Sign in to follow this  
Chro

Teneu of the Iron Thorns

Really awesome build! His arms look a little short, but there is so much detail and intricate design that I really cannot complain :D

Could you post a close-up of the sword? I'm really curious how you are able to keep it from flopping around on its hilt.

The build has been disassembled, but the sword is simple enough: it is technically an illegal connection, and the space in the crook of the angled connector is slightly too small for the other connector to fit into. As a result it creates its own friction without needing a fancy connection.

Thank you!

Holy !#@$ this is fantastic! :wub: I love the armor, It looks excellent.

This is WICKED COOL! ( If anything, the arms would be too long if this were an actual person.)

Thank you both!

He's an aggressive warrior type, of course, from the Iron Thorns, which is some sort of mercenary group. All of that could probably be gleaned from the original post though... honestly not much story to speak of yet. XD

I'm considering making some more Iron Thorns MOCs in which case the group and Teneu himself would be fleshed out a little more.

Edit: I will say that Teneu is definitely not a Toa, or at least wouldn't think of himself as one even if that were to be his technical classification. No elemental powers either, whether that's because he innately has none or because he exclusively uses weaponry and never developed his other abilities. I guess that the same would apply in-story: he doesn't know what he is and he doesn't care because the only thing that matters to him is doing his job. Breaking people with extreme prejudice.

Edited by Chro

I'm not really into G1-style builds, but this has really captivated me. Fantastic, solid shaping all around, and the texturing isn't too bad. The sides of the torso could've been a little more elegant, though.

I agree, although with the pieces I had available there wasn't much I could do to the sides of the torso without entirely redoing the chest and shoulder arrangement. Thank you!

Dear sir,

congratz on your moc!! i friggin love it XD

as a new starting bionicle/h factory moc'er im trying but failing ... do u might have any instructions or examples of a build up to get those "bulky" torso and legs, instead of those skinny things i create

is there also a "standard" part list that is used? google and youtube dont help me much...

anyway, keep on building those great moc's, im a fan ;)

I like the rawness of bionicle of the old.. must be hard to make everything come together perfectly curvy and connected. There's a certain order in the disorder of parts.. and it all comes together nicely. The old mask.. the sword with the perfectly positioned hilt with the 3 pronged connector.. everything is breathtaking.

It's certainly easier to get a nice organic flow with CCBS than with old Bionicle; I think a fusion of the two lends itself really well to a cohesive and unique figure, as with this MOC. Thank you so much!

Oh, didn't realize I didn't comment here yet.

I really really dig this guy's colors and overall spiky theme. The proportions and silhouette are also friggin' gorgeous. Just a really solid build all around, great work Chro.

Oh, didn't realize I didn't comment here yet.

I really really dig this guy's colors and overall spiky theme. The proportions and silhouette are also friggin' gorgeous. Just a really solid build all around, great work Chro.

Thanks Djok. Means a lot <3

Awww, he looks so cool!! I love the blend of old and new parts. Did you do the mask yourself?

Thanks! The mask is custom-painted by my friends over at Modalt.

I think this looks great. I don't think the sides are lacking at all, the technic greebles give the idea of complex mechanics under the armour. The proportions are fantastic, and that mask is really, really cleanly painted. Hats off to your friends' skill.