflict of interest here, Garm! pirate_wink.gif