Zusammengebaut

Video: Resistance Troop Transporter Reivew (Princess Leia)

Hello,

this is my Review of the new Lego Star Wars Set "Resistance Troop Transporter" (75140).

Images of this "second wave"-set you can find right here.

The Review is in German, this time. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me at any time. :classic:

May the force be with you

Andres

Edited by Zusammengebaut

This was the only set that really caught my eye for the second wave since its an interesting design and the only real big vehicle.

Without being able to compare to the real thing, it already looks very well done. It reminds me of a B-Wing without its horizontal wings.

The back side of it looks great and the cockpit loking mechanism is a nice addition.

The only complaint I can find for now is that it seems to rely heavily on its numerous stickers... (central front, cockpit and the back)

EDIT: btw, is the canopy actually printed?

Edited by BigEl

That minifigure torso with the Alliance starbird... mmmm! :moar: Also, the Resistance troopers' guns are that same gray that appeared in the First Order Transporter! This set is definitely a must-get for me!

Good grief - this was the one set I wasn't so excited by, but after seeing that my wallet will be taking another hit. The rear side, which I haven't seen any images of until now, looks really interesting.

Also looking forward to seeing it on screen at 12.01 tonight! :snicker:

Good grief - this was the one set I wasn't so excited by, but after seeing that my wallet will be taking another hit. The rear side, which I haven't seen any images of until now, looks really interesting.

Also looking forward to seeing it on screen at 12.01 tonight! :snicker:

I have seen this movie yesterday (press preview)... a few hours after I have uploaded the review. :classic:

It is a really cool set, which looks similar to the model in the movie.

So, no spoiler, but: Enjoy "The Force Awakens". It is fantastic.

Edited by Zusammengebaut

OK, wait, are the Resistance guns that same dark metallic color as in the First Order Transporter set? In this video, it looks like they are, but the Shop @ Home listing for this set does not make it look like they are. :wacko:

the rounded piece on the rear end looks like Lego took cues from the escape pod design/set coming with R2-D2 ,Threepio and the Jawa`s.

the rounded piece on the rear end looks like Lego took cues from the escape pod design/set coming with R2-D2 ,Threepio and the Jawa`s.

Hi,

First post from a long time lurker but it's quite interesting that you should say that.

Spoiler Warning: this link will show you a picture from The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary. If you don't want to see what the "real" troop transporter ship looks like and some details of its origins, please don't click.

http://imgur.com/Sc8ldTJ

Thank you Zusammengebaut for the review. I'm a little disappointed in the canopy sticker but I think I'm still in for a purchase on this one.

I love this set, but I really want to know what it looks like without stickers, because I don't typically apply them. I think it will mostly be okay, but I might need to build a new ramp/door to add some visually interesting details to the middle of the ship.

Stickers, no print... :sceptic:

Wait what? The canopy? Jesus Christ, so they pulled a UCS X-Wing on this ey?

Seriously, the times when I go over my old Lego stuff from 13+ years ago there are close to no stickers on the old parts.... nearly all pieces printed.

But nowadays it seems to be the complete opposite :sceptic:

Spoiler Warning: this link will show you a picture from The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary. If you don't want to see what the "real" troop transporter ship looks like and some details of its origins, please don't click.

http://imgur.com/Sc8ldTJ

Ummmm..... the cockpit module?

B-Wing MARK 2!!!!!!!! Oh, be still my beatin heart.

Great review :thumbup: ! How many figures can fit in the set altogether? I would consider buying this set if it could fit 4 more troops from the battlepack

Great review :thumbup: ! How many figures can fit in the set altogether? I would consider buying this set if it could fit 4 more troops from the battlepack

I don't own this set, but just by eyeballin' the pics it looks like it could probably fit the extra figs, IMO. Here's hoping!

This is actually one of the most movie accurate sets, also in scale, Lego has given us, in a long time...

Yeah, the scale seems really accurate to me as well! The only accuracy problem I can see with this set is it's color. It was light gray with blue striping is the movie.

(eh, mild spoilers, I guess?)

I'm just praying this ship appears in multiples in Episode VIII, features in a major battle scene pouring out tonnes of infantry and are used like the republic gunship. Because I do not wanna spend £60 on a vehicle that literally shows up for about 45 seconds with the sole purpose of DROPPING OFF LEIA.

In line with everybody else, thanks for posting this review. While I couldn't understand the commentary in German, it was at least helpful finally getting a good look at the interior of the ship.

Yeah, though, otherwise it's a really cool looking set, and it's rather impressive that they managed to cram as much space as they did into the ship without it looking too ridiculous. Depending on the price, I might buy a copy once January 1st rolls around.

Thank you everybody! If I would answer to most of your questions, this would be a Spoiler!

So: Please check out the movie, it is great. And: This model is very fine too, because of many reasons. :laugh:

And if you like to add some minifigures: No problem, there is a lot of space inside.

Thank you everybody! If I would answer to most of your questions, this would be a Spoiler!

So: Please check out the movie, it is great. And: This model is very fine too, because of many reasons. :laugh:

And if you like to add some minifigures: No problem, there is a lot of space inside.

Hi, that's good news. It's a litle hard to tell from any angle how much space is available under the black bracketed sections.

Brick Show put a review up of this set also now. I do like some of the little colour details.

The canopy stickering seems to be two separate stickers for ease of application. I'm not sure whether to go with them or not.

I've not seen the movie yet but I'm really curious if we get to see the pilot of this craft and whether or not he's a unique pilot style or just a slight variation of the "standard" yellow visor Resistance troop.

If we don't see the pilot, I'm planning on using the pilot minifig from the 75050 B-Wing update ( who's modelled after someone who piloted a Gray Squadron Y-Wing I think. ). It's a happy coincidence that his burgundy helmet markings nicely match the burgundy markings beside the cockpit. Easily my favourite pilot figure and X-Wing flightsuits didn't change much it seems, so I can easily imagine these plucky characters in the more unfashionable craft didn't get much of an upgrade in the three decades.

I've not seen the movie yet but I'm really curious if we get to see the pilot of this craft and whether or not he's a unique pilot style or just a slight variation of the "standard" yellow visor Resistance troop.

Find a copy of the Force Awakens Cross-Sections book. This Transport is one of the vehicles cross-sectioned. It shows the pilot as a helmet-less Resistance trooper. FWIW, I think I'll just take your idea and stick that Gray Squadron pilot in there. Maybe stick his helmet on a Resistance trooper body?

Since I don't speak German I don't know if this was addressed, but the Cross-Sections book makes clear that, despite pre-movie speculation, the cockpit is not supposed to rotate. So that isn't a fault of the set.

Thank you for this review, I think it is the most interesting set of the wave as said above. Te ship is a real beauty and seeing howm uch storage space it has and the fully detailed back side, I just like it more. That little cockpit opening help function looks a bit strange. Only opens up so much that you can put your fingers around it to open manually? *insert genius meme here :D Other than that I like this, I'm curious how the price tag will turn out in Hungary :sceptic:

Edited by Csacsa234

OP, if i may post this in your thread:

Came across this adorable review of the set by a kid on the family dinner table:

http://youtu.be/pRQjfVIwrNI

He actually posted an original and interesting idea on the modular nature of the craft (consisting of a fighter with an insertable transport module), which doesn't seem all too far fetched, given the backstory of the design, and I hope to see this idea explored in future episodes...In the words of Yoda: "Truly wonderful the mind of a child is":

216C0876-46BF-4BF0-91BA-1C0DB85EEF8C_zpsqfy4fvyf.png

836B105F-D38D-4FA2-B320-9BB48502862B_zpscugbdeki.png

625428DB-85E4-44DB-8AB2-BF3D3A3CF180_zpsj8pn6fm0.png

CB037BA6-01A9-4415-800A-E2F2B9BEBEA0_zpsikqcgcgs.png